Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'

So, a guy that inflicted needless pain and suffering on others,will be subject to pain and suffering? Implying there's a negative side here? Explain that to me. What is the "bad' side here?

It degrades us as a civilization. Or a purported civilization anyway.

Kind of like why we don't engage in torture. Or burn women at the stake.
I have to say, damned good post. I don't agree, however. It doesn't work in the real world. Some people deserve to die for their crimes. Hitler, or Jeffery Dahmer. There is a time and place for everything. We all have
a line in the sand that when crossed....yes, I dare say, even ideological liberals even.

Once AGAIN the topic here is not whether the death penalty should be engaged or not. That's an entirely separate quesiton.

The issue here is "cruel and unusual punishment" as proscribed in the Constitution.
Three posts in a row tried to skirt around that question and make it about the death penalty.

And you don't get it..... it is not cruel, as any way you kill a murderer will be cruel, and it is not unusual...but if you prefer hanging, or shooting them, I'm all for that too.

So, a guy that inflicted needless pain and suffering on others,will be subject to pain and suffering? Implying there's a negative side here? Explain that to me. What is the "bad' side here?

I have to say, damned good post. I don't agree, however. It doesn't work in the real world. Some people deserve to die for their crimes. Hitler, or Jeffery Dahmer. There is a time and place for everything. We all have
a line in the sand that when crossed....yes, I dare say, even ideological liberals even.

Once AGAIN the topic here is not whether the death penalty should be engaged or not. That's an entirely separate quesiton.

The issue here is "cruel and unusual punishment" as proscribed in the Constitution.
Three posts in a row tried to skirt around that question and make it about the death penalty.
I already answered it. If it's common, it's not at all unusual.

And it isn't "common" either. If it were --- it wouldn't be a story. And it wouldn't have been mulled over by SCOTUS.

:banghead:

I accept the death penalty the same way I accept abortion. It's cold blooded and just a fact,
and sometimes its necessary in much the same way. Like that. So that's were I am coming from.

And you don't get it..... it is not cruel, as any way you kill a murderer will be cruel, and it is not unusual...but if you prefer hanging, or shooting them, I'm all for that too.

Get back to us when you've actually read the OP article. And the title.

When you've done that find me a single post supporting the State in this thread, that is not based on emotion of vengeance.

Such as:
Good they should also inject these bastards with adrenaline so they dont miss a twine....

Such as:
They should have brought him back to life and do it again. Kid killers need to have the little extra upon termination of life.

Such as:
pain should last longer

for those monsters.

much much much longer

--- None of which serves Justice.

Last edited:
People that oppose abortion, or the death penalty are coming from the same place. Think about it. Human life isn't the sacred little thing it's made out to be. I end this here.

People that oppose abortion, or the death penalty are coming from the same place. Think about it. Human life isn't the sacred little thing it's made out to be. I end this here.

No... they are not coming from the same place. Abortion is murder.....ending the life of a murderer is justice..... Abortion murders an innocent human being. The death penalty punishes someone who has taken away the life of an innocent person.

People that oppose abortion, or the death penalty are coming from the same place. Think about it.

Interestingly we rarely find those who oppose one, opposing the other. You'd think they'd be consistent, but you'd usually be wrong. And I see one of them just trotted in to demonstrate exactly what I mean in the previous post. Right on time.

Human life isn't the sacred little thing it's made out to be. I end this here.

Agree with that. :thup:

No... they are not coming from the same place. Abortion is murder.....ending the life of a murderer is justice..... Abortion murders an innocent human being. The death penalty punishes someone who has taken away the life of an innocent person.
Well damn. So bombing the holy shit out of Dresden or nuking Hiroshima wasn't mass murder then? Funny how that works.

Good news! ... Need to see more of this ... and at faster pace(s).

6kNbggKWX1ao9EKkGougWLmLniusQck-DhF7Xdeyn0AQP-VQbwRsizPieLZcpaIDGGxbyV7Jhu95mgEIeOQ=pf-w200-h200

Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'
Tennessee has carried out its first execution in nearly a decade using a controversial cocktail of drugs including a lethal ingredient described by the Supreme ...

The Independent
yesterday

Reporter describes Bill Ray Irick's final words | Watch News Videos Online
Tennessee executed it's first inmate in a decade Thursday night. Bill Ray Irick was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer in Knox ...

Globalnews.ca
yesterday

I've been told by Flopper that punishment isn't a deterrent, that we need more "rehabilitation."
And of curse, SC Sotomayor thinks this is all "barbaric."
Both could be right. I dunno. Meantime, it wasn't Sotomayor's kid, and dead is dead.
I'm still alive and will sleep well tonight.

It's all about INNOCENT human life.

Murderers are not innocent. Take an innocent life and forfeit your life. That is why a just state would arrest, try and execute abortion "doctors."

Well damn. So bombing the holy shit out of Dresden or nuking Hiroshima wasn't mass murder then? Funny how that works.
That was SELF DEFENSE.

It's all about INNOCENT human life.

Murderers are not innocent. Take an innocent life and forfeit your life. That is why a just state would arrest, try and execute abortion "doctors."

Where's that quote, LIAR? We're waiting.

6kNbggKWX1ao9EKkGougWLmLniusQck-DhF7Xdeyn0AQP-VQbwRsizPieLZcpaIDGGxbyV7Jhu95mgEIeOQ=pf-w200-h200

Tennessee has carried out its first execution in nearly a decade using a controversial cocktail of drugs including a lethal ingredient described by the Supreme ...

The Independent
yesterday

Tennessee executed it's first inmate in a decade Thursday night. Bill Ray Irick was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer in Knox ...

Globalnews.ca
yesterday
I am all in for the death penalty.

But this is bullshit if its true. I didn't read the article so I don't know.

By torturing the fuck as you kill him, you make yourself no better than he was.

He deserved to die, yes. But just kill him and move on. No one should derive pleasure from it.

The Independent
yesterday

Globalnews.ca
yesterday
I am all in for the death penalty.

But this is bullshit if its true. I didn't read the article so I don't know.

By torturing the fuck as you kill him, you make yourself no better than he was.

He deserved to die, yes. But just kill him and move on. No one should derive pleasure from it.
I would gladly execute him in the most horrible fashion and sleep like a baby afterwards.

That was SELF DEFENSE.
Oh, yeah I know, heard it all before. I used to believe it, too. They were fascist pigs and they deserved every ounce of comeuppance they got. Yeah, on the face of it. Ever read Slaughterhouse 5?

That was SELF DEFENSE.

Bombing an industrial center in a city to end a war the Germans and Japanese started, as they themselves murdered 12 million innocent men, women and children in Europe and another 3 million in Asia... not combat soldiers, actual innocent civilians arrested and put to death.....

Not even close to the same thing.....

i am against the death penalty the way it is used in the us....if the country is going to have a death penalty it needs to be painless..which would be a firing squad or the electric chair. a well maintained electric chair will do it as humanely has possible...i think a fire squad would be pretty instant

Pogo i understand what you are saying that this type of thing allows sadistic venting and rah rah bs
alas in the light of civilization...some men/women deserve to die...

Forum List

Back