Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'

Darkman00

VIP Member
Aug 3, 2018
Good news! ... Need to see more of this ... and at faster pace(s).

6kNbggKWX1ao9EKkGougWLmLniusQck-DhF7Xdeyn0AQP-VQbwRsizPieLZcpaIDGGxbyV7Jhu95mgEIeOQ=pf-w200-h200

Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'
Tennessee has carried out its first execution in nearly a decade using a controversial cocktail of drugs including a lethal ingredient described by the Supreme ...

The Independent
yesterday

Reporter describes Bill Ray Irick's final words | Watch News Videos Online
Tennessee executed it's first inmate in a decade Thursday night. Bill Ray Irick was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer in Knox ...

Globalnews.ca
yesterday

So, an eye for an eye. Except she was an innocent child.

Good riddance. God will have a few words with him.

Good they should also inject these bastards with adrenaline so they dont miss a twine....

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment."

6kNbggKWX1ao9EKkGougWLmLniusQck-DhF7Xdeyn0AQP-VQbwRsizPieLZcpaIDGGxbyV7Jhu95mgEIeOQ=pf-w200-h200

Tennessee has carried out its first execution in nearly a decade using a controversial cocktail of drugs including a lethal ingredient described by the Supreme ...

The Independent
yesterday

Tennessee executed it's first inmate in a decade Thursday night. Bill Ray Irick was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer in Knox ...

Globalnews.ca
yesterday
They should have brought him back to life and do it again. Kid killers need to have the little extra upon termination of life.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment."

Yep, that would be it.

Appalling that these death-penalty freak wags above sit and revel in sadism. Even if one advocates the death penalty the idea is to rid society of the criminal, not to exact "revenge". That these freaks froth at the mouth over the sadism aspect just demonstrates the moral paucity of their position.

The Independent
yesterday

Globalnews.ca
yesterday

From the link:

>> "In refusing to grant Irick a stay, the Court today turns a blind eye to a proven likelihood that the State of Tennessee is on the verge of inflicting several minutes of torturous pain on an inmate in its custody," Ms Sotomayor wrote. "If the law permits this execution to go forward in spite of the horrific final minutes that Irick may well experience, then we have stopped being a civilised nation and accepted barbarism."

The US Supreme Court has described potassium chloride as "chemically burning at the stake". <<

Bring back the guillotine. Can’t call it cruel. If you do, you still can’t call it unusual.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

Yep, that would be it.

Appalling that these death-penalty freak wags above sit and revel in sadism. Even if one advocates the death penalty the idea is to rid society of the criminal, not to exact "revenge". That these freaks froth at the mouth over the sadism aspect just demonstrates the moral paucity of their position.

sadism?

I'd be happy if they felt 1/10th of the pain, suffering, and torture they visited on thier victims.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

Yep, that would be it.

sadism?

I'd be happy if they felt 1/10th of the pain, suffering, and torture they visited on thier victims.

See what I mean? You just went down the same hole. Death is a one-zero proposition; it's either death or life, not the 'degrees' sadists cream their jeans over.

What's sailing over all y'all's heads is this -------------- your emotions are irrelevant. Once you start running on that you're in deep doodoo.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

Yep, that would be it.

sadism?

See what I mean? You just went down the same hole. Death is a one-zero proposition; it's either death or life, not the 'degrees' sadists cream their jeans over.

What's sailing over all y'all's heads is this -------------- your emotions are irrelevant. Once you start running on that you're in deep doodoo.

what a shame, I'm not an effing computer.

emotions?

yea..

10 years of dealing with assholes like that, bragging about what they did, makes it kind of hard to maintain an unemotional stance

Yep, that would be it.

Appalling that these death-penalty freak wags above sit and revel in sadism. Even if one advocates the death penalty the idea is to rid society of the criminal, not to exact "revenge". That these freaks froth at the mouth over the sadism aspect just demonstrates the moral paucity of their position
Typical that the left feels sympathy/empathy/pity for this monster but no words for an innocent child.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"...cruel AND unusual."

If it's common, it's not at all unusual.

Yep, that would be it.

Appalling that these death-penalty freak wags above sit and revel in sadism. Even if one advocates the death penalty the idea is to rid society of the criminal, not to exact "revenge". That these freaks froth at the mouth over the sadism aspect just demonstrates the moral paucity of their position
Typical that the left feels sympathy/empathy/pity for this monster but no words for an innocent child.

Tennessee did not execute an innocent child. Read the link.
Nor did I opine in any way about the criminal. Read my post.
Nor am I an entire side of the political spectrum anyway. Read this.

Strike three, yer out. Next batter please.

So, a guy that inflicted needless pain and suffering on others,will be subject to pain and suffering? Implying there's a negative side here? Explain that to me. What is the "bad' side here?

So, a guy that inflicted needless pain and suffering on others,will be subject to pain and suffering? Implying there's a negative side here? Explain that to me. What is the "bad' side here?

It degrades us as a civilization. Or a purported civilization anyway.

Kind of like why we don't engage in torture. Or burn women at the stake.

The Independent
yesterday

Globalnews.ca
yesterday
I'm pretty much ok with that.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

Yep, that would be it.

sadism?

what a shame, I'm not an effing computer.

emotions?

yea..

10 years of dealing with assholes like that, bragging about what they did, makes it kind of hard to maintain an unemotional stance

Doesn't matter, it's gotta be did.

Put simply, if you're unable to divorce your emotions from justice, then you're not qualified to be dispensing the latter. Obviously some klown in Tennessee is unqualified.

No amount of sadism brings the victim back; all it does is feed the sadists.

Interestingly the state has a law pending that would prohibit this kind of administration of the mentally ill. So it could soon make what it just did, illegal.

Forum List

Back