Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'

So, a guy that inflicted needless pain and suffering on others,will be subject to pain and suffering? Implying there's a negative side here? Explain that to me. What is the "bad' side here?

It degrades us as a civilization. Or a purported civilization anyway.

Kind of like why we don't engage in torture. Or burn women at the stake.
The death penalty shows that we, as a society, put such a sacred bond on life that if you take one, you sacrifice your own.

Referring to the 8th?

"The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment."

Yep, that would be it.

Appalling that these death-penalty freak wags above sit and revel in sadism. Even if one advocates the death penalty the idea is to rid society of the criminal, not to exact "revenge". That these freaks froth at the mouth over the sadism aspect just demonstrates the moral paucity of their position.

sadism?

I'd be happy if they felt 1/10th of the pain, suffering, and torture they visited on thier victims.

See what I mean? You just went down the same hole. Death is a one-zero proposition; it's either death or life, not the 'degrees' sadists cream their jeans over.

What's sailing over all y'all's heads is this -------------- your emotions are irrelevant. Once you start running on that you're in deep doodoo.

what a shame, I'm not an effing computer.

emotions?

yea..

10 years of dealing with assholes like that, bragging about what they did, makes it kind of hard to maintain an unemotional stance

Doesn't matter, it's gotta be did.

Put simply, if you're unable to divorce your emotions from justice, then you're not qualified to be dispensing the latter.

No amount of sadism brings the victim back; all it does is feed the sadists.

Like I said earlier..

I'm not an effing computer.

I doubt the judge and jury that decided his fate were either.

(I'm sorry to hear you are)

No, he stole an innocent life. He must give up his life. That is justice.

That's fine, but it's not at all the point here.

So, a guy that inflicted needless pain and suffering on others,will be subject to pain and suffering? Implying there's a negative side here? Explain that to me. What is the "bad' side here?

The death penalty shows that we, as a society, put such a sacred bond on life that if you take one, you sacrifice your own.

Again --- not the point here. Are you two in the Illiterati Club together?

No, he stole an innocent life. He must give up his life. That is justice.

That's fine, but it's not at all the point here.

Again --- not the point here. Are you two in the Illiterati Club together?
I don't care about your definition of sadism. Dems da rulez.

I have to say, damned good post. I don't agree, however. It doesn't work in the real world. Some people deserve to die for their crimes. Hitler, or Jeffery Dahmer. There is a time and place for everything. We all have
a line in the sand that when crossed....yes, I dare say, even ideological liberals even.

Too short a pain

the scum child killer is suffering

just too short

not fair

Yep, that would be it.

Appalling that these death-penalty freak wags above sit and revel in sadism. Even if one advocates the death penalty the idea is to rid society of the criminal, not to exact "revenge". That these freaks froth at the mouth over the sadism aspect just demonstrates the moral paucity of their position.

sadism?

I'd be happy if they felt 1/10th of the pain, suffering, and torture they visited on thier victims.

See what I mean? You just went down the same hole. Death is a one-zero proposition; it's either death or life, not the 'degrees' sadists cream their jeans over.

What's sailing over all y'all's heads is this -------------- your emotions are irrelevant. Once you start running on that you're in deep doodoo.

what a shame, I'm not an effing computer.

emotions?

yea..

10 years of dealing with assholes like that, bragging about what they did, makes it kind of hard to maintain an unemotional stance

Doesn't matter, it's gotta be did.

Put simply, if you're unable to divorce your emotions from justice, then you're not qualified to be dispensing the latter. Obviously some klown in Tennessee is unqualified.

Interestingly the state has a law pending that would prohibit this kind of administration of the mentally ill. So it could soon make what it just did, illegal.

Like I said earlier..

I'm not an effing computer.

I doubt the judge and jury that decided his fate were either.

(I'm sorry to hear you are)

Again --- I'm in no way immune to the emotion, and I get it and share it.

But I also know where its place is, and where it isn't. And it's got no place here. When you're sentencing this criminal you're sentencing on behalf of the citizenry and its society and its Law --- not to indulge your own emotions.

Last edited:
Fair is fair

for how long did the killer inflicted pain on the child before killing?

multiply that

that's how much the scum should suffer

I have to say, damned good post. I don't agree, however. It doesn't work in the real world. Some people deserve to die for their crimes. Hitler, or Jeffery Dahmer. There is a time and place for everything. We all have
a line in the sand that when crossed....yes, I dare say, even ideological liberals even.

Once AGAIN the topic here is not whether the death penalty should be engaged or not. That's an entirely separate quesiton.

The issue here is "cruel and unusual punishment" as proscribed in the Constitution.
Three posts in a row tried to skirt around that question and make it about the death penalty.

Once AGAIN the topic here is not whether the death penalty should be engaged or not. That's an entirely separate quesiton.

The issue here is "cruel and unusual punishment" as proscribed in the Constitution.
Three posts in a row tried to skirt around that question and make it about the death penalty.
I already answered it. If it's common, it's not at all unusual.

Paula.jpg

Rest in Peace Paula, justice has been served.

Every and any form of punishment could be called "Cruel" and or "Unusual" .

Well besides the point. Lets just sit on our hands and not do anything? , because people might get hurt? Your solution would be...please, fill me in here. Kill them with kindness? I won't ignore them because it suits wimps that can't suffer the consequences. Lets get real here.

View attachment 209822

Rest in Peace Paula, justice has been served.
FINALLY. Someone put it he focus where it belongs.

Liberals just can't remove themselves from empathizing with the criminal.

Pogo, your emotions have no place here.

Once AGAIN fucking liar, I didn't even REFER to the perp. I posted about how justice should work.

Here's a prime example why you can't run on emotions. It makes you a liar.

Go ahead liar --- prove me wrong and quote it.

What's that? Oh, you can't?

Exactly. Because you're a LIAR.

Cruel and unusual would have been to have put him in general population. He got off easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every and any form of punishment could be called "Cruel" and or "Unusual" .

Well besides the point. Lets just sit on our hands and not do anything? , because people might get hurt? Your solution would be...please, fill me in here. Kill them with kindness? I won't ignore them because it suits wimps that can't suffer the consequences. Lets get real here.

What's the title of this thread? Hm?

And what's the OP link about?

The point stands; the topic is about the nature of the penalty inflicted here, and you tried to make it about the death penalty. Third wag to try to do that too. Wonder why y'all can't handle the topic.

pain should last longer

for those monsters.

much much much longer

Forum List

Back