Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'

Lord ...I hate child killers!

Hate them!
But kidnapping them from parents OK, because Trump said so.

And if Trump was kidnapping children, that would be a problem. But when the parents cross the border illegally, they get arrested and then they need to have their children taken care of....true, obama gave them to human traffickers, but Trump actually is trying to deal with the situation created by past Presidents, including obama. If those parents had simply done as other legal immigrants have done, and gone to the American Consulate or a port of entry into the U.S..... we wouldn't have to take care of their children.

Please, some people deserve to die. Even a wet behind the ears liberal born yesterday ding-a-ling senses that in their bones. Sometimes there is no redemption for the worst humans. And it's that simple. Death is the only solution. I am thinking, Jeffery Dahmer here. A cannibal mass murderer will not be redeemed because we are squeamish cowards that and equivocate.
Yeah, maybe, but maybe not. But lets be humane. Oh ok, some other sociopath murdered this pile of human of filth. Why didn't we just actually do it cleanly and directly and spare all the excuses? We killed Dahmer just the same, either way.We just let another sociopath do it, instead. Aren't we spiffy or what?

Last edited:
As Dennis Prager points out, the Death Penalty is the only penalty mentioned in all 5 books of the Old Testament....and as a Christian, I'm o.k. with that.

Good news! ... Need to see more of this ... and at faster pace(s).

6kNbggKWX1ao9EKkGougWLmLniusQck-DhF7Xdeyn0AQP-VQbwRsizPieLZcpaIDGGxbyV7Jhu95mgEIeOQ=pf-w200-h200

Tennessee executes child killer Billy Ray Irick with drug that inflicts 'torturous pain'
Tennessee has carried out its first execution in nearly a decade using a controversial cocktail of drugs including a lethal ingredient described by the Supreme ...

The Independent
yesterday

Reporter describes Bill Ray Irick's final words | Watch News Videos Online
Tennessee executed it's first inmate in a decade Thursday night. Bill Ray Irick was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer in Knox ...

Globalnews.ca
yesterday
I am all in for the death penalty.

But this is bullshit if its true. I didn't read the article so I don't know.

By torturing the fuck as you kill him, you make yourself no better than he was.

He deserved to die, yes. But just kill him and move on. No one should derive pleasure from it.
I would gladly execute him in the most horrible fashion and sleep like a baby afterwards.
Then I have little use for you.

We need the death penalty to punish those that took an innocent life. I understand the human nature of revenge however if we execute with the intent to inflict pain, then we as a society are no better than the person we executed.

What is gained by unnecessary suffering on the part of a criminal who is being executed? If the person must be killed, just do it quickly and have done with it. There are painless ways, but a simple bullet to the head is better than torture.
Capital punishment is society being anti-social.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment."

Yep, that would be it.

Appalling that these death-penalty freak wags above sit and revel in sadism. Even if one advocates the death penalty the idea is to rid society of the criminal, not to exact "revenge". That these freaks froth at the mouth over the sadism aspect just demonstrates the moral paucity of their position.

sadism?

I'd be happy if they felt 1/10th of the pain, suffering, and torture they visited on thier victims.

That makes you no better than him.

He killed that little girl because he was mentally ill and had been subjected to horrific abuse as a child. That’s not a defense of his actions. He should be locked away for the rest of his life. But an eye for an eye makes everybody blind.

Ms. Sotomayer had it right. Torturing prisoners, killing them with such cruelty, is wrong. It won’t bring back that little girl, and it is dimishes your humanity as a nation to do it.

Of course your humanity is being dimished daily by a President who tears children away from their parents with no intention of giving them back, revoking visas for long term residents, revoking people’s access to health care. Each day, the decency and morality which made the US the shining nation it was, is being diminished.

Trump isn’t making American great again. He’s turning your country into s nation full of anger hatred and paranoia. Just like Trump himself.

6kNbggKWX1ao9EKkGougWLmLniusQck-DhF7Xdeyn0AQP-VQbwRsizPieLZcpaIDGGxbyV7Jhu95mgEIeOQ=pf-w200-h200

Tennessee has carried out its first execution in nearly a decade using a controversial cocktail of drugs including a lethal ingredient described by the Supreme ...

The Independent
yesterday

Tennessee executed it's first inmate in a decade Thursday night. Bill Ray Irick was sentenced to death for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Paula Dyer in Knox ...

Globalnews.ca
yesterday

Actually my favorite part of this story is that is comes from the Independent. What do Brits have left but the ability to sit on high and judge America from its own land of multi-culti acid attacks and Rotherham???

But go on Brits, and the rest of Europe too. We know it's your bread and butter....

I really tried to work up some tears for the child killer...

Just couldn't do it.

Rot in hell ya SOB

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

"The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment."

Yep, that would be it.

Appalling that these death-penalty freak wags above sit and revel in sadism. Even if one advocates the death penalty the idea is to rid society of the criminal, not to exact "revenge". That these freaks froth at the mouth over the sadism aspect just demonstrates the moral paucity of their position.

sadism?

I'd be happy if they felt 1/10th of the pain, suffering, and torture they visited on thier victims.

That makes you no better than him.

He killed that little girl because he was mentally ill and had been subjected to horrific abuse as a child. That’s not a defense of his actions. He should be locked away for the rest of his life. But an eye for an eye makes everybody blind.

Ms. Sotomayer had it right. Torturing prisoners, killing them with such cruelty, is wrong. It won’t bring back that little girl, and it is dimishes your humanity as a nation to do it.

Of course your humanity is being dimished daily by a President who tears children away from their parents with no intention of giving them back, revoking visas for long term residents, revoking people’s access to health care. Each day, the decency and morality which made the US the shining nation it was, is being diminished.

Trump isn’t making American great again. He’s turning your country into s nation full of anger hatred and paranoia. Just like Trump himself.

The death penalty has been in this country for a lot longer than Trump, so he didn’t do a thing, so get off the blaming Trump BS.

The death penalty is fine if done correctly which is humanly and no pain. It is justice for murder. It should be done quickly and swiftly, unlike what he did to the seven year old child. No torture, just death.

The Independent
yesterday

Globalnews.ca
yesterday
They should have castrated him first

-Geayx

The Independent
yesterday

Globalnews.ca
yesterday

He deserved to die, yes. But just kill him and move on. No one should derive pleasure from it.

This sadistic bent also pre-assumes that the subject of our torture feels the same way about it as we do and "understands" the horror of the torture and why an eye for an eye is being administered. Even though we know full well he does not, otherwise he could not have visited that same horror on that innocent little girl. He may have no concept at all why this is happening to him.

Which, again, makes it not about 'justice' or 'the law' but merely about indulging sick sadism fantasies. Ultimately torturing a prisoner like this is a purely selfish act.

The Independent
yesterday

Globalnews.ca
yesterday
They should have castrated him first

-Geayx

So he wouldn't have any sex in his last ten minutes? Brilliant.

I see the wag who can't tell the difference between New York in July and Wisconsin trolley tracks in December, is now unable to even spell his own name.

The Independent
yesterday

Globalnews.ca
yesterday

I don't understand why we don't just hang them. Or give them a whopping injection of fentanyl. Seems to work on everyone else.

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

Bingo

Those who advocate cruel and painful executions do not support the constitution

The Independent
yesterday

Globalnews.ca
yesterday

I don't understand why we don't just hang them. Or give them a whopping injection of fentanyl. Seems to work on everyone else.

I have had pets put down by a vet including a horse

There is no thrashing around, no gasping for air, no convulsions
They just go to sleep

Read the Constitution

Referring to the 8th?

Bingo

Those who advocate cruel and painful executions do not support the constitution

"prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment."

Forum List

Back