Tennessee drag ban is unconstitutional, federal judge rules

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
I was pretty sure that Tenn. jumped the shark on this one. The wording too vague, and the intent too obvious. Of note, the Judge was appointed by Trump~

A federal judge has struck down a Tennessee law that banned drag shows in public or where children could watch them is unconstitutional, writing that the measure was passed “for the impermissible purpose of chilling constitutionally-protected speech.”
In his ruling issued Friday, U.S. District Judge Thomas Parker wrote that the law violates First Amendment freedom of speech protections and was “unconstitutionally vague and substantially overbroad.”

The law, which Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee (R) signed in March, would have criminalized “adult cabaret entertainment,” punishing first-time offenders with misdemeanors. Repeat offenders could face felony charges and prison sentences of up to six years if convicted.
AA1c4Y3k.img

I was pretty sure that Tenn. jumped the shark on this one. The wording too vague, and the intent too obvious. Of note, the Judge was appointed by Trump~

A federal judge has struck down a Tennessee law that banned drag shows in public or where children could watch them is unconstitutional, writing that the measure was passed “for the impermissible purpose of chilling constitutionally-protected speech.”
In his ruling issued Friday, U.S. District Judge Thomas Parker wrote that the law violates First Amendment freedom of speech protections and was “unconstitutionally vague and substantially overbroad.”

The law, which Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee (R) signed in March, would have criminalized “adult cabaret entertainment,” punishing first-time offenders with misdemeanors. Repeat offenders could face felony charges and prison sentences of up to six years if convicted.
AA1c4Y3k.img

The judge got it right.

Not my cup of tea, but even less so is the ignorance that brings these types of laws into existence.

Kids cannot go into x-rated video stores.

By the same token, kids should not be exposed to lewd burlesque where men dressed up as women dry hump each other.

If drag queens are to perform where children are involved, there needs to be some sort of ratings system for degree of sexuality.

People are taking this as an all or nothing approach where it is really one of WHERE to draw the line, instead.

People concerned with the welfare of children have posted MANY pics and videos of Drag queens dressed inappropriately, wearing long penile pseudo-tails in front of them while encouraging children to stroke them, dry humping each other on stage and any of a number of behaviors clearly unsuitable for children.

The leftists here SUPPORT that and want to give the drag queens carte blanche to engage in these and other activities with children.

My only question is whether our resident leftists support the kiddie drag shows despite this behavior or because of it?

Make sure the law is worded correctly. We have age restrictions on movies and the same can be done with this shit show.

People concerned with the welfare of children have posted MANY pics and videos of Drag queens dressed inappropriately, wearing long penile pseudo-tails in front of them while encouraging children to stroke them, dry humping each other on stage and any of a number of behaviors clearly unsuitable for children.

if that's the case in some instances, then guess what???? there should be REGULATIONS that would REGULATE.

The leftists here SUPPORT that and want to give the drag queens carte blanche to engage in these and other activities with children.

bullshit.

My only question is whether our resident leftists support the kiddie drag shows despite this behavior or because of it?

i support parents rights .... why is it all about parental rights when it comes to books in libraries or part of a school curriculem - but not about drag shows? if a parent wants to take a child to a movie that may not be suitable because of violence, blood & gore, or has sex scenes ... or to a gun show ... or to a rw nutter rally where the candidate boasts about violence against 'the other side' ....

why are there no uproars & daily TV rants about that?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back