Tender Mercies: A Roosevelt Love Story

"The US did not cede military strategy to Russia and Stalin at any time during WWII."

Absolutely did.

Stalin insisted on a 'second front,' the assumption being that Hitler's attack on the Soviet homeland, June 21, 1941, was the 'first front.'

Further, Stalin insisted....demanded .....that the second front be as far west in Europe as possible....so that at war's end, the Red Army could occupy and control all of Eastern Europe.

This meant that, although the Allies had control of Italy and could advance north into Germany, the Adriatic second front was not acceptable to Stalin....only Normandy, France, was.

Soviet Spy Hopkins and 'Yes,sir, yes sir' George Marshall were fully behind handing all of Eastern Europe over to Stalin's tender mercies.

Normandy was the logical and western France was the obvious place to begin the western front. Claiming the USA was guided by and influenced by Stalin to pick Normandy as the starting point is beyond silly. Normandy was the perfect pick for reshoupply and transportation and Great Britain had the airbases that could and would supply air support for the invasion and continued actions.

Eisenhower said one thing, and you, to hide the truth about Roosevelt, say the opposite.

Who to believe.

Was Churchill on your side?

Nah.

"Churchill strongly opposed the cross channel invasion both on military and political grounds. He was thinking about the future of Europe and the world, with Germany destroyed and triumphant communism dominating the Eurasian heartland. This prompted a difficulty for American "Russia First" strategists." A major factor in all American thinking of that time," writes General Eisenhower, "was a lively suspicion that the British contemplated the agreed-upon cross-channel concept with distaste and with considerable mental reservations. . . ."
Manly, "The Twenty Year Revolution"

Smashed another custard pie in your ugly kisser, huh?
Holy crap, you are reverting to the non-existent fake propagandist Manly and the propaganda book published by the anti FDR lobby under that made up name. Same traitors that leaked US war preparations and contingencies a week before Pearl Harbor and was used by Hitler in his Declaration of War against the US.
Post a link for a bio on Manly. Tell folks about how a "writer" named Manly was given credit for leaking Rainbow Five to the Tribune.
The OP is like those she supports who were pro-Hitler and Mussolini before the war...and encouraged the profitable sale of American scrap metal to the Japanese. Tho we got that metal back during the war via bombs and bullets.

Can you find any errors in my posts?

No?

Wadda ya' imagine that means?
I already did. I posted it. The first sentence of your OP is BS.

If it wasn't for the criminal conspiracy in the MSM that never met a democrat they didn't like FDR would have gone down in history as a failed egomaniac tyrant who should have been impeached for violating the most basic freedom in the Constitution when he locked up American citizens without due process. FDR's foreign policy was laughable. The FDR administration thought Japan was a pushover and Hitler was a benevolent dictator. It's no secret that FDR enjoyed his time with Stalin and called him "Uncle Joe" and even made jokes about Churchill with Stalin in Churchill's presence.
And crazy Americans elected to the Presidency four times, historians have rated him one of America's greatest President's, and his legacy in the form of programs and infrastructure still serving and standing after over 74 years remains the strongest legacy of any President of the 20th century.

".... historians have rated him one of America's greatest President's...."

Then why can't his best suck-up, you, find any errors in the posts I provide?

Joe Stalin defeated Hitler and sacrificed 20 million people
FDR came in after Stalin had crushed the German Army and did mop up duty while taking half of Europe

FDR played Joe Stalin

Normandy was the logical and western France was the obvious place to begin the western front. Claiming the USA was guided by and influenced by Stalin to pick Normandy as the starting point is beyond silly. Normandy was the perfect pick for reshoupply and transportation and Great Britain had the airbases that could and would supply air support for the invasion and continued actions.

Eisenhower said one thing, and you, to hide the truth about Roosevelt, say the opposite.

Who to believe.

Nah.

"Churchill strongly opposed the cross channel invasion both on military and political grounds. He was thinking about the future of Europe and the world, with Germany destroyed and triumphant communism dominating the Eurasian heartland. This prompted a difficulty for American "Russia First" strategists." A major factor in all American thinking of that time," writes General Eisenhower, "was a lively suspicion that the British contemplated the agreed-upon cross-channel concept with distaste and with considerable mental reservations. . . ."

Holy crap, you are reverting to the non-existent fake propagandist Manly and the propaganda book published by the anti FDR lobby under that made up name. Same traitors that leaked US war preparations and contingencies a week before Pearl Harbor and was used by Hitler in his Declaration of War against the US.
Post a link for a bio on Manly. Tell folks about how a "writer" named Manly was given credit for leaking Rainbow Five to the Tribune.
The OP is like those she supports who were pro-Hitler and Mussolini before the war...and encouraged the profitable sale of American scrap metal to the Japanese. Tho we got that metal back during the war via bombs and bullets.

No?

And I proved that I am correct, and provided statements by both Eisenhower and Churchill to prove what I said.

Next!

12. He extended WWII by at least two years, therefore responsible for the loss of blood and treasure over those years.

One of the more ridiculous claims made by the OP. She thinks the war against Nazi Germany and Japan could have been won in 1943.

We all know Political Chic is still outraged that Hitler didn’t win

Who to believe.

Nah.

No?

And I proved that I am correct, and provided statements by both Eisenhower and Churchill to prove what I said.

Next!
You provided your usual distortions. You are taking comments made shortly after the African campaign and during the high casualties and difficulties of the Italian campaign and before the results of the air campaign of Germany could be evaluated. In other words, you are using comments made before important factors could be included in the evaluations of strategy could be made. These comments were also made before the Russian victories on the Eastern Front could be included in the analysis. No one could guess the huge blunders Hitler would make on the eastern front.

This is how the OP is able to claim her facts are "true". They may be true but they are taken completely out of context and obsolete for the period she is discussing.

Still, no explanation as to who her major and main source of information is. She has facts but can not tell us who these facts come from.

12. He extended WWII by at least two years, therefore responsible for the loss of blood and treasure over those years.

One of the more ridiculous claims made by the OP. She thinks the war against Nazi Germany and Japan could have been won in 1943.

Let's check, and puncture you, you windbag:

Britain's intelligence chief said this about Canaris: 'It is said that had it not been for the Foreign Office's fear of offending Russia that he might have established direct contact with the admiral [Canaris] in 1942 on the removal of Hitler as a means of shortening the war."
“Gen. Menzies, Ex-British Intelligence Chief, Dies,” New York Times, May 31, 1968.

Did you see the date: 1942. When did the war with Germany finally end?

"May 7, 1945: Germany surrenders unconditionally to the Allies at Reims" Germany surrenders unconditionally to the Allies at Reims ? History.com This Day in History ? 5/7/1945

What prevented an earlier conclusion to the war?
"... fear of offending Russia..."

Fear of offending, it seems to me, suggests a relationship with one's superiors....
i.e., Roosevelt considered Stalin his superior.

Notice: above are the words of Major-General Sir Stewart Menzies, the Chief of the Secret Intelligence Service, 1939–1952, serves as the head of the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS, also commonly known as MI6), which is part of the United Kingdom intelligence community.

Aside from any Roosevelt apologists who whine 'is not, is not,' the above is sourced and linked.....

....it is undeniable.

Cognitive dissonance. How could we find ourselves on the same side as the Communists? There could only be one reason, a traitor in our government!!! CONSPIRACY.

Roosevelt: "I would rather lose New Zealand, Australia or anything else than have the Russian front collapse."
Robert Dallek, "Franklin D. Roosevelt and American Foreign Policy, 1932-1945," p. 338.

Yup!
'Russia Uber Alles'

What nation did Roosevelt represent, again?

lol

russians would have stomped patton into unrecognizable chunks for reasons that are well documented and obvious to anyone with a half a brain.

chunky just keeps chunking :lol:

I have suggested to Chic, a few times, that she gather her evidence and send it to the historians that rate the presidents. At that time the historians were communists so evidence meant nothing. But there should be a few conservative historians that would make use of her evidence so the historians do not keep voting FDR as America's greatest president.
Of course there is the other problem, the people's vote, 4X.

;,. the people's vote--four times.

; of the American people voting for FDR four times.
DR

Britain's intelligence chief said this about Canaris: 'It is said that had it not been for the Foreign Office's fear of offending Russia that he might have established direct contact with the admiral [Canaris] in 1942 on the removal of Hitler as a means of shortening the war."
“Gen. Menzies, Ex-British Intelligence Chief, Dies,” New York Times, May 31, 1968.

This is what conspiracy theorist do. The basis for the OP's claim that FDR could have ended the war in 1943 is that a British Intelligence Chief claims his own British Foreign Office prevented his from making contact with a member of Hitler's staff and discussing the removal of Hitler by coup or assassination. Hence, FDR is responsible for prolonging the war? Does that make sense to anyone?

This is what conspiracy theorist do. The basis for the OP's claim that FDR could have ended the war in 1943 is that a British Intelligence Chief claims his own British Foreign Office prevented his from making contact with a member of Hitler's staff and discussing the removal of Hitler by coup or assassination. Hence, FDR is responsible for prolonging the war? Does that make sense to anyone?

"Hence, FDR is responsible for prolonging the war? Does that make sense to anyone?"

Oh, but he was.

You need another spanking???

No prob.

There was a large and well-organized anti-Nazi, and anti-communist underground in Germany, and Stalin demanded that it never be recognized....or even its existence admitted.

"In a certain sense there was not a single year between 1933 and 1945 during which there was not some contact or attempt at contact, between the anti-Hitler opposition and either Britain or the Unites States, or both." The Greatest War Crime

Just as he extended the Depression though counter-productive policies and stupidity,Franklin Roosevelt extended WWII by years......years that cost thousands of American lives....by his affiliation with Stalin.
Stalin demanded that the Allies ignore German anti-Nazi resistance; Roosevelt bowed to the demand, as he did to Stalin's other demands.

Just one more example of Roosevelt's infatuation with the blood-drenched homicidal maniac, Joseph 'Koba' Stalin.

In October of 1944, the AP bureau chief in Berlin, Louis Lochner tried to file a story on the anti-Nazi Germans operating out of France. The US military censors blocked the story.

"The government official in charge of censorship was forthcoming enough to confide to Lochner that there was a personal directive from the president of the United States 'in his capacity as commander in chief forbidding all mention of the German resistance."
"Hitler and America,"by Klaus P. Fischer

"....a personal directive from the president...."

Why?

Fischer quotes Lochner as follows: "Stories of the existence of a resistance movement did not fit into the concept of Unconditional Surrender."

How ya' like them apples, boooooyyyyyyyeeeeeee??????

Last edited:
1.If Franklin Roosevelt had had a teenager’s crush on Joseph Stalin, that might explain his actions vis-a-vis that homicidal megalomaniac, as when he ceded Allied military strategy, and control over half of Europe to "Uncle Joe."
….it must have relied on a belief in Stalin's 'tender mercies.'

2. A telling insight comes from close friend, and, equally a Sovietophile, William Christian Bullitt, Jr..
Bullitt was also an extreme Liberal, and a radical who had worked for Woodrow Wilson, and, of course, was a fervent believer in internationalism.
"Franklin D. Roosevelt appointed Bullitt the first US ambassador to the Soviet Union, a post that he filled from 1933 to 1936." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Christian_Bullitt,_Jr.

Bullitt did try to stop FDR. In 1935, he had written to FDR about the Comintern Congress, and he followed that with a cable to Secretary of State Hull, that included that there had been "...no decrease in the determination of the Soviet Government to produce a world revolution...If this basic postulate of the Soviet Government is understood, there is nothing in nothing in Soviet domestic or foreign policy that is not clear.' He went on to explain that Stalin yearned for a US-Japan war, after Japan had been thoroughly defeated....to acquire Manchuria and Sovietize China."
Dunn, "Caught Between Roosevelt and Stalin," p. 52.

Even so....FDR refused the advice of Bullitt.

3. In a letter to FDR, dated January 29, 1943, Ambassador William Bullitt warned Roosevelt about what would happen if he continued pursuing the policies of appeasement toward Stalin that formed the foundation of the American war strategy. He pleaded with FDR not to 'permit our war to prevent Nazi domination of Europe to be turned into a war to establish Soviet domination of Europe.' He predicted the Soviet annexation of half of Europe; George Kennan identified that letter as the earliest warning of what would be the result of FDR's policies. "
For the President Personal & Secret: Correspondence Between Franklin D. Roosevelt and William C. Bullitt," Orville H. Bullitt, p. 575-590

a. FDR replied: "Bill, I don't dispute your facts, they are accurate, I don't dispute the logic of your reasoning. I have just had a hunch that Stalin is not that kind of a man. Harry says he's not and that he doesn't want anything in the world but security for his country, and I think that if I give him everything I possibly can and ask nothing from him in return, noblesse oblige, he won't try to annex anything and will work with me for a world of democracy and peace."
William C. Bullitt, "How We Won The War and Lost The Peace," Life Magazine, August 30, 1948, p. 94

Brilliant analysis by Roosevelt, huh?

How to explain this? Well, the CIA has an interesting take:

4.Perhaps it was something else, entirely:

"In recent years, the statesmanship of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, in particular his handling of Soviet affairs, has come under attack in historical studies. The situation has reached such a pass that even a psychiatrist who examined FDR’s medical records has opined that toward the end of World War II the US President ceded the better part of Eastern Europe to Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin because he was “gripped by clinical depression." How “Uncle Joe” Bugged FDR — Central Intelligence Agency

Mentally ill??????
How could that be true of the great god of the Democrats?????
At the end of WWII the Soviets had the most powerful army on the planet yet we never went to war with them and they and most of their proxies no longer exist. All in all not a bad outcome, thanks FDR.

"At the end of WWII the Soviets had the most powerful army on the planet..."

Au contraire.

Patton saw the inevitability of a conflict with the Russians. Of course, he was totally correct.
More important, Stalin knew he was correct....and so did Franklin Roosevelt, whose raison d'être was to make certain that Soviet communism survived and ended up ruling Europe after the war.

"It is a conflict that Patton believes will be fought soon. The Russians are moving to forcibly spread communism throughout the world, and Patton knows it. "They are a scurvy race and simply savages," he writes of the Russians in his journal. "We could beat the hell out of them."
"Patton," By Martin Blumenson, Kevin M. Hymel, p. 84
"They are a scurvy race and simply savages"

Patton sounds a lot like Hitler there. His sentiment was likely echoed by both Hitler and Napoleon.
Sometimes the truth is a bitch.
Anyone from Germany can tell about Russians and the way they act.

Cognitive dissonance. How could we find ourselves on the same side as the Communists? There could only be one reason, a traitor in our government!!! CONSPIRACY.
Why?

Because the Communists were engaged with Hitler in a fight to the death
If they had just been fighting among themselves, we probably would have just let them

But we wanted to defend England and liberate France, Belgium, Netherlands and Norway. To do that we needed to fight the Nazis

Besides......Germany declared war on us

Roosevelt: "I would rather lose New Zealand, Australia or anything else than have the Russian front collapse."
Robert Dallek, "Franklin D. Roosevelt and American Foreign Policy, 1932-1945," p. 338.

Yup!
'Russia Uber Alles'

Roosevelt was correct in his view that Germany was a greater threat than Japan. The Russians were grinding up the German Army while NZ and Aus made little impact on Germany. Once Germany was defeated NZ and Aus would be liberated from Japan with ease.

If Russia was defeated or made peace with Hitler we never have been able to liberate France and defeat Germany.

Yup!
'Russia Uber Alles'

Roosevelt was correct in his view that Germany was a greater threat than Japan. The Russians were grinding up the German Army while NZ and Aus made little impact on Germany. Once Germany was defeated NZ and Aus would be liberated from Japan with ease.

If Russia was defeated or made peace with Hitler we never have been able to liberate France and defeat Germany.

Bet you learned that in government school, huh?

They taught you that Hitler and Stalin would have joined forces, after June 22 of 1941?

Really?

Your head cold without this????

upload_2018-5-16_14-11-33.jpeg

Yup!
'Russia Uber Alles'

Agree

If Hitler moved most of his forces into Western Europe, we never would have dislodged him

Forum List

Back