Ten 5th-7th Graders Vs the Kindergartener

True story: I had a homeschooling family come in a few years ago. Many of the children could not read. Upper elementary. I mean to tell you could not read at all, to the point of not even knowing some of their letter sounds. In fifth grade.

It's not a magic wand. Say, why don't you tell us all about your dream school and how great it's gonna be?
I had a homeschool family living next to me for a few years
Wanted a bible based education

The kids were dumb as a bunch of rocks, so was the mother

Truth: I used to be an advocate of homeschooling. The homeschoolers drove me to stop doing it. I'm not kidding about that--people like Weatherman. When it used to come up in the teacher's lounge and stuff, I used to defend homeschooling, and I'm not just saying that.

I don't anymore. They don't deserve it. They're too nasty and vindictive, and mostly because they just want to defend their own choices.

Nothing against homeschooling. It just isn’t the educational solution that conservatives claim it is. My cousins kids were homeschooled, but they are both PhDs. They did just fine
But I have doubts that the same parents who graduated from those failed schools have the skills or perseverance to teach multiple courses and deal with educational issues
From Leftard CBS:

A new study published in The Journal of College Admissionsuggests that homeschool studentsenjoy higher ACT scores, grade point averages and graduation rates compared with other college students.

Can Homeschoolers Do Well in College?

Why shouldn't they? Let me have one to two students and I can put every one of them into Harvard. Their academic success should be expected. The problem with most of them is they turn into assholes like you.
California spends more on education than the entire GDP of some nations it trails in education.

Truth: I used to be an advocate of homeschooling. The homeschoolers drove me to stop doing it. I'm not kidding about that--people like Weatherman. When it used to come up in the teacher's lounge and stuff, I used to defend homeschooling, and I'm not just saying that.

I don't anymore. They don't deserve it. They're too nasty and vindictive, and mostly because they just want to defend their own choices.

Nothing against homeschooling. It just isn’t the educational solution that conservatives claim it is. My cousins kids were homeschooled, but they are both PhDs. They did just fine
But I have doubts that the same parents who graduated from those failed schools have the skills or perseverance to teach multiple courses and deal with educational issues
From Leftard CBS:

A new study published in The Journal of College Admissionsuggests that homeschool studentsenjoy higher ACT scores, grade point averages and graduation rates compared with other college students.

Why shouldn't they? Let me have one to two students and I can put every one of them into Harvard. Their academic success should be expected. The problem with most of them is they turn into assholes like you.
California spends more on education than the entire GDP of some nations it trails in education.
California has a GDP above most of the nations of the world including your mother Russia

From Leftard CBS:

California has a GDP above most of the nations of the world including your mother Russia
What’s that have to do with what I posted?

Public education strikes again.

From Leftard CBS:

Deflecting again? In California, how many languages are spoken in their school system? Ever tried to learn any type of math, or science if you don't understand English?

From Leftard CBS:

Deflecting again? In California, how many languages are spoken in their school system? Ever tried to learn any type of math, or science if you don't understand English?
How many languages?

And how many of those are linked to California’s sanctuary magnet?

I’ll wait here.

[
From Leftard CBS:

How many languages?

I’ll wait here.

If Spanish was the only one, do you think there would be that much trouble? Research for yourself. I know you don't want to be shown as the moron you are, but give it a shot! You will feel better about yourself for having learned the truth.

I once taught in a middle school that had a number of Burmese refugees. Catholic Charities brought them to our city and dumped them, with no one, and I do mean literally no one could speak their language and English to even serve as a translator. The kids came to class empty handed and sat quietly all day, not knowing what the hell was going on. All they knew was at least they were not dead. We had to practically take them by the hand to show them where their next class was located. They participated in their own education like a potted plant.

[
From Leftard CBS:

How many languages?

I’ll wait here.

If Spanish was the only one, do you think there would be that much trouble? Research for yourself. I know you don't want to be shown as the moron you are, but give it a shot! You will feel better about yourself for having learned the truth.

I once taught in a middle school that had a number of Burmese refugees. Catholic Charities brought them to out city and dumped them, with no one, and I do mean literally no one could speak their language and English to even serve as a translator. The kids came to class empty handed and sat quietly all day, not knowing what the hell was going on. All they knew was t least they were not dead. We had to practically take them by the hand to show them where their next class was located. They participated in their own education like a potted plant.
I’m still waiting to hear about all the languages and how many of each.

[

How many languages?

I’ll wait here.

I once taught in a middle school that had a number of Burmese refugees. Catholic Charities brought them to out city and dumped them, with no one, and I do mean literally no one could speak their language and English to even serve as a translator. The kids came to class empty handed and sat quietly all day, not knowing what the hell was going on. All they knew was t least they were not dead. We had to practically take them by the hand to show them where their next class was located. They participated in their own education like a potted plant.

Google is your friend. If I do all the work for you, no learning will take place. Here's you chance to prove you are not a moron!

[

How many languages?

I’ll wait here.

Google is your friend. If I do all the work for you, no learning will take place. Here's you chance to prove you are not a moron!
So you bullshitted.
How’d I know that?

[
How many languages?

I’ll wait here.

So you bullshitted.
How’d I know that?

I didn't bullshit anyone. No one wins when you have bested a fool!

You are just too lazy to learn, which is why you remain a dumbass!

"In all, 92 languages other than English are spoken in LAUSD schools. The District has 161,484 English language learner students"

https://laraec.net/los-angeles-unified-school-district/

sb_unknownAnnotation.svg

I will await your apology, but I won't hold my breath, because a dumbass like you will try to deflect and ignore the fact that once again, you are wrong!

[
How many languages?

I’ll wait here.

So you bullshitted.
How’d I know that?

"In all, 92 languages other than English are spoken in LAUSD schools. The District has 161,484 English language learner students"
Los Angeles Unified School District – LARAEC
sb_unknownAnnotation.svg

I will await your apology, but I won't hold my breath, because a dumbass like you will try to deflect and ignore the fact that once again, you are wrong!
Sanctuary city.

My point made.

If you want to talk about LAUSD let’s talk about their graduation rate.

74%.

AFTER THEY ELIMINATED EXIT EXAMS!

:itsok:

LAUSD graduation rates rise after exit exam is eliminated

[
How many languages?

I’ll wait here.

So you bullshitted.
How’d I know that?

sb_unknownAnnotation.svg

Money quote on LAUSD eliminating the exit exam:

LAUSD officials took credit for the improvement in the graduation rates.

“These results reflect the efforts by our teachers, administrators and staff to prepare our graduates for college and careers,” said Superintendent Ramon Cortines.

[

So you bullshitted.
How’d I know that?

sb_unknownAnnotation.svg

Sanctuary city.

My point made.

If you want to talk about LAUSD let’s talk about their graduation rate.

74%.

AFTER THEY ELIMINATED EXIT EXAMS!

:itsok:

LAUSD graduation rates rise after exit exam is eliminated

As predicted, you deflected. You don't know that those are not children of LEGAL immigrants, do you? Those Burmese refugees I mentioned in my school were LEGAL immigrants.

You are such a dumbass, that no matter what I say, you continue to deflect and ignore any facts. Why can't you admit that you don't know shit about the topic and then STFU?

From Leftard CBS:

Kids do it every day

From Leftard CBS:

Kids do it every day

No, they do not do it every day! You are so full of shit, your eyes are brown.

Test results and graduation rates tell us that your are lying.

I had numerous students with moderate English skills that still could not pass the required high school competency tests simply because they did not have the ability to read and understand the word problems without additional help like we provided in the classroom. They received a certificate of completion vice a high school diploma.

From Leftard CBS:

Kids do it every day

No, they do not do it every day! ....

Oh, yes they do. I see it every day because I teach them every day. You sound as ignorant as weatherdouche.

Kids do it every day

No, they do not do it every day! ....

Oh, yes they do. I see it every day because I teach them every day. You sound as ignorant as weatherdouche.

I am sorry that you are such a dumbass to think your experience transcends the rest of this nation. I suffered through Florida's excuse for ESOL training. None of their silly ideas would work if the kid did not speak a word of English. For a kid entering kindergarten, it might have worked. Beyond that level, it was useless.

I once had a student that came into my math class within days of moving to the US from the Ukraine. Give him any equation to solve and he could do it faster than any of my other students. Put a word problem in front of him, and he would not know whether to shit or go blind!

..... I suffered through Florida's excuse for ESOL training. None of their silly ideas would work if the kid did not speak a word of English......

Don't blame me for Florider's shortcomings. MA leads the nation in education. The population in question are the kids I work with every single day. It's even harder than you think, but it can be and is done. Some of these kids, a lot of these kids, are just amazing.

I once had a student that came into my math class within days of moving to the US from the Ukraine. Give him any equation to solve and he could do it faster than any of my other students. Put a word problem in front of him, and he would not know whether to shit or go blind!

That student almost certainly knew more English than you gave him credit for. YOU were just unequipped to recognize the real extent of his acquisition of English. Not his failure, but yours. Maybe you need more SEI training.

True story: I had a homeschooling family come in a few years ago. Many of the children could not read. Upper elementary. I mean to tell you could not read at all, to the point of not even knowing some of their letter sounds. In fifth grade.

It's not a magic wand. Say, why don't you tell us all about your dream school and how great it's gonna be?

From Leftard CBS:

Cherry picking the successes while ignoring those who receive a woefully inadequate education and never apply to college

I have told homeschoolers for a few years now those gains they "enjoyed" are about to be seriously eroded. Abusers have figured out they can hide their abuse in "homeschooling", for one thing. For another, the proliferation of "online schools", which is basically homeschooling.

True to form, homeschoolers are in total denial about it.

Forum List

Back