Nearly 40% Of Graduating College Seniors Feel Unprepared For A Career

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
2019-05-09_8-32-37.jpg

They get hyped all through high school of the great benefits of going to college. They’ll get rich, be rolling in dough.

And then they get there.

2019-05-09_8-34-38.jpg

What a college student does with their career really does play an impact on their student loan debt,” he said. “They go to college and they graduate with the average of $30,000 in student loan debt and they can’t land a job, or a good-paying job, then they are going to be stuck with that student loan debt and it’s only going to get worse and it’s going to impact how they handle their life after graduation.”

Meanwhile, there are millions on hands-on craftsman jobs out there begging for applicants. Good jobs with benefits. And the benefit of seeing what your hands have created.

More
@ Edu-geddon: Nearly 40% Of Graduating College Seniors Feel Unprepared For A Career

2019-05-09_8-32-37.jpg

They get hyped all through high school of the great benefits of going to college. They’ll get rich, be rolling in dough.

And then they get there.

2019-05-09_8-34-38.jpg

What a college student does with their career really does play an impact on their student loan debt,” he said. “They go to college and they graduate with the average of $30,000 in student loan debt and they can’t land a job, or a good-paying job, then they are going to be stuck with that student loan debt and it’s only going to get worse and it’s going to impact how they handle their life after graduation.”

Meanwhile, there are millions on hands-on craftsman jobs out there begging for applicants. Good jobs with benefits. And the benefit of seeing what your hands have created.

More
@ Edu-geddon: Nearly 40% Of Graduating College Seniors Feel Unprepared For A Career

I curious to see if there is a breakdown by what degree they got.

I would think Engineering, accounting, and other more rigorous majors would produce graduates with more of a work future outlook as compared to say trans-lesbian pygmy basket weaving studies.

My perspective is a bit different.
Living in a White Collar community, my friends have prepared their kids for a combination of hard science and business degrees.

2019-05-09_8-32-37.jpg

And then they get there.

2019-05-09_8-34-38.jpg

More

I would think Engineering, accounting, and other more rigorous majors would produce graduates with more of a work future outlook as compared to say trans-lesbian pygmy basket weaving studies.

Degrees in medical fields, engineering, teaching, business prepare students for specific fields of work

Liberal Arts teach more language, writing, critical thinking which are valuable skills but harder to apply to a specific occupation

really a young kid could learn to become an electrician go work for someone learn the trade and start his own biz.
oh yuccky but his hands may get dirty

and are degrees from most schools these days worth the paper theyre printed on ?

Stephanie Hamill on Twitter
:20:

2019-05-09_8-32-37.jpg

And then they get there.

2019-05-09_8-34-38.jpg

More

Degrees in medical fields, engineering, teaching, business prepare students for specific fields of work

Liberal Arts teach more language, writing, critical thinking which are valuable skills but harder to apply to a specific occupation
Vote Democrat and become a teacher.

2019-05-09_8-32-37.jpg

And then they get there.

2019-05-09_8-34-38.jpg

More

Who would want to learn anything from a Republican?

2019-05-09_8-32-37.jpg

And then they get there.

2019-05-09_8-34-38.jpg

More

A generic liberal arts degree fits into your criteria. However some of these degrees really only lead to higher degrees in the same subject, and eventually an academic position in that subject. A broad Lib Arts education does teach you valuable thinking skills, but the problem is they have become far too specialized, and are more designed to perpetuate themselves than prepare a person for a field of employment.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong, with trans-lesbian pygmy basket-weaving, the issue is how many positions are availible for someone with said degree, compared to a more broadly based academic background/education?

Old school liberal arts education was about expanding your mind, the current metric is about focus on some obscure subset of a subset of a grouping of a theory/viewpoint/identity group.

And Engineers find plenty of opportunity in other fields. Employers like to hire people who have been trained to find solutions to problems, and usually by nature are adaptable to various technical requirements.

2019-05-09_8-32-37.jpg

And then they get there.

2019-05-09_8-34-38.jpg

More

Me.
There are positive and negative attributes in all people.
It’s a matter of tapping into them.

really a young kid could learn to become an electrician go work for someone learn the trade and start his own biz.
oh yuccky but his hands may get dirty

and are degrees from most schools these days worth the paper theyre printed on ?

Stephanie Hamill on Twitter
:20:

It depends on how many illegals are allowed in to take jobs away from electricians, plumbers and carpenters.

How many?

How does an illegal get a license?

2019-05-09_8-32-37.jpg

And then they get there.

2019-05-09_8-34-38.jpg

More

Me.

Republicans teach that Evolution and Climate change is a myth

Me.

Which has what to do with running an economy and maintaining an infrastructure?

Me.

One right, one wrong! At least they bat .500. Libtards rarely get above "ofer".

When you train young people to kill the unborn, you can expect a little confusion and misery when they wake up to facing life on graduation day.

Me.

Why don’t you explain to students that Climate Change doesn’t occur because it still snows in the winter?

When you train young people to kill the unborn, you can expect a little confusion and misery when they wake up to facing life on graduation day.
I missed that class

Abortion 101?

Me.

Why don’t you explain to students that Climate Change doesn’t occur because it still snows in the winter?
Are you referring to students in China and India?

Me.

Are you referring to students in China and India?
Both China and India understand the concept of Climate Change

Conservatives do not

Forum List

Back