Tell me about native American civilizations within North America

Evidence has recently come to light that suggests that peoples of European decent were roaming N. America long before mongoloid peoples crossed the Bering land bridge. It's thought that gatherers hunting wholly mammoths tracked their quarry across the Atlantic ice shelf and eventually settled in N. America. Though evidnce suggests that they were driven out by the mongoloids, who enjoyed superiour numbers.

Kennewick Man - Wikipedia

In any event, the pacification of native Americans was just another example of history repeating itself. Not entirely sure why the European settlers are always painted as the bad guys, seeing as exactly the same thing was happening - and had happened, for thousands of years - the world over.

Kennewick is on the Pacific coast. I agree that there probably were people here from various Continents at different times in history and even at the same time in history.

The word "indian" isn't a native American word. It's a white man's word.

So is Native American, and it is not true. We have been called Indians for so long that it is just easier to accept it.

The correct description that American Indians accept is "American Indian", not just indian. If you were a true American Indian you would know this.

NDN. How's that?

Indians don't call themselves "American Indians" I promise you. They are Indian, or people, or whatever their tribal name is. They use the vernacular. White liberal pansies tried to force the whole "Native American" PC crap, but Indians couldn't stop calling themselves Indian, it's what they had always called themselves. Then there was primitive peoples, and they didn't like that, either. Likewise Indeginous Populations...or Native American...they don't know for sure if they are indigenous or not, nor do they know if they're native to the continent.

If there's a question, use American Indian...but amongst themselves, among people who won't confuse them with eastern Indians, they're just Indian.

Some refer to each other and themselves as Native but you'll get whites who object to that, too.

Last edited:
Evidence has recently come to light that suggests that peoples of European decent were roaming N. America long before mongoloid peoples crossed the Bering land bridge. It's thought that gatherers hunting wholly mammoths tracked their quarry across the Atlantic ice shelf and eventually settled in N. America. Though evidnce suggests that they were driven out by the mongoloids, who enjoyed superiour numbers.

In any event, the pacification of native Americans was just another example of history repeating itself. Not entirely sure why the European settlers are always painted as the bad guys, seeing as exactly the same thing was happening - and had happened, for thousands of years - the world over.

Kennewick is on the Pacific coast. I agree that there probably were people here from various Continents at different times in history and even at the same time in history.

Kennewick is in southeastern Washington....it's not on the coast.

Kennewick is in southeastern Washington....it's not on the coast.

That's correct , it's approximately 300+/- miles from the Pacific coast.

So..it's not on the pacific coast.

Thank you. I know where it is..I live on the Pacific coast, and I used to live in Eastern Oregon, and shop in Kennewick.

Maybe they were, but it's onl ybecause they were inferior fighters.

You have no idea the education I have, if you did then you would feel pretty stupid.

I know a lot of people with education who are not necessarily smart, it just means that they can be trained. And my post graduate studies were in education. Nothing about you could make me feel stupid. Your stupid comments do not show much intelligence, but perhaps it is just your hatred clouding your brain.
inferior fighters eh,well tell that to Custer and that other guy who got wiped out by Red Cloud.

Custer died because he made a mistake; not because Indians were good fighters. You see, the Indians were so pitifull at fighting, that he assumed he could take on 2000 of them with just a couple hundred men. By the way, the casualty numbers for both sides was very close, despite the fact that the Indians outnumbered them 10 to 1.

The Indians were awful fighters.

Last edited:
i know a lot of people with education who are not necessarily smart, it just means that they can be trained. And my post graduate studies were in education. Nothing about you could make me feel stupid. Your stupid comments do not show much intelligence, but perhaps it is just your hatred clouding your brain.
inferior fighters eh,well tell that to custer and that other guy who got wiped out by red cloud.

custer died because he made a mistake; not because indians were good fighters. You see, the indians were so pitifull at fighting, that he assumed he could take on 2000 of them with just a couple hundred men. By the way, the casualty numbers for both sides was very close, despite the fact that the indians outnumbered them 10 to 1.

The indians were awful fighters.

speaking of pitiful...howz it goin goatboy

Last edited:
So is Native American, and it is not true. We have been called Indians for so long that it is just easier to accept it.

The correct description that American Indians accept is "American Indian", not just indian. If you were a true American Indian you would know this.

NDN. How's that?

Indians don't call themselves "American Indians" I promise you. They are Indian, or people, or whatever their tribal name is. They use the vernacular. White liberal pansies tried to force the whole "Native American" PC crap, but Indians couldn't stop calling themselves Indian, it's what they had always called themselves. Then there was primitive peoples, and they didn't like that, either. Likewise Indeginous Populations...or Native American...they don't know for sure if they are indigenous or not, nor do they know if they're native to the continent.

If there's a question, use American Indian...but amongst themselves, among people who won't confuse them with eastern Indians, they're just Indian.

Some refer to each other and themselves as Native but you'll get whites who object to that, too.

If you knew about his high level of edumacation you'd feel stupid.

:rofl:

Tell me about Native American civilizations within North America. I want to understand if there was any and how advance was it.

What did it bring to the world?

This is for the area that is the current United states. I'm bias on this issue, so I'm asking you to help me.

I'll tell ya about the Eskimos and why they still live on ice. This is first hand from an Eskimo gal I knew for a bit. The Eskimos tried to migrate South West of the mountains through what is now Alaska and British Colombia but they ran into The McCaw(Ravens) tribe On Vancouver Island and North Western Washington. The McCaws were bad asses and raided all the local tribes. Anyway they killed most of the Eskimos and chased em North right back where they came from and where they remain to this day. That is why they live on ice. If is wasn't for the McCaws there would be no Eskimos.

Much of the slaughter occured on the island I grew up on. Massacre Bay and Skull Island was my front yard.

U.S. Army massacres Indians at Wounded Knee — History.com This Day in History — 12/29/1890

The native population of America was hounded, raped and murdered into submission .

Throughout 1890, the U.S. government worried about the increasing influence at Pine Ridge of the Ghost Dance spiritual movement, which taught that Indians had been defeated and confined to reservations because they had angered the gods by abandoning their traditional customs. Many Sioux believed that if they practiced the Ghost Dance and rejected the ways of the white man, the gods would create the world anew and destroy all non-believers, including non-Indians. On December 15, 1890, reservation police tried to arrest Sitting Bull, the famous Sioux chief, who they mistakenly believed was a Ghost Dancer, and killed him in the process, increasing the tensions at Pine Ridge.

On December 29, the U.S. Army's 7th cavalry surrounded a band of Ghost Dancers under the Sioux Chief Big Foot near Wounded Knee Creek and demanded they surrender their weapons. As that was happening, a fight broke out between an Indian and a U.S. soldier and a shot was fired, although it's unclear from which side. A brutal massacre followed, in which it's estimated almost 150 Indians were killed (some historians put this number at twice as high), nearly half of them women and children. The cavalry lost 25 men.

So much for freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom to carry arms.
Fine as long as you don't want to engage in your own religion or speak about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a lot of people with education who are not necessarily smart, it just means that they can be trained. And my post graduate studies were in education. Nothing about you could make me feel stupid. Your stupid comments do not show much intelligence, but perhaps it is just your hatred clouding your brain.
inferior fighters eh,well tell that to Custer and that other guy who got wiped out by Red Cloud.

Custer died because he made a mistake; not because Indians were good fighters. You see, the Indians were so pitifull at fighting, that he assumed he could take on 2000 of them with just a couple hundred men. By the way, the casualty numbers for both sides was very close, despite the fact that the Indians outnumbered them 10 to 1.

The Indians were awful fighters.

Indians are aweful fighters? Where did you get this information from?

Disease accounted for most of the Indian deaths across the continent. If it wasn't for disease and lack of advanced weaponry on their part, we'd probably still be fighting them.

Disease accounted for most of the Indian deaths across the continent. If it wasn't for disease and lack of advanced weaponry on their part, we'd probably still be fighting them.

Would you prefer I didn't mention it was disease brought in by the invaders?
Given they were the population of America before the white man invaded, would that fighting be just?

If there was real justice in the US, they would be given back the land and all the descendants of the illegal immigrants, deported.

When Spanish explorers reached what is now New Mexico, they discovered ruins of one of the most advanced Native-American civilisations in North America and there was the largest building ever constructed in North America before the Industrial Revolution, built by an ancient people called the Anasazi who were the ancestors of the modern Pueblo Indians.

Chaco Research Archive

The Spritis of Chaco Canyon - YouTube

What happened to the Anasazi? Do you know? It would be surprising if you did, because no one does. They disappeared long before any European came here. It is speculated that they were wiped out by other tribes.

Tell me about Native American civilizations within North America. I want to understand if there was any and how advance was it.

What did it bring to the world?

This is for the area that is the current United states. I'm bias on this issue, so I'm asking you to help me.

Taught the white man how to fight like them, instead of marching in lines like chess pieces.

The Wind Talkers were invaluable in World War 2.

Just 2 I could think of off the top of my head.

Forum List

Back