Televise All School Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was dropped off at Northington Elementary at 7:30 every school day, starting in 1966. No, not new.
My kids went to school in the 1980s - 9am to 3pm. Probably is different in different cities and states.

I call bullshit. Unless you can show any schedule, it will just be left as bullshit.

And between my own school time in Tuscaloosa from 1966 to 1978, my oldest kid's school schedule from 1988 to 2006, and my step-daughter's schedule in Decatur GA, all have started by 8am, with doors opening at 7:30am or earlier.

How in the hell do you know what the federal gov't is prepared to fund? They haven't been prepared to fund other programs for schools.

You are just talking out your ass now.
How in hell do you NOT KNOW ?.....when I explained it to you multiple times, using specific numbers, and even links to Pew Research Center (remittances), + information about illegal aliens$$$$ that is commonly known, and in the news every day. Both right & left wing outlets.

What's the matter ? You coming down with Joe Biden disease ?

Post #437
"That is doubtful, due to the large number of parents over the whole country, who are up in arms, due to what they saw on their kids' computers. And remember that those parents are probably a fraction of the total, because for every one of them that goes to a school board hearing, there are probably many more who are upset too, but they don't speak out.

I'm going to look into the quantity aspect, and see what data there is, but by the response showing so far, it is like to be big (and all over).

Another thing to consider is that it's common to find schools that are teaching CRT, and not admitting it. If asked, they deny and hide it."

That is not evidence. That is pure supposition and paranoia.
That is not evidence to a liberal who lives and dies by links to liberal media, think tanks, universities. To normal people, it is the best evidence there is. Especially when even the leftist news is reporting it, as is hundreds of videos viral on you tube. You've seen them.

How in the hell do you know what the federal gov't is prepared to fund? They haven't been prepared to fund other programs for schools.

You are just talking out your ass now.
How in hell do you NOT KNOW ?.....when I explained it to you multiple times, using specific numbers, and even links to Pew Research Center (remittances), + information about illegal aliens$$$$ that is commonly known, and in the news every day. Both right & left wing outlets.

What's the matter ? You coming down with Joe Biden disease ?

You have not shown that the federal gov't is prepared to fund videoing classrooms and allowing access to the video from outside.

Post #437
"That is doubtful, due to the large number of parents over the whole country, who are up in arms, due to what they saw on their kids' computers. And remember that those parents are probably a fraction of the total, because for every one of them that goes to a school board hearing, there are probably many more who are upset too, but they don't speak out.

I'm going to look into the quantity aspect, and see what data there is, but by the response showing so far, it is like to be big (and all over).

Another thing to consider is that it's common to find schools that are teaching CRT, and not admitting it. If asked, they deny and hide it."

That is not evidence. That is pure supposition and paranoia.
That is not evidence to a liberal who lives and dies by links to liberal media, think tanks, universities. To normal people, it is the best evidence there is. Especially when even the leftist news is reporting it, as is hundreds of videos viral on you tube. You've seen them.

If you call that "evidence", then you are indeed an idiot.

Who in the hell told you they only work 6 hours a day?

Allow me to educate you on the reality of a teacher's day. I Get Paid for 180 Days of Work Each Year, but I Actually Work More Than 250

And schools usually have students arriving at 7:30am. You think teachers don't get to work until 9am? You really are an idiot. And when do they grade work? When do they plan the curriculum? You are clueless.
I have always known classes to go from 9 AM to 3 PM as mine were when I was a kid, and my kids classes too. And teachers grade work, while students are taking tests, drawing or painting in art classes, and in many schools, tests are graded by teachers' aides, not by them.

And yes, 9 months a year.
In my school
Teachers are there from 7:00am to 3:00pm, and often much later

No “Aide” has ever corrected a test I have given. Ever

You keep getting clowned but you keep clawing back with more ridiculous claims.

I call bullshit. Unless you can show any schedule, it will just be left as bullshit.

And between my own school time in Tuscaloosa from 1966 to 1978, my oldest kid's school schedule from 1988 to 2006, and my step-daughter's schedule in Decatur GA, all have started by 8am, with doors opening at 7:30am or earlier.
You "call" do you ? Oh, so we are all obligated to adjust to YOUR experience, in YOUR town, during YOUR time frame, right Mr. Egocentrist ? ("my......"my"......"my"......)

And I DID show a schedule 9am - 3pm Monday - Friday (just like you did) - now go wash your mouth out with soap, and come back and report to me. :biggrin:

You "call" do you ? Oh, so we are all obligated to adjust to YOUR experience, in YOUR town, during YOUR time frame, right Mr. Egocentrist ? ("my......"my"......"my"......)

And I DID show a schedule 9am - 3pm Monday - Friday (just like you did) - now go wash your mouth out with soap, and come back and report to me. :biggrin:

Here is a link that lists start times for schools. The latest on the charts is 8:08am. That is factual data from the National Center for Educational Statistics.

Yet another example of you just making up your "facts" as you go along and refusing to acknowledge your error/lies.

Did you even look at the link I provided (you know, actual evidence) showing the hours teachers work?
I don't doubt what you said, but there's no reason to call what I said "bullshit" Did you assume every school in America has the same hours ? You thimk becaus you had those hours, everybody else has to have them too. Am I talking to a complete idiot ?

I don't know how many people there are in USMB, but there's probably a sizable number who went to school, or had kids who went to schools with the hours 9am to 3pm. Maybe some will note that. And we are going off topic.

Here is a link that lists start times for schools. The latest on the charts is 8:08am. That is factual data from the National Center for Educational Statistics.

Yet another example of you just making up your "facts" as you go along and refusing to acknowledge your error/lies.
So you DO think that all schools in America have the same hours ? LOL. You think that ? It looks like you do.

And I did NOT make up anything. Again, my school hours were 9 am to 3pm (in New York City public schools), and my kids' hour were the same. Now you should apologize for calling me a liar.

So you DO think that all schools in America have the same hours ? LOL. You think that ? It looks like you do.

And I did NOT make up anything. Again, my school hours were 9 am to 3pm (in New York City public schools), and my kids' hour were the same. Now you should apologize for calling me a liar.

I will apologize after you apologize for your inaccurate remarks about the hours teachers work. Even if the schools were open from 9am to 3pm, do you actually think that is the only time teachers work? When school lets out at 3pm, do you think teachers just walk out with the students?

In my school
Teachers are there from 7:00am to 3:00pm, and often much later

No “Aide” has ever corrected a test I have given. Ever

You keep getting clowned but you keep clawing back with more ridiculous claims.
YOUR school. YOUR this. YOUR that. Dude, I don't give a rat's ass what YOUR school did, or how they did it. None of that proves anything, or changes anything about what MY school did.

As for correcting tests, I once had a job doing that, as did dozens of other people, none of whom was even employed by the school, but we were all just independent from it.

I'm not getting clowned one iota. You're just are too absolutely stupid to think this thing out, and like Winterborn, you seem to think that the whole country revolves around you, and your school, and what you do.

Last edited:
it is the part that you want video of, not what numbnuts claimed was the extent of their actual working day? OK.
I dont care about the private political bias of the teacher is as long as it remains private

If I can spot them as a flaming leftist in the classroom thats where my objection begins

My favorite journalist in living memory is Brian Lamb who created CSPAN and hosted the Wasongton Journal for many years

He presented all sides of a topic and no one could say what his personal views were

The OP never suggested how we PAY for your pipedream of cameras in the classroom.
:puhleeze:I did suggest it 2 days ago, and this is the 3rd time I'm telling you, Mr Dense. :rolleyes:

Yes, by taking money from programs that should never have been funded to begin with.

But will the federal gov't be prepared to fund it? Or will it fall to the individual school districts, as most school funding does?
I prefer that local school districts pay for it

I will apologize after you apologize for your inaccurate remarks about the hours teachers work. Even if the schools were open from 9am to 3pm, do you actually think that is the only time teachers work? When school lets out at 3pm, do you think teachers just walk out with the students?
First you say that I should apologize for what you call "inaccurate remarks about the hours teachers work."

Then you say "Even if the schools were open from 9am to 3pm," thereby conceding that to be possible.

When you concede it to be possible, then you have eradicated your claim that I should apologize for what you call "inaccurate remarks."

As for when teachers work, I was a teacher at the City University of New York, CCNY for 2 years (4 semesters), and I worked less than 6 hours a day. I taught 3 or 4 micreconomics classes depending on the day & schedule. Just like when I worked in later years grading papers, we had aides grading papers for us, in some departments.

Things VARY from state to state, city to city, borough to borough, school to school, department to department. No charge for the tutoring.

Please state that post #

"New York, like most states, requires public schools remain open for 180 days a year. A day at the elementary level is counted as at least five hours of instruction. At the middle and high school level, it's five and a half hours of instruction."

School Hours York County School Division - School Hours

SchoolStart TimesDismissalEarly Dismissal
Elementary School *(E)​
8:40 a.m.3:20 p.m.12:45 p.m.
Elementary School *(L)​
8:55 a.m.3:35 p.m.1:00 p.m.
Queens Lake Middle & Tabb Middle​
8:00 a.m.2:45 p.m.12:00 p.m.
Grafton Middle & Yorktown Middle​
8:05 a.m.2:50 p.m.12:05 p.m.
High Schools​
7:20 a.m.2:05 p.m.11:20 a.m.