Teenager won't apologize to Kansas governor for tweet

I think it's brilliant that she tweeted her thoughts. For too long politicians have made younger generations so cynical about politics, that they are disingaged. Glad to see somebody so young is interested enough to offer an opinion...

Republicans stifling free speech again? That is chilling. I agree w/ the parent:
“If she wants to tweet her opinion about Gov. Brownback, I say for her to go for it and I stand totally behind her.”

Read more: Teen tweeter won't apologize to Sam Brownback - Associated Press - POLITICO.com
What Republican is stifling her speech?

The school is telling her to apologize. Is the principal Republican? I didn't see any mention of the principal's party affiliation in the piece.

I'm sorry the principal sucks.
Is that a good enough apology?

I'm guessing this is just more feighned outrage over another non-story. Seriously people,we have real problems in this country. Why give a shit about Twitter dunces? Come on,think about it.
Twitter=Senseless Twaddle.

You sound like an old man in the 70's trying to explain one of those new fangled vcr contraptions.

I'm guessing this is just more feighned outrage over another non-story. Seriously people,we have real problems in this country. Why give a shit about Twitter dunces? Come on,think about it.

You sound like an old man in the 70's trying to explain one of those new fangled vcr contraptions.

I thought it more as an explanation of our continued drive to become drama queens as a society.

People really care about this? So obsessed with what a little dummy on Twitter is ranting about? Here's some advice...Stay off Twitter & Facebook. The more you stay on them,the more dumbed-down you become. Seriously,why care about what anyone says on Twitter?
Yep. People are free to speak...and show thier idiocy...we have larger problems than some school girl bimbette tweeting thoughts about a sitting governor.

Millions of idiots on Twitter. I just don't get why anyone would care about what this little twit has to say. She is free to say what she wants but that doesn't mean she's not a dummy. Is this what our nation has become? Freaking out over what idiots on Twitter say? Man,we do have real problems. Yikes!

Its not about her tweet. Its about an elected official going after her because of her "dummy" tweet.

Its shows his character or lack there of. Believe me, this is blowing up in his face because he tattled on a high school girl.

Good for her. I hope this guy does not get elected next time as well. ( I looked into his politicies. No wonder she fells this way about him.) He does suck.

I thought it more as an explanation of our continued drive to become drama queens as a society.

If you think her tweeting to 60 of her friends makes her a drama queen. Then you have to be a right winger here. You have to be.

CreationismKansasFlat.gif

Twitter is nothing but people yapping about nonsense just like those reality shows. Can you honestly say that you care whether or not kim cardassian wore a lemon yellow cream puff dress to her fake wedding versus blue shuffon with a burgundy flora arrangement?

Here is the link to the student code of conduct for the MO Youth in Government Plan including the disciplinary procedures. The organization has standards to uphold and the students are representing their schools. I guess this young lady and her mom didn't read what they signed.

http://www.moyig.org/forms/Participation Agreement-Student.pdf

An apology could have been written to explain what she meant by "he blows", but that would have taken too much time away from her tweeting.

If she insulted the president or even any other adult while in this program, she should be asked to apologize. Sheez.

This is why schools can no longer deal with discipline. Apology letters are considered cruel and unusual treatment, and even subject to a lawsuit. Students are permitted to say or do anything they want without consequence. Moral relativism rules.

Forum List

Back