Teen Jailed for months for sarcasm

The young man should have had better common sense, but he is only 19 years old and adults are really screwed up any more. People need to relax a little and knock this over hyper sensitivity crap off. I'm not saying just let everything go, I'm saying investigate, get the chat from the MMO, then ask some questions. Not put some kid in jail and ruin this kids life.

Seriously, if people think that's bad, they should sit in "General" chat in any major city in WoW. That place is off the hook with sexism, racism, threats, bullying and on and on. Oh, and stay away from the "Moon Gaurd" realm which is an RP server. RP means "Role Playing" and it's disgusting the stuff that goes on there, it'll make a whore and sailor blush. And it's all out in the open.

People in this country are taking things way to far.

People have asked for legislation for everything. Now they are reaping what they have sewed.

It is truly scary.

Talking about death in a sarcastic way is now prohibited, no joksters allowed

They are now coming after our kids.

We are NOT free

The young man should have had better common sense, but he is only 19 years old and adults are really screwed up any more. People need to relax a little and knock this over hyper sensitivity crap off. I'm not saying just let everything go, I'm saying investigate, get the chat from the MMO, then ask some questions. Not put some kid in jail and ruin this kids life.

Seriously, if people think that's bad, they should sit in "General" chat in any major city in WoW. That place is off the hook with sexism, racism, threats, bullying and on and on. Oh, and stay away from the "Moon Gaurd" realm which is an RP server. RP means "Role Playing" and it's disgusting the stuff that goes on there, it'll make a whore and sailor blush. And it's all out in the open.

People in this country are taking things way to far.

As a long time MMO player, including WoW, I can verify Scotsman's words here. There's all kinds of vile crap that gets spewed in the general chat of these kinds of games.

I do wonder, though, how the mother got the address of the 19 year old in this instance? These games, in my experience, are pretty anonymous. That's actually probably a big reason people are comfortable spouting off the ridiculous things they do (hey, that sounds a lot like USMB! :lol:). Was this a very tech-savvy mother who traced an IP? Did the 19 year old make his address public in the game?

The article sounds terrible, but I would like to hear another perspective on the events than the family's, in case they aren't being completely honest.

Forum List

Back