Teen fan tasered by Phillies security after running onto field

I look at this as just a starting point. I'd like the tasering to be extended to:

- The guy screaming F-Bombs at the top of his lungs in front of your 5 year old child

- The guy who cusses you out and throws beer at you because you are rooting for the wrong team

- The guy urinating in the parking lot

At coors field, they will kick you out for cursing. I'm OK with it, its a civil environment and many people come in with opposing team jerseys with no incidents, but it does make for less fun chants than at NY stadiums

Yeah the kid broke the rules, but, it's a kid. Until they make tasers safer ( not having some people go into cardiac arrest ) I think they should be reserved for use when someone is presenting a danger to others. This was overkill.

Same could happen being tackled and roughed up by security. Don/t want to get hurt, don't break the rules. That simple, he learned his lesson

Are there people calling it inappropriate? He's lucky worse didn't happen to him, I've seen some players absolutely deck fans that run on the field or the court. Dad didn't even tell him no, no wonder why the moron did it. The hell with anybody who breaks laws and puts players, umps and security in dangerous position.

I'm just not convinced THIS kid was a danger to anyone. Five minutes of jollies running around the bases and done. As I said, my opinion is that violence is only appropriate as a last resort, not first flinch.

I think a seriously hefty fine would also make potential offenders think twice.

Doesn't matter, there are people that have attacked players. ANd worse has happen to people running on the field, so anybody comes on, they are going to take them down as soon as possible. I'm sure he wasn't, but who gives a shit, he broke the rules, continued to run around, paid the consequences. Bet he never does it again

I look at this as just a starting point. I'd like the tasering to be extended to:

- The guy screaming F-Bombs at the top of his lungs in front of your 5 year old child

- The guy who cusses you out and throws beer at you because you are rooting for the wrong team

- The guy urinating in the parking lot

At coors field, they will kick you out for cursing. I'm OK with it, its a civil environment and many people come in with opposing team jerseys with no incidents, but it does make for less fun chants than at NY stadiums

I'd like to see that in NY. You are paying $100+ to see a game, if one or two get kicked out for profanity...the rest will get the word

But in NY and Philly...they expect it out of their fans

Same could happen being tackled and roughed up by security. Don/t want to get hurt, don't break the rules. That simple, he learned his lesson
Being tackled by a 250 lbs security guard is not safe.

Football players have massive pads, yet get life-changing injuries regularly.

The kid is more than likely is an Obammunist, so I agree with Right Winger, a tazing was probably the least we could do for him.

I am kidding, and the Obammunist Right Winger is not.

Neocommunists are worse than neocons.

tasers were meant to be replacements for guns, not fat ass cops who are too slow to catch someone. what would people think if the cop shot the kid? thats the question that should be asked

+1

Tasers are great as a substitute for DEADLY force. Since this kid didn't need to be shot dead I see no reason to use a taser. That fat pussy cop should have just tackled him like a real man instead of using something that could kill the kid.

And when the fat cop lands on the poor kid and breaks him arm or separates the kid's shoulder, then you'd be here on the board criticizing the cop for breaking the kid's arm. Tazers are the fastest and most efficient means to get idiots like this away from where they shouldn't be in the first place. To the cop that tasered him,

:clap2:

actually the fat, hack Democrat cop would end up skinning his shin, and going on disability and a pension for the rest of his life at taxpayer expense.

He's probably already been to the doctor, and on light duty because he had to run. Stay tuned.....

;)

Moral of the story: DON'T RUN ONTO THE FIELD.

Had he been in Arlington or Houston, the security guards would have lassoed him from horseback.

Had he been in Phoenix, he would have been tasered and then asked for his papers.

BRING BACK THE BILLY CLUB!

Tis much more entertaining watching a cop clean the clock of some moron, then it is watching some moron fall on the ground floppin' like a fish!

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with my daughter who was at the game. The kid called his dad and told him he was going to run on to the field, dad said bad idea, kid did it anyway. It was between innings and they were waiting for the team at bat to get at bat. (hey, I hate baseball, give me a break!). She said they (the kids she was with) thought it was great and were cheering him on. As well they should, they're all 19. lol She said the kid was on the field for a good 30-45 seconds before the cops/security went after him. The kid was too fast and was running all over the place. Guess they couldn't catch him so they tased him. He went down but not out and they helped him off the field. It was dollar hot dog night and she ate three and thoroughly enjoyed her first Phillies game. I still have no problem with any of this. If yer gonna run the field be aware of all the tactics security might take to get you off the field and don't bitch when they use them.

I saw on one of the ESPN news clips that kid actually called his dad during the 7th inning stretch and asked if he thought it would be OK to jump on the field just for the thrill of a once in a lifetime experience. His father said, no son, I don't think that's a very good idea.

If the policy was in place to fine offenders one dollar per each person in attendance I bet dad would have said, hell no son, you do that and you'll be paying that hefty fine!

Would have been a much more effective deterrent IMO.

A day after the Phillies saw their first fan tasered for jumping the field, a copycat interrupted play once again.

Not Again! Another Phillies Fan Rushes the Field | NBC Philadelphia

:eusa_whistle:

tasers were meant to be replacements for guns, not fat ass cops who are too slow to catch someone. what would people think if the cop shot the kid? thats the question that should be asked

+1

Tasers are great as a substitute for DEADLY force. Since this kid didn't need to be shot dead I see no reason to use a taser. That fat pussy cop should have just tackled him like a real man instead of using something that could kill the kid.

Oh please, its not even deadly, except if shot in the chest of someone who already has issues. BUt then again, they could have a heart attack being chased down and tackled, they can get hurt anyway by being tackled. Should they just ask nicely?

YOu run from the cops, you do something like this, you deserve what you get. Can't believe so many people defend these jackasses. dont' want to get tasered, don't do such things

not defending the action, but protesting the cops response. tazers were introduced as a replacement for guns, what would you say if the cop shot the kid?

BRING BACK THE BILLY CLUB!

Tis much more entertaining watching a cop clean the clock of some moron, then it is watching some moron fall on the ground floppin' like a fish!

once again you show why we all are thankful your kind are not in charge. your kind would bring about totalitarianism never before seen

If the policy was in place to fine offenders one dollar per each person in attendance I bet dad would have said, hell no son, you do that and you'll be paying that hefty fine!

Everybody be running on the field during Royals and Pirates games. :lol:

What's funny is that last night another fan ran out onto the field at the phils game :lol:

Forum List

Back