Teen fan tasered by Phillies security after running onto field

The officer acted and his actions were sanctioned by dept. policy and his chief. If he had not acted and the perp had harmed a ballplayer or umpire, everyone would scream he did not do his job.

I saw this on the news last night and thought OMG that is insane to taser a kid over something like that...Ridiculous, unnecessary, barbaric!

Teen fan tasered by Phillies security after running onto field - Big League Stew - MLB Blog - Yahoo! Sports

i can hardly wait to see what the law-and-order bozos have to say about this one and i'm wondering whose comments are going to be more ludicrous; theirs or the snivelized weenies who go nuts every time a cop uses any force

the comment that made most sense was that people run out on the field all the time and nobody ever needed a taser to stop one.

I'd pay extra if they did it every game.

Meanie! :slap:

Teen fan tasered by Phillies security after running onto field - Big League Stew - MLB Blog - Yahoo! Sports

i can hardly wait to see what the law-and-order bozos have to say about this one and i'm wondering whose comments are going to be more ludicrous; theirs or the snivelized weenies who go nuts every time a cop uses any force

the comment that made most sense was that people run out on the field all the time and nobody ever needed a taser to stop one.

Me too... Seventh Inning Tazer....lol

Most Philly fans are assholes at any sporting event... Hope the kid learned that his 15 minutes of fame came at a price...

Don't break the law, and you won't be tased. It is pretty simple.

A meth head's family just recieved $50,000 here, after suing the city. Which is total bullshit, the man who died attacked the police, set a trailer on fire, and had been doing meth for two weeks straight. The Police had every right to tase him, and shouldn't have to pay out a dime.

My daughter was at that game, got some photos of it. The kid decided to break the rules and they tasered him. And? What's the problem? So they tasered him instead of jumping on him. So? Did it not occur to him that that if he broke the rules he'd get in trouble? Stupid is as stupid does.

Me too... Seventh Inning Tazer....lol

Most Philly fans are assholes at any sporting event... Hope the kid learned that his 15 minutes of fame came at a price...

THIS. No matter what sport Philly fans suck. Only Oakland Raider fans come close.

Yeah the kid broke the rules, but, it's a kid. Until they make tasers safer ( not having some people go into cardiac arrest ) I think they should be reserved for use when someone is presenting a danger to others. This was overkill.

Yeah the kid broke the rules, but, it's a kid. Until they make tasers safer ( not having some people go into cardiac arrest ) I think they should be reserved for use when someone is presenting a danger to others. This was overkill.

I agree.

I really think violence should be used as a last resort, not first flinch!

Let the kid run around the park and everyone can point and laugh, run another commercial on the network and get over it already. A seriously hefty fine and/or a seriously hefty community service commitment would be the more proper deterrent, IMO.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

I agree.

Let the kid run around the park and everyone can point and laugh, run another commercial on the network and get over it already. A seriously hefty fine and/or a seriously hefty community service commitment would be the more proper deterrent, IMO.

You are naive and ignorant.

I agree.

I paid for my ticket and he is disrupting the game....Taze him!

Better yet....start throwing baseballs at him

I agree.

You are naive and ignorant.

:rolleyes: Says you.

I agree.

:rolleyes:

I think it's a ridiculous over reaction to resort to such violence and the fact that many people disagree with me doesn't change my mind at all.

Are there people calling it inappropriate? He's lucky worse didn't happen to him, I've seen some players absolutely deck fans that run on the field or the court. Dad didn't even tell him no, no wonder why the moron did it. The hell with anybody who breaks laws and puts players, umps and security in dangerous position.

I agree.

:rolleyes:

I think it's a ridiculous over reaction to resort to such violence and the fact that many people disagree with me doesn't change my mind at all.

Innocent fun by a young boy?

It's too late to save Tom Gamboa's hearing in his right ear.
It won't stop the horrifying incident that still causes nightmares when he was attacked on the field in 2002 at U.S. Cellular when he was first base coach of the Kansas City Royals.

Was the kid armed? Did he intend to harm a player?

Who knows? Taze him

tasers were meant to be replacements for guns, not fat ass cops who are too slow to catch someone. what would people think if the cop shot the kid? thats the question that should be asked

+1

Tasers are great as a substitute for DEADLY force. Since this kid didn't need to be shot dead I see no reason to use a taser. That fat pussy cop should have just tackled him like a real man instead of using something that could kill the kid.

Oh please, its not even deadly, except if shot in the chest of someone who already has issues. BUt then again, they could have a heart attack being chased down and tackled, they can get hurt anyway by being tackled. Should they just ask nicely?

YOu run from the cops, you do something like this, you deserve what you get. Can't believe so many people defend these jackasses. dont' want to get tasered, don't do such things

Are there people calling it inappropriate? He's lucky worse didn't happen to him, I've seen some players absolutely deck fans that run on the field or the court. Dad didn't even tell him no, no wonder why the moron did it. The hell with anybody who breaks laws and puts players, umps and security in dangerous position.

I'm just not convinced THIS kid was a danger to anyone. Five minutes of jollies running around the bases and done. As I said, my opinion is that violence is only appropriate as a last resort, not first flinch.

I think a seriously hefty fine would also make potential offenders think twice.

Forum List

Back