Ted Stevens Dead in Plane Crash in Alaska..

So when does Sarah Palin get accused of shooting the plane down? The 6 o'clock news is just hours away!

ted from massachusetts and ted from alaska.

one leaves in disgrace and one is honored by his professional colleagues. who gets treated with respect by the internet weirdos?

one leaves in disgrace and one is honored by his professional colleagues. who gets treated with respect by the internet weirdos?

There were many cons here who were respectful at Ted Kennedy's death. They're just not the ones you remember.

Lighten up, Dante. You can be a bigger and more honorable man than the clowns.

Wow...how sad :(

RIP Sen. Stevens - you served your state well

the man left in disgrace. that is hardly serving well.

His conviction was overturned. That is honesty.

It doesn't change a thing he did for his state or constituents throughout his long tenure. Like Kennedy. Like Byrd. Like Helmes.

a conviction overturned by a technicality is N-O-T a ruling of innocence.

and Stevens left in disgrace. he soiled his honor, his profession and he did a great disservice to his home state. his past mitigates things, but he was a disgrace to all that is good and decent in politics.

may he RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

wish he had lived up to his past reputation.

There were many cons here who were respectful at Ted Kennedy's death. They're just not the ones you remember.

I did not attack Stevens, did I? I stated facts about his career. My condolences (no matter how irrelevant) go out to his family and friends, but the man did soil a profession I have loved most of my life.

holding a con Republican to a level of accountability they profess to, is not an attack

condolences.jpg

Rest in Peace Senator

the man left in disgrace. that is hardly serving well.

It doesn't change a thing he did for his state or constituents throughout his long tenure. Like Kennedy. Like Byrd. Like Helmes.

and Stevens left in disgrace. he soiled his honor, his profession and he did a great disservice to his home state. his past mitigates things, but he was a disgrace to all that is good and decent in politics.

A conviction that may have been unjust in the first place since the prosecutors withheld exculpatory evidence. That's not justice.

I do not know if he was guilty or not and neither do you - but like any political figure, his his record needs to be looked at in full and I don't see the scandal outweighing the service.

A conviction that may have been unjust in the first place since the prosecutors withheld exculpatory evidence. That's not justice.

I do not know if he was guilty or not and neither do you - but like any political figure, his his record needs to be looked at in full and I don't see the scandal outweighing the service.

I'm not arguing a legal case or Justice (which is blind). The prosecuting team was a disgrace. His career record mitigates his full service, but his unethical behavior and more led to his leaving in disgrace and soiling his reputation.

He soiled his own professional reputation. Do not put the onus of that upon me.

What were the charges and the evidence -- both that put forward and that left outside the case in court?

the man does not deserve the level of respect for his service that many are giving. his actions forfeited that. responsibility and accountability demand he not be treated like others who lent their service without disgracing the profession.

he was once a great man. he threw that reputation away. truth sucks.

like I said, his service mitigates things, but it does not get to white wash his actions

I'm not arguing a legal case or Justice (which is blind). The prosecuting team was a disgrace. His career record mitigates his full service, but his unethical behavior and more led to his leaving in disgrace and soiling his reputation.

Agree.

He soiled his own professional reputation. Do not put the onus of that upon me.

I've put nothing on you.

What were the charges and the evidence -- both that put forward and that left outside the case in court?

the man does not deserve the level of respect for his service that many are giving. his actions forfeited that. responsibility and accountability demand he not be treated like others who lent their service without disgracing the profession.

I disagree. He still deserves respect for the things he has done that has earned it.

he was once a great man. he threw that reputation away. truth sucks.

like I said, his service mitigates things, but it does not get to white wash his actions

But do his actions get to tar his service?

I did not attack Stevens, did I? I stated facts about his career. My condolences (no matter how irrelevant) go out to his family and friends, but the man did soil a profession I have loved most of my life.

holding a con Republican to a level of accountability they profess to, is not an attack

Really? Sounds like your looking for a pound of flesh. I was respectful in Kennedy's death, and I'm a conservative. There is a time and place for your ire. I don't think this thread is the place, Dev, Dante, or whatever.
PS....give me your infamous neg rep, and let's see what happens. okay?

Sad news...my condolences to his family...

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.
Albert Camus

Sean O'Keefe was a decent guy.

Former NASA Head And LSU Administrator Sean O'Keefe Reportedly SURVIVES Plane Crash

Former LSU Chancellor Sean O'Keefe has survived a plane crash in Alaska, Chancellor Michael Martin said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

"The LSU community is happy and relieved to learn that former Chancellor Sean O’Keefe and his son Kevin were found alive following their plane crash in Alaska," Martin said. "Our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to everyone affected by this tragic event, and we send our deepest condolences to the loved ones of those lost in the crash.

Alaskan emergency response crews confirmed Tuesday afternoon that there had been four survivors of the crash, which killed five, including former U.S. Senator Ted Stevens, R-AK.

Not going to waste a tear over Ted Kennedy or Ted Stevens. Both had questionable morals and both get to answer for that to someone in a much better position than me to do so. Politicans take heed, what do you want your legacy to be?

Treating a D and a R the same. You libs happy yet?

My condolences to those lost.

It looks like it was a DeHavilland DHC-3 Otter. I'd never heard of it, but apparently it was a small single prop commuter plane. Those things are the worst. My wife and I won't fly to certain parts of the US if we have to get on a small prop plane.

Yeah, a lot of these guys seem to die in plane crashes. I think it has to do with the sheer volume of flying they do combined with the fact that the smaller commuter plans just aren't that safe.

from what I'm hearing it had nothing to do with the plane or a failure of mechanics, the pilot flew into a mountain in poor visibility conditions.

Forum List

Back