Ted Cruz suggests Texas could secede and "take NASA and the military" if Dems "destroy the country"

I'm always puzzled as to why you care. Why do you care? You all don't like America and you HATE us. So what? Shouldn't you be thrilled we might finally leave?

Yet every time we bring us secession it's this automatic "don't you dare"! I find that odd
Oh I'm all for it. Won't happen but I'll be there will bells on if you go and shall hire the mariachi band for your welcome to Mexico. :D

So? That should be the case for every president, when the economy grows, right? That's like a crediting a president for a DOW record. That is what is SUPPOSED to happen. The DOW goes up. 5-7% expected, every year.

What is at issue is tax revenue vs GDP. Our spending isn't outrageous, in this regard. Our tax revenue is too low, in this regard.

Yeah, except there's this silly leftist notion that tax breaks -- like we had under Trump Admin would result IN LESS TAX revenue rather than more. Like the silly leftist notion that manic zealous and random SPENDING by the Fed govt stifles inflation and the Bernie "Modern Monetary Theory" that the Biden Admin has intellectually mangled to be synonomous with "money grows on trees"..

You dont seem to be really financially astute, since the Dow MIGHT scratch 4% on a 10 year AVERAGED graph, but it does not "go up 5-6% per year".. Might sound picky to YOU, but its really not.

America ‘as founded’ was a country where slavery was Constitutional, where women and minorities had no right to vote, and where enslaved Americans were considered only three-fifths of a person.

It’s no wonder conservatives advocate for ‘secession.’

Indeed, this idiocy of ‘secession’ is nothing more than a conservative wet dream where Texas is turned into an authoritarian fascist state, a racist dictatorship of white supremacy, oppression, and hate.

It's not like Texas will need to march out the folks who WORSHIP the disfunction in D.C. and the power on "trail of tears" march. They could CERTAINLY honor "dual citizenship" or give these folks resident status of some kind. Even allow for these folks to be SERVED by IRS/SS/HHS offices IF the Federal govt doesn't throw a hissy fit and CUT OFF their benefits.

Plenty of "Americans" live, work and retire in foreign countries and retain the "privilege" of dealing with the IRS and hard to reach "entitlement offices".. These ex-pats even get their SS/Disability checks sent to them IF they keep paying their Federal taxes.

What kind of law you practice? Because this isn't very lawyerly like thinking here.

Spectator serious?

Shall we see what HuffPo or MotherJones has to say on the matter next? ;)
I'm sure you can find a WOKE, SAFE ZONE source for "Modern Monetary Policy".. Mother Jones wont touch it because it has math and economics in it. And your OTHER favorite is probably too busy updating their resumes because of Biden.

When I reply to YOU -- I put 70% less effort into discussion to match your level..

In the words of that classic Dos Equity commercial -- "Stay ignorant my friend".

Not used to reading that many digits and commas. Unless they're in binary. LOL..

Guess my $478Bill was a little bit of 2017. Damn - it's quite frightening.. EVEN with FortFun or whoever bragging about the interest rates being near zero..

Actually Treasuries are alway HIGHER the Fed rate right? Don't know if its a fixed margin or what.
Not sure but Al Capone was little leagues compared to what J P Morgan and Goldman Sachs does. Pretty soon the interest will be higher than the Military budget.

I'm sure you can find a WOKE, SAFE ZONE source for "Modern Monetary Policy".. Mother Jones wont touch it because it has math and economics in it. And your OTHER favorite is probably too busy updating their resumes because of Biden.

When I reply to YOU -- I put 70% less effort into discussion to match your level..

In the words of that classic Dos Equity commercial -- "Stay ignorant my friend".
THAT ^ was really funny - kudos! 🤣

You’re not going to secede, drama queen.

What do you care if we do? And how do you know?

What if a bunch of us who actually do the work are tired of doing the heavy lift and hearing the whining of those who don't?

This is how it works, btw. In real life and in nations. One day the stalwarts are just done. And they really mean it.

What do you care if we do? And how do you know?

What if a bunch of us who actually do the work are tired of doing the heavy lift and hearing the whining of those who don't?

This is how it works, btw. In real life and in nations. One day the stalwarts are just done. And they really mean it.
Neat. You’re still not going to secede.

You done being a drama queen now? Probably not.

Sorry Ted, that ain't the way it works. If Texas secedes, we take NASA and the military. ALL of it including the Coast Guard. Next hurricane or freeze - No FEMA so you're on your own buddy. And you'll be out of a job after Texas has no more representation in Congress. Maybe you can organize a citizen army and capture Cancun? :)

Sen. Ted Cruz has called on his home state to secede from the U.S. if Democrats "fundamentally destroy the country," adding that Texas should "take" NASA, the military and the country's oil supply along with it.​
"If they pack the Supreme Court, if they make D.C. a state, if they federalize elections and massively expand voter fraud, there may come a point where it's hopeless," Cruz said during a speaking event at Texas A&M last month.​
"We're not there yet, and if there comes a point where it's hopeless, then I think we take NASA, we take the military, we take the oil," the Republican added.​

The competition for the 'craziest' Republican representative in Congress is certainly heating up, isn't it? This is a sad commentary on the Republican base these days where saying crazy shit is considered to be a badge of 'honor' as opposed to being seen as the dishonorable conduct it truly is.

Cruz has plenty of competition (in Reps like Louis Gohmert, Paul Gosar, and Senators Rand Paul, and Josh Hawley, but, God love him, Cruz is still swinging for the fences. Cruz will almost certainly not come in at first place, but he seems determined not to come in at any less than second place [as in Win (1), Place (2), and Show (3)]. At this point, can there be any doubt that the crazy rhetoric is only going to get even worse in the coming months?

The competition for the 'craziest' Republican representative in Congress is certainly heating up, isn't it? This is a sad commentary on the Republican base these days where saying crazy shit is considered to be a badge of 'honor' as opposed to being seen as the dishonorable conduct it truly is.

Cruz has plenty of competition (in Reps like Louis Gohmert, Paul Gosar, and Senators Rand Paul, and Josh Hawley, but, God love him, Cruz is still swinging for the fences. Cruz will almost certainly not come in at first place, but he seems determined not to come in at any less than second place [as in Win (1), Place (2), and Show (3)]. At this point, can there be any doubt that the crazy rhetoric is only going to get even worse in the coming months?

Ted's been swinging for those fences for years hasn't he? Yes, it seems pretty obvious that the kookery is gonna get lots worse before it gets any better. This BS has probably always been an undercurrent with the GOP, but Donald enabled this dark new wave of hate.

Hey, I clicked the link on your location and Google maps didn't pinpoint it, but did show a long stretch of the Oregon Coast where I live. Does this sound about right?

Keep posting please. That was one of the best I've read in the past month or two.

Forum List

Back