TED CRUZ: I’m PROUD to stand with Gov. Mike Pence!

All the great states that have risen since the birth of Christianity have fallen completely or waned in significance, including ours.

Christianity apparently is the cause of the weakening and fall of great states.

Or to such does Keys' philosophy lead us.

What if the Westboro Baptist Church wanted to march in the San Francisco Gay Pride Day Parade?

Ok Kids... this is a good question.

Maybe one of the three fascists that want Christian rights to be stricken... would like to answer that?
What if a Gay organization wanted to march in the St. Patrick's Day parade? Is it still 'fascism' if you do it?

If it were a Gay Irish Organization, then no big deal. If they are some random Gay organization that has nothing to do with Irish culture, then I'd wonder why they feel they need to interfere.

What if the Westboro Baptist Church wanted to march in the San Francisco Gay Pride Day Parade?

Maybe one of the three fascists that want Christian rights to be stricken... would like to answer that?
What if a Gay organization wanted to march in the St. Patrick's Day parade? Is it still 'fascism' if you do it?

If it were a Gay Irish Organization, then no big deal. If they are some random Gay organization that has nothing to do with Irish culture, then I'd wonder why they feel they need to interfere.
And the fact remains that sane Americans would not care.

I wouldn't go that far. We live in a diverse society, and I don't mistake Tolerance for Acceptance. People of goodwill can tolerate one another's differences without embracing and celebrating them.

What ever happened to protecting religious freedom?

If we don't protect a person's religious freedom do we get to walk into a delicatessen or a halal store and demand that we are served pork?

Serious question. Because just because pork is against a Jew or Muslim's religious dietary belief it isn't against my Christian faith.

So a deli owner or a halal store would be discriminating against me would they not?

What a stupid analogy.......try again

I can't agree more.

Anyone who walks into one of those stores and demands pork is not going to get it.

Comparing that to discrimination of gays is to beyond stupid.

The jewish or halal store never carries pork so demanding that they serve something they never carry and never sell to anyone is not the same thing as a gay person wanting to be sold what a merchant sells to everyone.

I can't agree more.

Anyone who walks into one of those stores and demands pork is not going to get it.

Comparing that to discrimination of gays is to beyond stupid.

Is it?

Hmm... Now you're also a person who believes that behavior which not only deviates from the human physiological standard, it deviates AS FAR FROM SUCH AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE, is not symptomatic of deviancy.

Which is you advising the Reader of this forum of something that is demonstrably false, as truth... thus rendering you as a person who is unworthy of the Reader's trust.

SOoooo... there's THAT.

The jewish or halal store never carries pork so demanding that they serve something they never carry and never sell to anyone is not the same thing as a gay person wanting to be sold what a merchant sells to everyone.

Christian Bakers do not provide their services to celebrations of perverse behavior. Never have, never will.

I sure hope Ted is still standing with Mike when they make it illegal there to discriminate against the gays in Indiana. Hell, I hope they are holding hands when Pence signs the bill. Go Ted.

Christian Bakers do not provide their services to celebrations of perverse behavior. Never have, never will.
Well that kills off the cake for the bachelor and bachelorette parties, as well as all political conventions.

Does it? How so...

(Yes, reader... your instincts are correct. My guess is she will be unable to avoid it, except of course through the usual deflection common to the relevant mental disorder. ;) )

Wait till Cruz, Jeb, and all those who agreed with Pence's original bill discover folks don't like their opinions.

I wouldn't go that far. We live in a diverse society, and I don't mistake Tolerance for Acceptance. People of goodwill can tolerate one another's differences without embracing and celebrating them.
Acceptance not tolerance in public of others is a requirement of civilized society.

No one is requiring that you embrace and celebrate those differences, but you must not violate civil liberties in your public encounter with them.

Many have and soon all will.

As despicable a Christian as Keys is, no one can discriminate against him as a customer because of that; equally Keys cannot discriminate against a customer for a product or service that he provides based on a LGBT status.

Acceptance not tolerance in public of others is a requirement of civilized society.

No one is requiring that you embrace and celebrate those differences, but you must not violate civil liberties in your public encounter with them.

So does tolerance mean being forced to do something against one's will? I'd prefer that we define it as leaving one another alone to do one's own thing.

So does tolerance mean being forced to do something against one's will? I'd prefer that we define it as leaving one another alone to do one's own thing.
In your own sphere privately, sure. But when in public you obey the rules of the road. You stop for children in a crosswalk or at a red light. When offer publicly a good or service, you serve everybody.

Wait till Cruz, Jeb, and all those who agreed with Pence's original bill discover folks don't like their opinions.
Jeb has more of a chance of getting away with it than Cruz, who is too outspoken and partisan about gays for voters to ignore.

You're intentionally conflating being against the normalization of the normalization of the mental disorder that presents with sexual deviancy and being against sexual deviants.

Why is that?

Forum List

Back