Obama's Legacy: Loss of Allies

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
The French Don't Trust Iran's Nuclear Promises, But They (and other allies) Don't Trust Washington Much, Either.

1. Now the view from Paris is of a Washington that seems to lack empathy and trust for its longtime friends and partners — more interested in making nice with Iran than looking out for its old allies.Differences between Washington and Paris have been quietly brewing for months. The French feel that they are being kept out of the loop in critical discussions. The multilateral framework of Iran and the P5+1 (the five permanent U.N. Security Council members plus Germany) has turned into a bilateral discussion between Iran and the United States.

2. These diplomats generally share the conviction that Tehran’s enrichment program is aimed at obtaining a nuclear weapon and that a bad deal that allows the Iranians to keep enriching uranium at dangerous levels will lead to a disastrous game of regional proliferation. Araud, Audibert, and their colleagues know the situation well: They have been engaged in 12 years of talks on these issues and at this point they feel they have little reason to trust the Iranians, or to believe that regional arrangements with Iran would decrease Tehran’s desire to acquire nuclear capabilities.

3. But policymakers in Paris might not trust the Americans much, either — and not just when it comes to the nuclear negotiations. French officials no longer hide their dismay at many of Washington’s policies in the Middle East.

4. The nuclear talks, French diplomats suspect, are just one part of a strategic rapprochement with Iran. Washington has practically subcontracted the war against the Islamic State’s forces in Iraq to Iranian special forces and Tehran’s Iraqi militia proxies. The French view this as a potentially counterproductive move, one more part of Washington’s turn away from its Sunni allies and toward Tehran.

5. Relations between Paris and Washington have been tainted with suspicion ever since Syria used chemical weapons in August 2013 and Obama failed to enforce his “red line.” The sudden American about-face was perceived by Hollande as a sign that Obama was dumping his allies. European countries, and France in particular, were ready to attack Syria in September 2013, after two weeks of stepping up pressure and building up their military presence in the Mediterranean.

6. Paris is in good company, alongside many of Washington’s traditional allies in the region, including the Gulf states, Israel, and Turkey, which have all felt shunted aside in the interest of reconciliation with Iran. Within the nuclear talks, France, which has strong ties with Gulf countries, has voiced these concerns.

7. Now the view from Paris is of a Washington that seems to lack empathy and trust for its longtime friends and partners — more interested in making nice with Iran than looking out for its old allies.

How France Became an Iran Hawk Foreign Policy

Obama's foreign policy will leave the next president with major fence mending. We'll have no allies that trust us in this world. That will be one of his major legacies.

Yes but he's making muslims feel welcome and loved, homos love him, and blacks are shooting cops because "black lives matter". I don't blame Hussein Obama, I don't blame the fools that elected him. Plato said democracy was a bad political system that degenerates into tyranny.

Yes but he's making muslims feel welcome and loved, homos love him, and blacks are shooting cops because "black lives matter". I don't blame Hussein Obama, I don't blame the fools that elected him. Plato said democracy was a bad political system that degenerates into tyranny.
Where is this federal democracy???

1. Now the view from Paris is of a Washington that seems to lack empathy and trust for its longtime friends and partners — more interested in making nice with Iran than looking out for its old allies.Differences between Washington and Paris have been quietly brewing for months. The French feel that they are being kept out of the loop in critical discussions. The multilateral framework of Iran and the P5+1 (the five permanent U.N. Security Council members plus Germany) has turned into a bilateral discussion between Iran and the United States.

A total falsehood since China is in the negotiations and is able to lean on Iran more heavily because they build the reactors and train nuclear operators in Iran, and even the Chinese wants Iran to curtail any nuclear weapons programs...
These are secret negotiations yet the rwer's claim all this info they have propagated is factual when it is merely a smear campaign, because they hate Oblama....

Do you enjoy it when you are blamed for what other people do???

Bless his pea pickin heart. The Muslims are welcomed and the blacks are using cops as a shooting range. Just more for His Highness' legacy.

Bless his pea pickin heart. The Muslims are welcomed and the blacks are using cops as a shooting range. Just more for His Highness' legacy.
Those poor poor cops, getting a taste of their own medicine, ain't it a biotch!?

Those poor poor cops, getting a taste of their own medicine, ain't it a biotch!?
The fact that you don't mind cops being shot while on duty protecting the city says a lot about you. You are a sick individual.

The fact that you don't mind cops being shot while on duty protecting the city says a lot about you. You are a sick individual.
I never had any need of cops.....if that is sick, then so is a police state where you have no rights cause cops in the USA don't want you to have any, that's why they always go for the kill....

Forum List

Back