Tech companies moving production out of China

I wonder how Chinese leadership feels about such a development. Frankly, it would be far better for the free world if they didn't trade with China. Anyway, I hope there is a large exodus out of China.

https://www.techinvestornews.com/Tech-Ne...-trade-war

I will tell you this, if Trump stays the course on China, he will go down in history as having saved the West. That's not hyperbole to anyone who has been paying attention.

Nobody would appreciate a weakening of China more than the U.S Intelligence agencies and those fighting for American Values. I just hope he doesn't give in and he FORCES China to become more democratic and capitalist. He knows business well enough to know America holds all the cards, there's no need to fold.

Get 'er done Trump! God Bless America!

The report states that Amazon, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Sony, Nintendo, Asus, Lenovo and Microsoft are amongst the companies planning to up sticks out of China. Said companies have already begun, or are in the process of, moving their production to some of China's neighbours, such as Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and Taiwan.
Tech firms are planning a Chinese exodus over Trump's trade war | TheINQUIRER

This has long been in the works. That is what the TPP was for.

So where would these companies set up their manufacturing shops, then? Some signs point to Vietnam, as it is geographically close to China and has a cost of living that’s on par with China’s, which would translate to a low cost of labor. It may also make tech companies more comfortable knowing that Vietnam is nominally part of an international trade framework designed to counterbalance China in the region. Vietnam does have its downsides as a new U.S. manufacturing base. For one thing, it is within China’s sphere of influence, which might tempt China to put pressure on its smaller neighbor. More immediately, Trump is mulling over imposing tariffs on Vietnam, which could make the country as expensive to do business with as China in the long-run.

U.S. Tech Firms Will Pull Manufacturing From China, Not Return to U.S. | Digital Trends
--------------------------------------------
Soon he will have tariffs on every country. It us consumers who will end up having to pay higher prices.
It has been in the works for a long time, as China wages are getting to expensive.

The stupid man pulled out of TTP and the stupid man pulled out of the Iran deal.

That's a pretty big decision to make over something as potentially temporary as a trade war.

We'll see, I guess, if it actually happens.
The decision wan't prompted by a trade war.

These companies have been working on the problem of rising wages in China for some time now.

Forum List

Back