Tebow A Jet: Can The Bigots On The Left Support A Christian???

Tebow was home-schooled....so he's got a big bulls-eye on his back.

The left secretly thinks that if Tebow wins, God wins. If he loses, they win.

He's got enough of you idiots who think that if Tebow wins, God wins and the left loses,therefore the right wins too to balance out the people who hope he loses because of his religion.

In reality, politics has nothing to do with him not being cut out to make it in the league as a starting NFL quarterback. He sucks.

His skill has very little to do with your opinion of him.

You just don't like his Jesus loving ass.

I think he's an outstanding human being who sucks as an NFL quarterback. It's jackasses like you and many others who are propping him up as more than he is on the field because he aligns with your worldview and in classic right wing victimhood style you take pointing out his glaring deficiencies on the field as an affront to his religious beliefs. You do this because you can't defend against legit on field criticism of him and because his religious beliefs and how they relate to your politics are the only reasons why you care about him in the first place.

Last edited:
He's got enough of you idiots who think that if Tebow wins, God wins and the left loses,therefore the right wins too to balance out the people who hope he loses because of his religion.

In reality, politics has nothing to do with him not being cut out to make it in the league as a starting NFL quarterback. He sucks.

His skill has very little to do with your opinion of him.

You just don't like his Jesus loving ass.

I think he's an outstanding human being who sucks as an NFL quarterback. It's jackasses like you and many others who are propping him up as more than he is on the field because he aligns with your worldview and in classic right wing victimhood style you take pointing out his glaring deficiencies on the field as an affront to his religious beliefs. You do this because you can't defend against legit on field criticism of him and because his religious beliefs and how they relate to your politics are the only reasons why you care about him in the first place.

I wouldn't give a shit if he was a Wiccan. I've seen him play for years in college and the pros. I got tired of watching him beat my Volunteers every years. I've seen him win games practically on his own. In college his was next to unstoppable. Sure, he's not pretty. He doesn't throw a perfect ball, but if you compare his win/loss record with any other first-time NFL starter he beats just about all of them. How many of the NFL starting QBs won a state championship in high school and won a national championship in college? How many players do you know played an entire half with a broken leg and still scored a touchdown? How many QBs do you know of that takes a 1-4 team on his shoulders and goes 7-1 and still is talked about like Sarah Palin or GWB?

The problem I have with the criticism of him is that it is unfair and much of it is politically motivated. Even in high school he came under attack because he was home-schooled.

Nope, I could care less what his religion was. I hated him when he was in college. However I don't care about the criticisms of him coming from the left. I know where it's coming from. My hatred for him was based on the fact that he kept beating my team, not because he was a terrible player.

Maybe he should convert to Islam?

That is funny, but there's a lot of reality in your comment too. If he were Muslim, The Left would be kneeling at his feet embracing him, and begging for approval. It all gets back to the loony Left's weird fixation on hating Christians. They're very confused people.

there are more christians than non christians on the left, moron.

this here is proof that you're a fucking propoganda dupe, and you feed into the "left vs. right" shit that washington and the media wants you to.

way to be a tool.

There was a Muslim that played for the Nuggets; I don't even remember his name. I guess nobody has been praying to him lately.

I guess we're in the political silly season until Labor Day.

Tebows problem is not that he is a Christian, but that he is a marginal QB

Reggie White was a Minister but nobody cared because he was an amazing football player

Shhh....facts makes their head hurt.

Black Christians usually get a pass if they're liberals.

Facts really hurt, don't they.

That is funny, but there's a lot of reality in your comment too. If he were Muslim, The Left would be kneeling at his feet embracing him, and begging for approval. It all gets back to the loony Left's weird fixation on hating Christians. They're very confused people.

this here is proof that you're a fucking propoganda dupe, and you feed into the "left vs. right" shit that washington and the media wants you to.

way to be a tool.

There was a Muslim that played for the Nuggets; I don't even remember his name. I guess nobody has been praying to him lately.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar played for the Lakers. I'm sure he's prayed with lots of folks.

After every game Christian players always gather for a prayer thanking God.

However we don't know how many of them were home schooled, if any.

We do know that Tebow was.....and it has haunted him throughout his career.

So what's your point?

Mudwhistle, Tebow did not go 7-1.

He lost his last 3 games of the season, lost his last 4 out of 5, and during the "win streak" all the games came down to THE WIRE, ALL the teams they beat during the win streak were under .500 teams and NONE of the teams during the win streak made the playoffs.

These are facts. Also - Tebow was not the reason for many of the unimpressive wins to begin with. He put together 34th place out of 34, in completion percentage. Let's think about that for a second, hummm? A guy who's job it is to - you know - throw the ball...........last place in accuracy. 28th place in qb rating. winless versus over .500 teams.

He's terrible. That's why he won't be starting anywhere this season, because "experts" saw the "win streak" for its details, not with rose colored political glasses like your dumbass.

way to be a tool.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar played for the Lakers. I'm sure he's prayed with lots of folks.

After every game Christian players always gather for a prayer thanking God.

However we don't know how many of them were home schooled, if any.

We do know that Tebow was.....and it has haunted him throughout his career.

So what's your point?

In what way? Please, impress us with your intellect.

I was thinking skillwise Tebow is going to a better situatiion.

But I don't think the libs in NYC will accept him.

It's obvious they hate him because they constantly trash him here.

I think what they trash is the "HOlier than Thou" stuff that is attached to him.

Frankly, I find the "Theology" of Tebow to be kind of demeaning. God won't stop famine or plagues or wars or poverty, but he can take the time out of his busy schedule to influence the outcome as something as ultimately trivial as a football game?

I think what they trash is the "HOlier than Thou" stuff that is attached to him.

Frankly, I find the "Theology" of Tebow to be kind of demeaning. God won't stop famine or plagues or wars or poverty, but he can take the time out of his busy schedule to influence the outcome as something as ultimately trivial as a football game?

Anyone who has played the game knows you have to have focus to excel. You have to visualize success to be successful. I used to play myself. I had to imagine I would be successful. It helps build confidence if you feel you can succeed. Football is a confidence game. It shouldn't matter what he uses to build confidence.

If he wants to channel his energies by trusting in God why is that a negative?

Anyone who has played the game knows you have to have focus to excel. You have to visualize success to be successful. I used to play myself. I had to imagine I would be successful. It helps build confidence if you feel you can succeed. Football is a confidence game. It shouldn't matter what he uses to build confidence.

1) There is no God, and the sooner we outgrow Bronze Age superstiton, the better.

2) Again, he kind of trivializes the beliefs. I mean, who wants to worship the "God of the Two-Point Conversion".

1) There is no God, and the sooner we outgrow Bronze Age superstiton, the better.

2) Again, he kind of trivializes the beliefs. I mean, who wants to worship the "God of the Two-Point Conversion".

So Tebow is the only Christian in the NFL that trivializes God????

Why is he any different from every other player that points to God and gives thanks?

And it doesn't matter if God is real or not. If Tebow thinks he is that's all that matters.

Why is he any different from every other player that points to God and gives thanks?

And it doesn't matter if God is real or not. If Tebow thinks he is that's all that matters.

Well, I think it does matter, given for the last 2000 years, we've been killing each other over what a imaginary friend in the sky said.

Obviously, Tebow isn't the only one guilty of this nonsense. Doesn't make it any less nonsense.

Well, I think it does matter, given for the last 2000 years, we've been killing each other over what a imaginary friend in the sky said.

Obviously, Tebow isn't the only one guilty of this nonsense. Doesn't make it any less nonsense.

So get on the Muslims about why God told them to blow themselves up and everyone around them.

Leave the guy alone that gives thanks for scoring touchdowns.

Get some priorities for God's sakes.

The reason he's heavy in the media about his Religion is a few fold.

#1. Guys like Mudwhistle overhype his skills - he blows in the NFL.

#2. His Mom exploited the shit out of him.

#3. He's clean cut and white and could play the game awesome in College, all while simultaneously being hard-core Religious, and so Conservatives have immortalized his johnson (they're riding it, hard).

#4. People who aren't Religious, thumb their noses at him due to 1-4, but they're just as ass-holish.

#5. Guys who know stats, etc. - see how bad he really is in the NFL - thus get peeved at numerals 1-4 for bothering to open their jibs.

#6. This is a thread about how he will be crucified for his Religion.....meanwhile, 99% of the NON TEBOW dickriders are knocking him based on performance, while the OP himself is the one who brought Religion and Politics into it. Ironic.

I enjoyed watching Tebow lead the Gators. After watching a documentary about the guy's struggles and triumphs leading up to the draft and while trying to become NFL ready, I took a liking to him. I did and will root for him to succeed.

Forum List

Back