Teaching Black history is not an attack on White Americans

I'm pretty sure a lot of the time, the slave was willing to forget the Freedom Dues, especially if a family member had bought them to set them free.

They didn't have the option of just forgetting the Freedom Dues.
A negation of the freedom dues could end up putting them back into Slavery.

You see, the government saw things the same way it does now.
You couldn't just set someone free and expect they could take care of themselves.
The previous owner was required to provide the freed slave with clothing, tools, seed and sometimes livestock.

You don't think the idea was ... "Hey, you're free ... Go pursue the American Dream" ... Did you?

Being free didn't mean they could get a job and support themselves.
The reason a lot of freed slaves ended up being sharecroppers,
was because that's something they could do and earn what little money they could.

I mean there were exceptions to the rule ... But not in general.
Before slavery was outlawed, a freed slave could end up back in slavery as soon and they either didn't have money
or couldn't take care of themselves.

Last edited:
So much silly shit in your post. When did I ever say african traders were innocent victims?
You are still spinning shit----in africa, it wasn't just the african traders pushing and doing slavery---African culture centered around attacking and enslaving others.

You are still spinning shit----in africa, it wasn't just the african traders pushing and doing slavery---African culture centered around attacking and enslaving others.
Really? All african culture centered on slavery? Are you sure about that? Either way, I never said anyone involved in kidnapping, buying, or selling people as property to be used as livestock was innocent.

Really? All african culture centered on slavery? Are you sure about that? Either way, I never said anyone involved in kidnapping, buying, or selling people as property to be used as livestock was innocent.
Yet you defend IM2 who does make excuses for it. Go ahead claim again you havent seen it when you responded to several of his posts doing JUST that.

Yet you defend IM2 who does make excuses for it. Go ahead claim again you havent seen it when you responded to several of his posts doing JUST that.
IM2 is a grown man, and if you have a problem with him, I suggest you take it up with him you idiot.

Black people in the US were and are still affected by the effects of slavery in the US more than that of other parts of the world. Is that too complicated for you to understand?
Not complicated at all. While I in no way advocate slavery, I think it is equally abhorrent everywhere.

Spike Lee’s ancestor worked for the Griswold Pistol Company, he could have escaped at almost any time to Union lines, but like many loyal black men he stayed and produced guns for the Confederacy.

Samuel Griswold was born December 29th, 1790, in Windsor, Connecticut. In 1835, when he was forty five, Griswold purchased five thousand acres of land in Jones County, ten miles south of Macon in Georgia.

Arvin W. Gunnison originally manufactured guns in New Orleans, Louisiana and when the city fell to the Union army in 1862 during the American Civil War (1861-1865) He quickly relocated and settled in Griswoldville. He met up with Griswold and they both transformed the cotton gin factory to make revolvers at the behest of the Confederate Ordnance Department, who put in an order for as many revolvers as possible.

Griswold and Gunnison decided to replicate the Colt Navy 1851 model as it was easier to manufacture than the popular Remington 1858.

41A0B982-3737-4E08-A258-2DB491DF000A.jpeg

Forum List

Back