Teacher Chides Girl, 12, for Wearing Mexico Shirt in School, Activist Says

A little girl, an activist and a Latino Supremacist organization, yes no reason to doubt the accuracy of the story.

More likely happened like this,
T: "Are you rooting for Mexico?"
S: "Yes."
T: "Why?"
S: "Because I'm Mexican!"
T: "Yet you live in America, you get a free American education and everything America has to offer."
S: "But I'm Mexican and I'm free to root for anyone one I want to, including my home country of Mexico."
T: Then why don't you go back to Mexico, its people like your parents that have no loyalty to America but have no problem taking from America, raising my taxes!
The student runs out crying!
Why would that make a difference?

Here's a slightly different version of the story:
Aviles said the teacher singled out her daughter in front of the class and accused of her being an illegal immigrant while the girl was wearing the shirt for the World Cup soccer tournament.

"Basically, she put her down in front of the whole class," Aviles said Thursday.

Aviles said she and her daughter are U.S. citizens. The teacher later apologized.

Martinez compared the student's action to wearing a Lakers shirt during the recent NBA playoffs.

Aviles, who operates a Mexican restaurant in Big Bear City, said the shirt was purchased during a visit to Mexico. She said she has encountered discrimination before and worries about her family's safety. A Mexican flag posted outside the restaurant has been torn down a few times, and people shouted obscenities when she tried to replace it, she said.

Teacher accused of criticizing student for Mexico T-shirt - San Jose Mercury News

"Basically" she put down the child, or "actually" put her down?

Unless the teacher knew NOTHING about the student, why would she accuse a second generation American of being an illegal? Her mother owned a restaurant for crying out loud.

The story just seems fishy.

This is a horrible story, the teacher should be fired if the events happened as they say it did. That said, this should be an eye opener for the Federal Government(HA). The U.S. citizens are getting tired of the inactions towards thses invaders, I fear if something isn't done soon the people are going to take it upon themselves and that would be REALLY bad...

"according to the newspapers" okay,, you go with that.

Find me some evidence to the contrary, I'll be happy to post it. :thup:

Find some actual corroborated evidence that does not have 'allegedly' or similar modifiers before it to support the original claim first...

You take things reported by 'activists', unnamed 'newspapers', and lawyers representing 1 side with a grain of salt...

Not saying this did not happen or that it could not have happened... but I think there is more behind the COMPLETE STORY than is initially reported...

Forum List

Back