And they say, "Crime does not pay"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Immanuel, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    RPOF Jim Greer fundraising fraud: No prison time for former state GOP executive - OrlandoSentinel.com

By the way, note to the editor: 65 is 52% of 125, last time I checked, 52% was OVER half.

A commission? Is there any written agreement signed by the Florida GOP, signed by someone like a treasurer of the party who received no benefits from the deal, and Victory Strategies providing for a commission?

More at site.

Immie

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Mebbe there is a written agreement, Immie. But the two owners of the company were already FGOP employees with fund raising duties. They owed a duty of loyalty and service to the FGOP, and the skimming of ten percent of contributions by any means violated these duties.

3. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    If there was an agreement, in my opinion it better have been signed by someone other than Greer or Johnson otherwise it seems to me like it is a crime.

If there is a written agreement, I will amend my statement, but I suspect since Johnson turned whistleblower, that there is no agreement.

75 years, for $125k! Hehe... I certainly won't shed a tear.

Immie

4. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Bear in mind, Immie, the FGOP is not a government body. It is not even a charity. As victims go, it ain't all that appealing. And blame should be shared by the Directors who fell down on the job of watching the employees.

Really, this is just simple embezzlement and prolly don't deserve anything more than restitution and mebbe a couple years' prison time.

5. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    That is right it is embezzlement and that is all it is. It is a crime.

The article stated that Greer faces 75 years in prison. I didn't say that was what he deserves.

A crime is a crime and it does not matter who commits it or who the victim is.

The way I look at it and presented the article was not about who the victim was but who the criminals were.

Immie