Tea Party Would Cut $9 Trillion

I read the thread title and I immediately wondered how many children and elderly and poor would be affected. Cause you always know the children are nearly the first to go on the chopping block.

I read the thread title and I immediately wondered how many children and elderly and poor would be affected. Cause you always know the children are nearly the first to go on the chopping block.

One thing we know beyond all doubt is that a liberal will never spend a dime of his own money on the people he claims to be so concerned about.

Americans lose jobs and security with defense cuts.

defense_spending.jpg

I take it all the other nations in this chart must not have security.

we provide the security for 90% of the list

take that away

they are fucked

That would be the point. Why are we defending any of them, essentially for free?

Two questions:

1. Where are the defense cuts?

2. How many Americans would lose their jobs under this plan?

Only tics on the ass of society would lose their jobs. They'll have to go out and get jobs where they actually produce something consumers want. How could any rational person object to that?

So anyone who wants the government to help pay for the healthcare and education of children in poverty is irrational?

One thing we know beyond all doubt is that a liberal will never spend a dime of his own money on the people he claims to be so concerned about.

Bwahahaha. I spend both my money AND time on the people I'm so concerned about. I work at a non profit for very little money and it's very rewarding.

I guess that shoots your assessment out of the water.

Bwahahaha. I spend both my money AND time on the people I'm so concerned about. I work at a non profit for very little money and it's very rewarding.

Yeah, I hear this from liberals all the time. If all the liberals who claimed to do charity work was telling the truth, there would be 100 liberals helping each poor person.

Yeah, I hear this from liberals all the time. If all the liberals who claimed to do charity work was telling the truth, there would be 100 liberals helping each poor person.

Are you denying my employment?

Only tics on the ass of society would lose their jobs. They'll have to go out and get jobs where they actually produce something consumers want. How could any rational person object to that?

So anyone who wants the government to help pay for the healthcare and education of children in poverty is irrational?

In a single word: yes. Worse than that, they are thieves.

Are you denying my employment?

I automatically assume everything liberals say is a lie. That's what the empirical evidence tells me.

That would be the point. Why are we defending any of them, essentially for free?

Liberals want us to defend them so they can use the money they save to pay for their welfare programs.

Last edited:
Scoffing at Washington's troubled effort to cut just $1.2 trillion in federal debt over 10 years, the Tea Party's own debt commission today unveiled a shocking plan to slash nearly $10 trillion over the next decade, in part by eliminating several federal agencies, balancing the budget by 2015, and killing foreign aid to unfriendly nations.

"Go bold or go home," says the report from the Tea Party Debt Commission. "Are you listening, Washington?"

The FreedomWorks-led effort started months ago by asking Tea Party members for ideas on what to cut from the federal budget. They ended up going much further than Congress or the president wants.

Their plan would cut spending by $9.7 trillion, and shrink the federal government from 24 percent of GDP to 17.5 percent, in line with the post-war norm.

Key initiatives include:

1. Repealing the president's health care reform plan.
  2. Eliminating four cabinet agencies: Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Education, and reducing or privatizing the EPA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and TSA.
  3. Ending farm subsidies, foreign aid to unfriendly nations, and student loans, or what the Tea Party report called "luxuries we can no longer afford."
  4. Suspending pension contributions and cost of living adjustments to lawmakers when the budget is running a deficit.
  5. Killing all congressional earmarks.
  6. Cut federal employee pay by 10 percent and slash employee travel to $4 billion, half of what was spent in 2000.
  7. Make the Bush tax cuts and the alternative minimum tax permanent.

"Imagine a plan that cuts, caps, and balances federal spending without raising taxes; that gives future generations control over their own retirement security; and that lifts the massive debt burden from our children's shoulders so they can know the American dream of ever-higher freedom and prosperity. And on top of all that, imagine that it's a serious, credible, plan generated by the grassroots. This is that plan," said the report.

Exclusive: Tea Party Would Cut $9 Trillion - US News and World Report

Not totally what I'd do, but close...
I'd end all foreign aid
I'd send education and the EPA(of course housing would go back there to) back to the states.(fully).
I'd cut every department by 10 percent across the board.
I'd cut the military down to 400 billion per year, ending all military action throughout the middle east, Africa, ect.
I'd shift 2,000 troops to our borders where they could defend their nation.
I'd cut all federal employee's by 20 percent throughout the federal government.
I'd take out the mandates within Obama care and reform the medical system to cut the cost on the patient, while making it fair for the doctor. A system that truly gives the patient a choice.

So I'd reduce all departments across the board, pull all troops out of africa, middle east and cut the scale of government. Sending a lot of it back to the states within closer to the constitution.

For those who want to cut pay or cut jobs by 10 percent.......that has already been done. We've had a pay freeze since Obama took office and we're currently running at 15 percent understaffed already. He hasn't filled any of the positions that went vacant in my department for 3 years.

Last edited:
I think we need to get rid of the IRS, the EPA, make the TSA private again, streamline the Department of Energy, get rid of the Department of Education and hand it back to state and local government, and get rid of redundancies in government.

In the Department of Defense cuts have already been made, the press just isn't covering it because it looks bad when you start gutting defense during a war.

Democrats love screwing up the DOD then after something like 9/11 happens they start screaming about why it happened and who is responsible. Well, if you want to know why, it's because we started relaxing our defenses due to political pressure. I know that is an oversimplification, but I'm not gonna go into details.

Democrats always cut defense. They do this for several reasons but there are two primary reasons:

Number one, they see no purpose for defense during peace time (or any time for that matter).

Number two, they know if they gut defense the GOP will rebuild it again thus spend billions in the process giving the Democratic Party ammo to attack them with. (It worked with Reagan and it worked with Bush)

Democrats can afford to be reckless with our defense because they know that Republicans will clean up their mess eventually. Only a few thousand people may die in the process. (Pearl Harbor, 9/11) Nevermind all of the thousands that eventually die because we end up having to go to war again like in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the Iraq War, and Afghanistan.

Oh, did you know that China is steady building a massive military as we speak?

Last edited:
Scoffing at Washington's troubled effort to cut just $1.2 trillion in federal debt over 10 years, the Tea Party's own debt commission today unveiled a shocking plan to slash nearly $10 trillion over the next decade, in part by eliminating several federal agencies, balancing the budget by 2015, and killing foreign aid to unfriendly nations.

"Go bold or go home," says the report from the Tea Party Debt Commission. "Are you listening, Washington?"

The FreedomWorks-led effort started months ago by asking Tea Party members for ideas on what to cut from the federal budget. They ended up going much further than Congress or the president wants.

Their plan would cut spending by $9.7 trillion, and shrink the federal government from 24 percent of GDP to 17.5 percent, in line with the post-war norm.

Key initiatives include:

2. Eliminating four cabinet agencies: Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Education, and reducing or privatizing the EPA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and TSA.
  3. Ending farm subsidies, foreign aid to unfriendly nations, and student loans, or what the Tea Party report called "luxuries we can no longer afford."
  4. Suspending pension contributions and cost of living adjustments to lawmakers when the budget is running a deficit.
  6. Cut federal employee pay by 10 percent and slash employee travel to $4 billion, half of what was spent in 2000.

"Imagine a plan that cuts, caps, and balances federal spending without raising taxes; that gives future generations control over their own retirement security; and that lifts the massive debt burden from our children's shoulders so they can know the American dream of ever-higher freedom and prosperity. And on top of all that, imagine that it's a serious, credible, plan generated by the grassroots. This is that plan," said the report.

Hey, that's great. Do you think that will work? What a shame it doesn't matter what the Tea Party wants or does. I can prove it. Here it goes....
Which candidate is the Tea Party running for President? none
Which Rino will they end up voting for? Romney
What policies will Romney implament for the Tea Party? none
How much of a difference will they make? insignificant
Will their support of a candidate other than Romney deliver a Democrat victory? yes
Must they abandon their principals, and become and vote Rinos to try beat Obama? yes

Key initiatives include:

Hey, that's great. Do you think that will work? What a shame it doesn't matter what the Tea Party wants or does. I can prove it. Here it goes....
Will their support of a candidate other than Romney deliver a Democrat victory? yes
Must they abandon their principals, and become and vote Rinos to try beat Obama? yes

The Tea Party doesn't run candidates. They may endorse them but not run them.

Currently Bachmann and Cain are the leading Tea Party candidates.

They'll never get this message across unless and until they start assembling their ranks by the masses in public parks and thoroughfares over extended periods of time.

I wouldn't do that, not with the OWS'rs floating around. They need to use Tea Party friendly media and politicians to spread the message. Going to the streets with it with the OWS'rs out there is exactly what the communists want, it would create large scale riots and liberty would be restricted as would the right to vote.

Key initiatives include:

The Tea Party doesn't run candidates. They may endorse them but not run them.

Currently Bachmann and Cain are the leading Tea Party candidates.

That is my point they are only a part of the republiucan base now, just a little a smaller than the religious right. The Republicans will give great lip service to the Tea Party, and then treat them just like the religious base. All these years, some, with republicans controling the WH, the senate and the house with a super majority at times. Abortion...still legal. Gay marraige...still going strong. Immigration reform...not so much either. What do you think they'll do for the Tea Party? Let's face it the Tea Party has been assimulated and marginalized within the Republican party, two to three more years and they will have a voice as that of the Religious right maybe a little less.

I'd send education and the EPA(of course housing would go back there to) back to the states.(fully).
I'd cut every department by 10 percent across the board.
I'd cut all federal employee's by 20 percent throughout the federal government.
Cutting in the military and do something to make the healthcare cheaper seems sensible. Cutting aid also seems sensible.

But why is cutting in departments and federal employees equal to cutting debt? Cutting in government dosen’t mean cutting debt, that is totally wrong. When did the debt start to grow, under Reagan because he did cuts in important services.

And what kinda workers are you gonna cut 20% teachers?, police officers?

Federal workers, not state workers.
Federal Employees like me would take the 10% cut, and I wouldn't care one bit if it helps the country out and balances the budget.

I thought I posted on another thread just like this one yesterday.

LOL And the day before and the day before and.... The tea party, a presumably rag tag bunch of patriots turned out to be the voice and the rich and the corporations. Odd that this disparate group seems so consistent? Or are they just puppets led by the nose by big money. Obviously the latter.

The end of American exceptionalism for sure. "We have to stop snuggling up to nostalgia, acknowledge that we have allowed a mighty country to be brought low and set a course to restitution. And that course is through hard work and tough choices. You choose greatness; it doesn’t choose you.

And that means that we must invest in our future. We must invest in our crumbling infrastructure. We must invest in the industries of the future. We must invest in a generation of foundering and forgotten children. We must invest in education. Cut-and-grow is ruinous mythology." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/o...erican-exceptionalism.html?src=me&ref=general

We are the voice of liberty, and of the constitution. Which is much better than standing out in the street begging to be controlled and begging to be a slave of the state like the OWS'rs are doing right now.
Dont worry my friend, this will all be over after 2012, then you guys will REALLY have something to bitch about.

Forum List

Back