Tea Party Would Cut $9 Trillion

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Scoffing at Washington's troubled effort to cut just $1.2 trillion in federal debt over 10 years, the Tea Party's own debt commission today unveiled a shocking plan to slash nearly $10 trillion over the next decade, in part by eliminating several federal agencies, balancing the budget by 2015, and killing foreign aid to unfriendly nations.

"Go bold or go home," says the report from the Tea Party Debt Commission. "Are you listening, Washington?"

The FreedomWorks-led effort started months ago by asking Tea Party members for ideas on what to cut from the federal budget. They ended up going much further than Congress or the president wants.

Their plan would cut spending by $9.7 trillion, and shrink the federal government from 24 percent of GDP to 17.5 percent, in line with the post-war norm.

Key initiatives include:

1. Repealing the president's health care reform plan.
  2. Eliminating four cabinet agencies: Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Education, and reducing or privatizing the EPA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and TSA.
  3. Ending farm subsidies, foreign aid to unfriendly nations, and student loans, or what the Tea Party report called "luxuries we can no longer afford."
  4. Suspending pension contributions and cost of living adjustments to lawmakers when the budget is running a deficit.
  5. Killing all congressional earmarks.
  6. Cut federal employee pay by 10 percent and slash employee travel to $4 billion, half of what was spent in 2000.
  7. Make the Bush tax cuts and the alternative minimum tax permanent.

"Imagine a plan that cuts, caps, and balances federal spending without raising taxes; that gives future generations control over their own retirement security; and that lifts the massive debt burden from our children's shoulders so they can know the American dream of ever-higher freedom and prosperity. And on top of all that, imagine that it's a serious, credible, plan generated by the grassroots. This is that plan," said the report.

Exclusive: Tea Party Would Cut $9 Trillion - US News and World Report

Scoffing at Washington's troubled effort to cut just $1.2 trillion in federal debt over 10 years, the Tea Party's own debt commission today unveiled a shocking plan to slash nearly $10 trillion over the next decade, in part by eliminating several federal agencies, balancing the budget by 2015, and killing foreign aid to unfriendly nations.

"Go bold or go home," says the report from the Tea Party Debt Commission. "Are you listening, Washington?"

The FreedomWorks-led effort started months ago by asking Tea Party members for ideas on what to cut from the federal budget. They ended up going much further than Congress or the president wants.

Their plan would cut spending by $9.7 trillion, and shrink the federal government from 24 percent of GDP to 17.5 percent, in line with the post-war norm.

Key initiatives include:

2. Eliminating four cabinet agencies: Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Education, and reducing or privatizing the EPA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and TSA.
  3. Ending farm subsidies, foreign aid to unfriendly nations, and student loans, or what the Tea Party report called "luxuries we can no longer afford."
  4. Suspending pension contributions and cost of living adjustments to lawmakers when the budget is running a deficit.
  6. Cut federal employee pay by 10 percent and slash employee travel to $4 billion, half of what was spent in 2000.

"Imagine a plan that cuts, caps, and balances federal spending without raising taxes; that gives future generations control over their own retirement security; and that lifts the massive debt burden from our children's shoulders so they can know the American dream of ever-higher freedom and prosperity. And on top of all that, imagine that it's a serious, credible, plan generated by the grassroots. This is that plan," said the report.

Not totally what I'd do, but close...
I'd end all foreign aid
I'd send education and the EPA(of course housing would go back there to) back to the states.(fully).
I'd cut every department by 10 percent across the board.
I'd cut the military down to 400 billion per year, ending all military action throughout the middle east, Africa, ect.
I'd shift 2,000 troops to our borders where they could defend their nation.
I'd cut all federal employee's by 20 percent throughout the federal government.
I'd take out the mandates within Obama care and reform the medical system to cut the cost on the patient, while making it fair for the doctor. A system that truly gives the patient a choice.

So I'd reduce all departments across the board, pull all troops out of africa, middle east and cut the scale of government. Sending a lot of it back to the states within closer to the constitution.

Last edited:
They'll never get this message across unless and until they start assembling their ranks by the masses in public parks and thoroughfares over extended periods of time.

Last edited:
I'd send education and the EPA(of course housing would go back there to) back to the states.(fully).
Cutting in the military and do something to make the healthcare cheaper seems sensible. Cutting aid also seems sensible.

But why is cutting in departments and federal employees equal to cutting debt? Cutting in government dosen’t mean cutting debt, that is totally wrong. When did the debt start to grow, under Reagan because he did cuts in important services.

And what kinda workers are you gonna cut 20% teachers?, police officers?

Cutting in the military and do something to make the healthcare cheaper seems sensible. Cutting aid also seems sensible.

But why is cutting in departments and federal employees equal to cutting debt? Cutting in government dosen’t mean cutting debt, that is totally wrong. When did the debt start to grow, under Reagan because he did cuts in important services.

Cutting the number of government employees reduces the cost of government.

Teachers, cops and firefighters are paid by the states, cities and towns not the federal government.

Teachers, cops and firefighters are paid by the states, cities and towns not the federal government.

Perhaps... They might just use contractors for the jobs cut.

I haven't done the math but i do NOT think that even with all those cuts mentioned those would amount to a $9 TRILLION in cuts..not even over ten years.

Show me the math.

I think this budget proposal promises far more than it delievers .

I thought I posted on another thread just like this one yesterday.

LOL And the day before and the day before and.... The tea party, a presumably rag tag bunch of patriots turned out to be the voice and the rich and the corporations. Odd that this disparate group seems so consistent? Or are they just puppets led by the nose by big money. Obviously the latter.

The end of American exceptionalism for sure. "We have to stop snuggling up to nostalgia, acknowledge that we have allowed a mighty country to be brought low and set a course to restitution. And that course is through hard work and tough choices. You choose greatness; it doesn’t choose you.

And that means that we must invest in our future. We must invest in our crumbling infrastructure. We must invest in the industries of the future. We must invest in a generation of foundering and forgotten children. We must invest in education. Cut-and-grow is ruinous mythology." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/o...erican-exceptionalism.html?src=me&ref=general

Key initiatives include:

Two questions:

1. Where are the defense cuts?

2. How many Americans would lose their jobs under this plan?

Euro turd seems to believe the way to cut our debt is to increase government spending.

Do these libturds posses a single functioning brain cell?

I thought I posted on another thread just like this one yesterday.

LOL And the day before and the day before and.... The tea party, a presumably rag tag bunch of patriots turned out to be the voice and the rich and the corporations. Odd that this disparate group seems so consistent? Or are they just puppets led by the nose by big money. Obviously the latter.

Cutting spending is doing the bidding of the rich? Only a sleazy statist demagogue would dare to utter such an idiocy. One thing all you turds make absolutely crystal clear is that you are unalterably opposed to any spending cuts, period.

The end of American exceptionalism for sure. "We have to stop snuggling up to nostalgia, acknowledge that we have allowed a mighty country to be brought low and set a course to restitution. And that course is through hard work and tough choices. You choose greatness; it doesn’t choose you.

When did the federal government ever cut spending? Can you name even one non-Defense program that has been cut? Where is this "snuggling up to nostalgia" occurring?

And that means that we must invest in our future. We must invest in our crumbling infrastructure. We must invest in the industries of the future. We must invest in a generation of foundering and forgotten children. We must invest in education. Cut-and-grow is ruinous mythology." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/o...erican-exceptionalism.html?src=me&ref=general

"Invest" is a leftwing euphemism meaning "flush taxpayer money down the welfare sewer."

Two questions:

Americans lose jobs and security with defense cuts.

defense_spending.jpg

I take it all the other nations in this chart must not have security.

Euro turd seems to believe the way to cut our debt is to increase government spending.

A good first step towards adulthood for you might be to learn to read.

Last edited:
Two questions:

Only tics on the ass of society would lose their jobs. They'll have to go out and get jobs where they actually produce something consumers want. How could any rational person object to that?

It could be, it depends on the services you provide. Investing in education and infrastructure will give larger incomes and be proffitable in the long-term.
You can’t live of cutting each others hair. EPA can give higher energy efficiency, less dependcy on foreign oil etc.

Like investing in more skilled labour,better infrastructure will be good things. Spenidng on military is a cost and causes debt and should be reduced with hundreds of billions.

High government spending is not equal to high debt, what’s matter is how and where in the government you spend them and what services the spending provides.

A good first step for you towards adulthood might be to learn to read.

You and euro turd should take your Thorazine. Perhaps you might be able to come to a logical conclusion if you didn't have those voices buzzing around in your head.

Cutting in government dosen’t mean cutting debt, that is totally wrong.
- euro turd -​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back