Tea Party Would Cut $9 Trillion

I read the thread title and I immediately wondered how many children and elderly and poor would be affected. Cause you always know the children are nearly the first to go on the chopping block.

Those are just the excuses the left use to tug on the heartstrings of the people to coerce us into shitty legislation, dont buy into it...it's fearmongering at best.

Don't buy into the actions already put forth by congress previously? Am I supposed to ignore what things have already been done, just plug my ears and pretend they never happened?

One thing we know beyond all doubt is that a liberal will never spend a dime of his own money on the people he claims to be so concerned about.

Bwahahaha. I spend both my money AND time on the people I'm so concerned about. I work at a non profit for very little money and it's very rewarding.

I guess that shoots your assessment out of the water.

Just think, if you weren't there and nobody else was, those people would have to actually help themselves and we would all be better off.
I believe in charity, but not to the point to where it makes people dependent on the charity and not on self reliance.

Oh those kids, so dependent on adults and PEOPLE AND CHARITY... NEED TO GET A FUCKING JOB!

Sounds like Bachmann is your woman.

Too bad the Super Committee wasn't made up pf TP officials...

Too bad no one trusts them to provide adult leadership on Washington. They are hystrionic charletons.

That's why their public approval rating is rock bottom.

Tea Party’s Approval Rating Drops To New Low – New Gallup Poll | The New Civil Rights Movement

Can someone say "flash in the pan"... those poor, poor Koch Brothers.... throwing all that money at something that MOST people have become to recognize for what they are... a Corporate sponsored propaganda machine.

Scoffing at Washington's troubled effort to cut just $1.2 trillion in federal debt over 10 years, the Tea Party's own debt commission today unveiled a shocking plan to slash nearly $10 trillion over the next decade, in part by eliminating several federal agencies, balancing the budget by 2015, and killing foreign aid to unfriendly nations.

"Go bold or go home," says the report from the Tea Party Debt Commission. "Are you listening, Washington?"

The FreedomWorks-led effort started months ago by asking Tea Party members for ideas on what to cut from the federal budget. They ended up going much further than Congress or the president wants.

Their plan would cut spending by $9.7 trillion, and shrink the federal government from 24 percent of GDP to 17.5 percent, in line with the post-war norm.

Key initiatives include:

1. Repealing the president's health care reform plan.
  2. Eliminating four cabinet agencies: Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Education, and reducing or privatizing the EPA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and TSA.
  3. Ending farm subsidies, foreign aid to unfriendly nations, and student loans, or what the Tea Party report called "luxuries we can no longer afford."
  4. Suspending pension contributions and cost of living adjustments to lawmakers when the budget is running a deficit.
  5. Killing all congressional earmarks.
  6. Cut federal employee pay by 10 percent and slash employee travel to $4 billion, half of what was spent in 2000.
  7. Make the Bush tax cuts and the alternative minimum tax permanent.

"Imagine a plan that cuts, caps, and balances federal spending without raising taxes; that gives future generations control over their own retirement security; and that lifts the massive debt burden from our children's shoulders so they can know the American dream of ever-higher freedom and prosperity. And on top of all that, imagine that it's a serious, credible, plan generated by the grassroots. This is that plan," said the report.

Exclusive: Tea Party Would Cut $9 Trillion - US News and World Report

Talk is cheap, you have to get it done through politics.

Only tics on the ass of society would lose their jobs. They'll have to go out and get jobs where they actually produce something consumers want. How could any rational person object to that?

Tics, eh? Are these people with muscle fasciculations? There's a huge difference between a tic and a tick. I'm going to assume that you are referring to the latter.

It's difficult to take someone seriously who calls a person who disagrees stupid, when the promoter doesn't know the difference between an arachnid and a neurological anomaly. FreedomWorks was my first clue to dismiss the plan.

That would be like the "left" promoting a plan from Soros.

Tic Douloureux?

I've seen one case of that in 15 years. The woman was grabbing her chin and her upper lip and screaming: "IT'S KILLING ME!". Weird. Have you seem many cases of that?

Scoffing at Washington's troubled effort to cut just $1.2 trillion in federal debt over 10 years, the Tea Party's own debt commission today unveiled a shocking plan to slash nearly $10 trillion over the next decade, in part by eliminating several federal agencies, balancing the budget by 2015, and killing foreign aid to unfriendly nations.

"Go bold or go home," says the report from the Tea Party Debt Commission. "Are you listening, Washington?"

The FreedomWorks-led effort started months ago by asking Tea Party members for ideas on what to cut from the federal budget. They ended up going much further than Congress or the president wants.

Their plan would cut spending by $9.7 trillion, and shrink the federal government from 24 percent of GDP to 17.5 percent, in line with the post-war norm.

Key initiatives include:

1. Repealing the president's health care reform plan.

I agree with this completely. ObamaCare is a POS (in my "Liberal" opinion) and in the 2000 pages, I've found only two positives: 1. eliminating the pre-existing condition clause so that people can change jobs or start their own businessesand 2. Covering kids through college. Other than that, it sucks balls IM"L"O.
  2. Eliminating four cabinet agencies: Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Education, and reducing or privatizing the EPA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and TSA.

This gets a little trickier as the law of unintended consequences comes into play. Eliminate the Energy department altogether? I could certianly see reducing it. Housing & Urban Dev? Probably. Commerce? I'd have a problem with this - at least several of the components of it. Education? Sure. It's a waste. EPA? This one I could see reducing. Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac? I'm surprised they don't want to just end the danm things and privatize them! I would. TSA. Again I agree.
    I would also include HSA. What was supposed to eliminate inter-agency rivalry, has ended up creating another bureauacracy to rival other agencies and drain the budget - in my "Liberal" opinion.

3. Ending farm subsidies, foreign aid to unfriendly nations, and student loans, or what the Tea Party report called "luxuries we can no longer afford."

I would end a LOT of farm subsidies - especially those paid for NOT growing crops. Don't know enough about the rest to comment. Foreign aid to unfriendly nations? This is a BIG Occupy position! So of course I agree! Student loans? Do we really want only the very wealthiest to have the opportunity to go to college? I might change how and to whom they're given, but considering it's such a small overall cost and is something I think is pretty important, I can't see just ending them.
  4. Suspending pension contributions and cost of living adjustments to lawmakers when the budget is running a deficit.

Completely agree!
  5. Killing all congressional earmarks.

Another position where OWS and the TP agree!
  6. Cut federal employee pay by 10 percent and slash employee travel to $4 billion, half of what was spent in 2000.

I think this would be accomplished by reducing the SIZE of government.
  7. Make the Bush tax cuts and the alternative minimum tax permanent.

Regardless of what Repblicans say, not once in history has cutting taxes ever resulted in increased revenues. There is no evidence to support any conclusion other than this would increase the deficit. None.

"Imagine a plan that cuts, caps, and balances federal spending without raising taxes; that gives future generations control over their own retirement security; and that lifts the massive debt burden from our children's shoulders so they can know the American dream of ever-higher freedom and prosperity. And on top of all that, imagine that it's a serious, credible, plan generated by the grassroots. This is that plan," said the report.

Exclusive: Tea Party Would Cut $9 Trillion - US News and World Report

A lot of good ideas and I agree with most of them. See, we Independents (Or "Liberals" as extreme Conservs call anyone disagreeing with them on anything) can have an open mind to good ideas and discuss issues directly.

I ahve several Tea Partier friends btw. Most of them speak more like this thread, than a lot of what I see on forums. Intelligent, well-reasoned and civil.

There IS no Tea Party, just the oldest, most demented, brainwashed, no compromise "un-American" (TIME) wing of the GOP. And that's saying something. LOL

I automatically assume everything liberals say is a lie. That's what the empirical evidence tells me.

No, that's what being a moron tells you. Assuming people are lying from the get-go.

What a total douche.

I live in Texas, SURROUNDED by conservatives every day. I don't automatically assume any of them are lying when I first talk with them. What a fucking assholish thing to do.

I don't assume it from the "get-go." I have observed that almost everything liberals say is a lie. Therefore, it's a safe assumption that any new thing they say is a lie. Using past experience as a guide is just plain common sense. Conservatives don't often lie, so it would be an asshole thing to assume they are lying. However, liberals almost always lie.

I automatically assume everything liberals say is a lie. That's what the empirical evidence tells me.

No, that's what being a moron tells you. Assuming people are lying from the get-go.

What a total douche.

I live in Texas, SURROUNDED by conservatives every day. I don't automatically assume any of them are lying when I first talk with them. What a fucking assholish thing to do.

I don't assume it from the "get-go." I have observed that almost everything liberals say is a lie. Therefore, it's a safe assumption that any new thing they say is a lie. Using past experience as a guide is just plain common sense. Conservatives don't often lie, so it would be an asshole thing to assume they are lying. However, liberals almost always lie.

What a bunch of bullshit. Oh.. let's see.. death panels, birthers, Muslims... etc... in fact... your whole damned platform is based on lies about people who don't subscribe to your line of thinking. Everyone who doesn't fit inside your little box is a Marxist, unemployed and collecting welfare off of the government tit.

Your side is the MOST dishonest of the bunch. Are Dems saints? hell no... but to pretend that your side is lily white is just more of the same lies.

What a total douche.

Must be awful living such a distrustful life as a giant douche.

Nobody ever says you have to take people at their word all the time, but it's certainly a worse thing to assume a specific group that differs from you politically is dishonest as a fault.

Last edited:

Liberals all should know.

Nobody ever says you have to take people at their word all the time, but it's certainly a worse thing to assume a specific group that differs from you politically is dishonest as a fault.

I don't assume liberals are liars. I know it. I've been watching politics for a long time, and the one thing that has become obvious is that liberal inability to tell the truth. Every argument they use is a lie and a con. Liberalism is nothing more than a huge con.

Tics, eh? Are these people with muscle fasciculations? There's a huge difference between a tic and a tick. I'm going to assume that you are referring to the latter.

It's difficult to take someone seriously who calls a person who disagrees stupid, when the promoter doesn't know the difference between an arachnid and a neurological anomaly. FreedomWorks was my first clue to dismiss the plan.

That would be like the "left" promoting a plan from Soros.

Tic Douloureux?

I've seen one case of that in 15 years. The woman was grabbing her chin and her upper lip and screaming: "IT'S KILLING ME!". Weird. Have you seem many cases of that?

I think a couple if i remember correctly.

I just want to see how the whole "ending student loans" venture goes.

That will be massively popular among Americans, I am sure.

Furthermore, I am curious as to what the logic is over the issue. College degrees are value added and student loans are paid back to the government. I mean, that is one of the few government programs where the government is paid back.

Liberals all should know.

I don't assume liberals are liars. I know it. I've been watching politics for a long time, and the one thing that has become obvious is that liberal inability to tell the truth. Every argument they use is a lie and a con. Liberalism is nothing more than a huge con.

Liar.

What a total douche.

He's here just to get the attention he cannot garner in real life. Which is why he's in 100% attack mode.

Watch this:

Forum List

Back