Tea Party tries to rewrite history?

who is it that fights to strip our schools on money evey chance they get?

Any money for schools the right calls "throwing money at the problem"
Who is it that fights to increase their funding despite becoming worse and worse with every year?

I asked first

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. You should aspire to be as smart as a non-working clock.

My inquiry = 76
Your inquiry = 90

Please do spin and tell me how I am wrong....

or is this where you pretend to not actually see a post?

TM: Here is one of the problems conservatives have with the system:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/05...-finalist.html

The Cobb County, Ga., school board announced Thursday night that Dallas Superintendent Michael Hinojosa is their lone finalist for their superintendent's vacancy.

Georgia state law requires a 14-day public comment period before the school board can finalize the hiring.

Hinojosa would be leaving a $328,000-a-year job that he has held for six years for one The Dallas Morning News reports has paid a $208,000-a-year base salary.

http://parentadvocates.org/niceconte...articleID=3860

Dr. Mike Moses resigned from the Dallas ISD superintendent's job after July 1, 2004. Undoubtedly he chose that date because of the retirement benefits he will receive. In Texas an educator's retirement benefits are figured on his top three years of service. In this case, Moses' top three years were as the superintendent of the Dallas ISD. (His salary was the highest superintendent's salary in the nation even though there were eleven school districts in the country which were bigger than Dallas ISD.) Moses' retirement benefits will amount to approximately $224,400 per year for the rest of his life.

Are these people in it for the life long cash payout, or for the kids' sake?

How can you support this? When they retire, the positions must be filled, those people will retire, and on and on. How many "educators" do you think taxpayers must fund for over a quarter of a million plus a year for life?

Who decides these salaries?

Local governments

Work within your county system to end this.

Get involved with you local school board and change it.

Now did you ever answer the poster who asked you for PROOF before you posted this?

please direct me to the post where you answered him with FACTS to back your claim all working women were tricked by feminists to work?

they have thrown billions of dollars at it out here in California.....and yet this State has gone from no. 4 in 68 to i heard no. 48 the other day....money has helped out here......

`Liberated' women fight stigma of educated homemaker
Maybe in the grand scheme of things, staying home to read ``Pat the Bunny'' or to wipe a runny little nose actually is more important than scaling the heights of the corporate ladder. I'm not saying women must stake out a place in their kitchens and never leave. But those who choose to do so deserve respect for the awesome task they undertake. Before they can gain that respect, we need to recognize the chains that now bind this ``liberated'' woman.

Too many tired cliches about women in kitchens have taken hold of the subject and have created a view of motherhood as a curse lurking in the dark corners of the future, waiting to demolish a lifetime of carefully laid career plans. It seems as if a ``liberated'' woman who decides to assume traditional family roles is somehow betraying the cause of equality for all women; ``liberated'' women should know that their place is no longer in the home and they should do everything possible to make a woman's place anywhere and everywhere else.
`Liberated' women fight stigma of educated homemaker | The Chronicle

“The reference to housewife was just too embarrassing,” said the feminist economist Charlotte Koren of the Norwegian Institute of Social Research, a former member and mother of two.

When it is no longer socially acceptable to be a housewife — or homemaker, in modern American parlance — has feminism overshot its objective?
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/21/w...ER.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=housewife stigma&st=cse

Glen Beck has praised the center’s founder, W. Cleon Skousen (b. 1913-d. 2006), who in the past made outrageous claims about American slave children being freer than white non-slave children and once called Jamestown’s original settlers “communists.”

“It’s indoctrination, not education. They’re so far from the mainstream of constitutional thought that they are completely indefensible,” said Doug Kendall, director of the Constitutional Accountability Center in Washington, D.C

good for Glen fucking Beck.....now who the hell cares what he says?....he is a fucking talking head Tm.....geezus.....

Who is it that claims people who want competition and accountability in gubmint schools "hate education"?

Idjit.

That really takes the cake.

And it usually means that the communities that really need the funding..doesn't get it.

Which perpetuates the cycle of poverty...forever.

your right Sallow....and that goes on out here in my State.....now, who is responsible for that?.......

TM: Here is one of the problems conservatives have with the system:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/05...-finalist.html

The Cobb County, Ga., school board announced Thursday night that Dallas Superintendent Michael Hinojosa is their lone finalist for their superintendent's vacancy.

Georgia state law requires a 14-day public comment period before the school board can finalize the hiring.

Hinojosa would be leaving a $328,000-a-year job that he has held for six years for one The Dallas Morning News reports has paid a $208,000-a-year base salary.

http://parentadvocates.org/niceconte...articleID=3860

Dr. Mike Moses resigned from the Dallas ISD superintendent's job after July 1, 2004. Undoubtedly he chose that date because of the retirement benefits he will receive. In Texas an educator's retirement benefits are figured on his top three years of service. In this case, Moses' top three years were as the superintendent of the Dallas ISD. (His salary was the highest superintendent's salary in the nation even though there were eleven school districts in the country which were bigger than Dallas ISD.) Moses' retirement benefits will amount to approximately $224,400 per year for the rest of his life.

Are these people in it for the life long cash payout, or for the kids' sake?

How can you support this? When they retire, the positions must be filled, those people will retire, and on and on. How many "educators" do you think taxpayers must fund for over a quarter of a million plus a year for life?

Who decides these salaries?

Local governments

Work within your county system to end this.

Get involved with you local school board and change it.

Now did you ever answer the poster who asked you for PROOF before you posted this?

please direct me to the post where you answered him with FACTS to back your claim all working women were tricked by feminists to work?

You truly are a disingenuous liar.

I did not say all, I said many. I even bolded it for you knowing you to be a hack.

ETA: And I didn't say tricked, I stated shamed, which are two totally different things, although I don't think you are smart enough to differentiate between them.

Just like YOU broadbrush people today, that is how the feminazis broadbrushed women that weren't on board with their thinking in the '70s.

That you are blind partisan hack is really not my problem, however. You are seriously too partisan to have any sort of an open mind....which (psst) is supposed to be the cornerstone of liberalism.

Modern liberalism....open to all ideas as long as they are shared viewpoints of liberals.

Dates back decades.

Last edited:
Maybe in the grand scheme of things, staying home to read ``Pat the Bunny'' or to wipe a runny little nose actually is more important than scaling the heights of the corporate ladder. I'm not saying women must stake out a place in their kitchens and never leave. But those who choose to do so deserve respect for the awesome task they undertake. Before they can gain that respect, we need to recognize the chains that now bind this ``liberated'' woman.

Too many tired cliches about women in kitchens have taken hold of the subject and have created a view of motherhood as a curse lurking in the dark corners of the future, waiting to demolish a lifetime of carefully laid career plans. It seems as if a ``liberated'' woman who decides to assume traditional family roles is somehow betraying the cause of equality for all women; ``liberated'' women should know that their place is no longer in the home and they should do everything possible to make a woman's place anywhere and everywhere else.

“The reference to housewife was just too embarrassing,” said the feminist economist Charlotte Koren of the Norwegian Institute of Social Research, a former member and mother of two.

When it is no longer socially acceptable to be a housewife — or homemaker, in modern American parlance — has feminism overshot its objective?
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/21/w...ER.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=housewife stigma&st=cse

this is not a study is it , its a couple of personal stories and a littl talk about how todays housewifes feel about staying home.

It in no way proves that the majority of women feel forced to work by feminists.

Guess what these women stayed home out of choice and NOT relegated to no choice but to stay home like the vast majority of women in the past.

Choices have consequences but at least they all have a choice now huh?

BTW , I was a stay at home mom by choice.

The Stigma of Being a Housewife - NYTimes.com

this is not a study is it , its a couple of personal stories and a littl talk about how todays housewifes feel about staying home.

It in no way proves that the majority of women feel forced to work by feminists.

Guess what these women stayed home out of choice and NOT relegated to no choice but to stay home like the vast majority of women in the past.

Choices have consequences but at least they all have a choice now huh?

BTW , I was a stay at home mom by choice.

want to prove to me you live in reality?

I have a guestion for you to show if you are willing to live in reality

And who is it that year after year after year after year throws more money at a school system that year after year after year after year get progressively worse, and then claims that what they are doing is working and they just need more money to make it all better?

:eusa_drool:

welcome to California.....

That really takes the cake.

And it usually means that the communities that really need the funding..doesn't get it.

Which perpetuates the cycle of poverty...forever.
We've thrown over $7 trillion a the "cycle of poverty" since LBJ's idiotic Great Society debacle, yet poverty and lack are as bad as ever!

As though that's supposed to be evidence that we need even more of what has clearly failed?

Speaking of taking the cake....:lol:

votedemcopygi4.jpg

Dave....some Republicans are not to keen on history themselves.....:eusa_eh:

You forget there are more minorities and women that make up this country than people who share your outdated opinions about people deciding for them selves what their lives should be.
The idea that people should decide for themselves what their lives should be is outdated?!

You just revealed a great deal about yourself. And none of it's flattering.

You noticed that too, huh?

So, now we know the mindset of the left. They really do hate the Constitution. Hmmmm, that 'right to bear arms' is looking pretty damned useful.

thats not the mindset of the left.....just the lefties like .....you guessed it.....:eusa_angel:

Actually, it doesn't. The liberal response to an issue is to throw more money at it. It is not the lack of funding that perpetuates poverty. It is throwing yet more money at it that actually does the damage. Money does not cure poverty. Education - properly targeted - does.

It is the principle of 'buy a man a fish and feed him for a day' over 'teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime'.

Same principle, different problem. Want proof? Look at Europe, where they have tried the 'throw money at it' for decades. What have they achieved? A generation who thinks they are entitled to welfare and handouts. Do we really want to do that kind of damage to our own citizens?

Several overly simplistic points with a cliche in it does not a valid response make.

And when "looking" at Europe..which Europe?

Europeans from France, Germany and England are some of the hardest working indivduals on the planet. Greece? Not so much.

France, Germany and England are some of the what? :lol::lol::lol: Yea... right. I know at least two of those countries very, very well... and I am fond of both... but 'the hardest working'? That's just not true.

What I said is backed up by evidence. EU countries are desperately scrabbling to get away from the welfare mentality that has become ingrained in their cultures. Britain's welfare state has all but collapsed... and the IMF agrees that the British coalition government's austerity measures are vital to save their economy.

Actually..it's the austerity measures that are killing their economy. Big time.

Forum List

Back