Tea Party tries to rewrite history?

The kids are struggling because our Progressive Educational system makes sure they stay uninformed

• Banned
who is it that fights to strip our schools on money evey chance they get?

Any money for schools the right calls "throwing money at the problem"

I read the link in it's entirety and saw nothing whasoever about rewriting the constitution.

The sad fact is that a sizeable number of Americans do not know the history of their own country. I've seen many from both the left and right make erroneous statements, and both sides are actively trying to shall we say manipulate the ecucation system to their own agendas. This isn't really a partisan issue, it's a national one, basically our education system sucks. And yes, throwing money at it does not help. We've been doing that for what 30-40 years and our kids are no better educated relative to the rest of the world.

• Banned
Glen Beck has praised the center’s founder, W. Cleon Skousen (b. 1913-d. 2006), who in the past made outrageous claims about American slave children being freer than white non-slave children and once called Jamestown’s original settlers “communists.”

“It’s indoctrination, not education. They’re so far from the mainstream of constitutional thought that they are completely indefensible,” said Doug Kendall, director of the Constitutional Accountability Center in Washington, D.C

Who is it that claims people who want competition and accountability in gubmint schools "hate education"?

Idjit.

That really takes the cake.

And it usually means that the communities that really need the funding..doesn't get it.

Which perpetuates the cycle of poverty...forever.

This is typical of conservative reactionaryism: unhappy and fearful of the present and future they attempt to recreate and hide in the past.

We cannot let our history be rewritten along partisan lines. It will come at the cost of our nation’s children understanding of their country’s past. In the end, the actions of Tea Party activists show that they are seeking to distort the very same document they claim to be protecting.

There can’t be an understanding of the Constitution and its meaning without studying the Supreme Court rulings that interpret and define the actual meaning of the Constitution.

What’s remarkable about the TPM is they ‘teach’ the Constitution as if Marbury and the subsequent 200 years of Constitutional case law never happened. Consequently they ‘teach’ an inaccurate version of the Founding Document, an ‘understanding’ that conforms to partisan politics, not the law.

I read the link in it's entirety and saw nothing whasoever about rewriting the constitution.

The sad fact is that a sizeable number of Americans do not know the history of their own country. I've seen many from both the left and right make erroneous statements, and both sides are actively trying to shall we say manipulate the ecucation system to their own agendas. This isn't really a partisan issue, it's a national one, basically our education system sucks. And yes, throwing money at it does not help. We've been doing that for what 30-40 years and our kids are no better educated relative to the rest of the world.

Using what metric, exactly?

spot on Mr Jones.

They live in a fantasy world and want their history retooled to fit their fantasy world

Who is it that claims people who want competition and accountability in gubmint schools "hate education"?

Idjit.

That really takes the cake.

And it usually means that the communities that really need the funding..doesn't get it.

Which perpetuates the cycle of poverty...forever.

Actually, it doesn't. The liberal response to an issue is to throw more money at it. It is not the lack of funding that perpetuates poverty. It is throwing yet more money at it that actually does the damage. Money does not cure poverty. Education - properly targeted - does.

It is the principle of 'buy a man a fish and feed him for a day' over 'teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime'.

Same principle, different problem. Want proof? Look at Europe, where they have tried the 'throw money at it' for decades. What have they achieved? A generation who thinks they are entitled to welfare and handouts. Do we really want to do that kind of damage to our own citizens?

The left rewrite history and the septic tank brain of TruthDon'tMatter high fives them.

Partisan hack.

Good afternoon sunshine.

Remember to take your vitamins.

They will keep your mind and body sharp.

Worry more about your own mental agility, septic. You're the one who needs to exercise whatever modicum of intellect may have survived the shit you keep piling into your head. Mind your own fucking business about my life.

Hack.

The left rewrite history and the septic tank brain of TruthDon'tMatter high fives them.

Partisan hack.

Good afternoon sunshine.

Worry more about your own mental agility, septic. You're the one who needs to exercise whatever modicum of intellect may have survived the shit you keep piling into your head. Mind your own fucking business about my life. Hack.

You still haven't gotten over yourself??? Nobody cares about your boring life.

U.S. Falls In World Education Rankings, Rated 'Average'

Even that shit stain of a site knows our education sucks.

There is very little true history taught or FDR's reign would be listed as a warning to future generations of tyranny.

Good afternoon sunshine.

Worry more about your own mental agility, septic. You're the one who needs to exercise whatever modicum of intellect may have survived the shit you keep piling into your head. Mind your own fucking business about my life. Hack.

You still haven't gotten over yourself??? Nobody cares about your boring life.

Fuck off, fat girl.

U.S. Falls In World Education Rankings, Rated 'Average'

Even that shit stain of a site knows our education sucks.

There is very little true history taught or FDR's reign would be listed as a warning to future generations of tyranny.

Your own article says "Average". But this is why I asked about which metric. Which country would you compare with this one? In terms of immigration..the only one that even comes close is France. And even then..they don't have the sort of immigration we did and do. Additionally..they didn't have a slave trade which mutated into a sort of aparthied up until the 1960s or so..which was a big factor in perpetuating the type of poverty we have today.

Given the circumstances and challenges the education system has to deal with in this country..it's fared pretty well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back