Tea Party .. Sell outs?

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Lumpy 1, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    I tend to think the Tea Party candidates will eventually sell out over time, if their in Washington long enough.... but I think they will be fairly firm over the next 2 years..

------------------------:confused:

Most Tea Party members view the candidates they elected in November as agents of change from government business as usual, but non-members are a lot more skeptical.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone poll finds that only 34% of all Likely U.S. Voters think Tea Party candidates elected in November will remain true to their beliefs. A plurality (46%) says they will become just like other politicians. Twenty percent (20%) aren’t sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

But among those who identify themselves as members of the Tea Party, 77% say the candidates they elected will remain true to their beliefs, and just 13% disagree.

But, among those with no ties to the Tea Party Movement, 61% believe Tea Party candidates elected last month will become just like other politicians. Twenty-one percent (21%) of this group think those candidates will stick to their beliefs, and 18% are undecided.

Most Tea Party Members Think Those They Elected Won?t Sell Out, Others Aren?t So Sure - Rasmussen Reports

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    The have not even been sworn in yet. Relax.

3. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    I have a comment on the TP and the 'fear' that they will begin to raise social issues and lose their appeal to indys/mod dems etc.....why is it when the dems bring up DADT or Dream act etc. its all cool with the msm, but if the TP were to bring up oh, abortion they would be painted as a bunch of evil cons?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  4. Lumpy 1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    Too late.. I'm already there..:lol:

5. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,958
    Being a conservitive and a tea party supporter id like to think it wont happen.......but it wouldnt suprize me.
    How to stop power from corrupting is the big prob. Checks and balences wont help with that.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    If those involved and those in agreement with them keep paying attention, it won't matter what those in Washington may want; they will either tow the line or they will be voted out.

If you've been paying attention in the last week, saw this in action with the omnibus spending bill. Those GOP folks that thought, 'the election's over, back to pork,' got a rude awakening and had to kill that bill.

7. Lumpy 1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    You are so right.

I'd like to believe there was some trickery on the Democrat side to see if the Republicans would take the bait. I'm glad they didn't...

8. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    I still remember the foul stench that the republican *gag* "revolutionaries" emitted, when push came to shove back in 1995. I also remember that Boehner came down on the side of Newt Gingwad and the rest of the DC neocon insider establishment, when the likes of Paxon and Armey attempted to overthrow them.

My expectations are extremely low, therefore my disappointment factor is accordingly so.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  9. Lumpy 1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    Sounds like wisdom... yup

10. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,217
    They will become Hypocrites, just like their GOP brothers. They will sell out to special interest and who ever drops the biggest check on them. It is but a matter of time.