For my fellow Pennsylvania RIGHTists!

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by (R)IGHTeous 1, Dec 26, 2010.

1. (R)IGHTeous 1

(R)IGHTeous 1 GOPROUD

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I see my county gets an honorable mention.:cool:

2010 Newsmaker of the Year: The Tea Party
    By JEFF FRANTZ, The Patriot-News

Welcome to the political science lab, Pennsylvania.

We are now seeing what happens every few decades in American politics: The rise of a movement filled with people who consider themselves ignored, unheard and, worst of all, unrepresented in the highest and lowest levels of government.

They were the federalists, the anti-federalists, the abolitionists, the populists, the progressives, the suffragettes, the Dixiecrats, the religious right.

And now, perhaps, the tea party movement.

In 2010, this loose coalition held together by a belief in limited government and fiscal restraint has become a powerful political force.

For its role in so many conversations about our state and nation, The Patriot-News recognizes the tea party as its 2010 Newsmaker of the Year.

Republicans say the tea party fueled their takeover of the U.S. House.

U.S. Senator-elect Pat Toomey, though not formally a tea party member, has been called one of the founding intellectuals behind the entire movement.

Scores of tea party groups, allied but not unified, have sprung up across Pennsylvania — a handful in Harrisburg, three in York County, three in Berks County, two in Franklin County, at least six in Pittsburgh, more than 10 in Philadelphia. They rallied on the Capitol steps and in town squares across the state.

Without their enthusiasm, analysts say, it’s unlikely that Toomey — a man Rick Santorum once called “too conservative for Pennsylvania” — would have been elected.

Governor-elect Tom Corbett, though in many ways a traditional Republican, was singing the tea party’s song when he pledged not to raise taxes or fees. The boost in support for Republican candidates also delivered the state House.

In fact, nearly every person running for major political office in Pennsylvania in 2010 had to paid some deference to groups that barely existed at this time last year.

And yet, on the eve of 2011, we are living with an experiment, waiting to see where the movement goes.

2010 Newsmaker of the Year: The Tea Party | PennLive.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Cain

Cain Air Force DEP

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I am a member of the Tea Party too lol. I have heard a lot of stuff about the Party, but what I heard at our meeting was a lot better then what the Republicans basically said. Tea Party is really working hard to get organized in Tennessee. I cannot wait till the next meeting, I met a lot of really good people their. I met some of the most politically knowing people ever there.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    What will Toomey do for PA?

4. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    Yeah.....let's HEAR IT, for the Stone Age!!!!

Back, when Bill Clinton was running for the Presidency, James Carville (Clinton's campaign-manager) described Pennsylvania as being....Pittsburgh....and, Philadelphia....with Alabama, in-between.....and, he was absolutely-CORRECT!!! Too-many long-time PA-residents pride themselves on their ignorance!!! (...So, their evolution to being 'Baggers is hardly any kind o' change, for them. :rolleyes: )

Long-time/life-time PA residents like to say "This is the way my family's ALWAYS done it....and, so will I!!!" They're (typically) culturally lazy-as-Hell (i.e. "conservative"). They resist any-and-all change (as being unnecessary)....'cause they're too-damned-lazy to accept change.

When Gov. Ed Rendell suggested a Black Presidential-candidate might not garner a majority-vote, in PA....and, all "conservatives" went ballistic....I recognized the "conservatives'" ire as being bullshit, immediately!!! Racism & lying seem to manage that "magical"-link....no matter where you go.

People, in this state (and, my reference is primarily Central-PA, where I live....Northern Central, to be specific) whine & moan & complain about high-taxes....and, it's their OWN, FUCKIN' FAULT!!! Our taxes are so HIGH, because....our infrastructure is goin'-to-SHIT....'cause most-of-it is so fuckin' OLD....and, no reasonable/progressive-person wants STAY here, and pay to FIX IT!!! Most younger-people (who have ANY sense of progress) take their education and HEAD WEST....where the REAL money is!!!!!

Our present financial-situation is a DIRECT-RESULT of Pennsylvania-Think; we're backwards & we LIKE-it-that-way!!!!!

Hell.....what younger/progressive-person....with any sense of pioneering....would WANT to live here??!!!! PA is hardly a hot-bed of intellectual-stimulation!!!!!

5. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,342
    Go to China and bring back all those good paying union jobs in industry that used to be the heart and soul of Pennsylvania?

lol

6. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    ....As-long-as any-and-all specificity is AVOIDED!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevga9jUC48&feature=channel[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Mjkj40lZE&feature=related[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyT_M3aEJKc&feature=related[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

7. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    Let's not go overboard here. :lol:

I'd be happy enough with somebody willing to stop the bleed of what we have left. 20%+ unemployment in my little PA county, and they're more concerned about making a show of reading the constitution into the record than getting our jobs back.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

8. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    Exactly!!!!!!!

He'll tap-dance around what really needs to be done.....and, "conservatives" will more-than-likely enable him (to avoid any-and-all o' those scary-changes, in their lives)....just like they did with George Bush.​

9. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    Bingo!!!!!!

I always enjoyed this documentary; Steeler Nation.

What it demonstrates is what I'D experienced; personally.

They say that Steelers Fans "travel, well". The fact IS....when the steel-industry (and, industry, in-general) started dying-off, in PA....those folks who had a genuine sense of pioneering/challenge...SPLIT, from PA!!!!

The people, left-behind (i.e. present-day 'Baggers & spawn-of), were the ones scared-SHITLESS of change/challenge!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM9Obe7DLW0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7vAPzVmOCg[/ame]​

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  10. (R)IGHTeous 1

(R)IGHTeous 1 GOPROUD

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Fiscal sanity, work against the genocide known as abortion, etc.