For my fellow Pennsylvania RIGHTists!

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
I see my county gets an honorable mention.:cool:

2010 Newsmaker of the Year: The Tea Party
By JEFF FRANTZ, The Patriot-News

Welcome to the political science lab, Pennsylvania.

We are now seeing what happens every few decades in American politics: The rise of a movement filled with people who consider themselves ignored, unheard and, worst of all, unrepresented in the highest and lowest levels of government.

They were the federalists, the anti-federalists, the abolitionists, the populists, the progressives, the suffragettes, the Dixiecrats, the religious right.

And now, perhaps, the tea party movement.

In 2010, this loose coalition held together by a belief in limited government and fiscal restraint has become a powerful political force.

For its role in so many conversations about our state and nation, The Patriot-News recognizes the tea party as its 2010 Newsmaker of the Year.

Republicans say the tea party fueled their takeover of the U.S. House.

U.S. Senator-elect Pat Toomey, though not formally a tea party member, has been called one of the founding intellectuals behind the entire movement.

Scores of tea party groups, allied but not unified, have sprung up across Pennsylvania — a handful in Harrisburg, three in York County, three in Berks County, two in Franklin County, at least six in Pittsburgh, more than 10 in Philadelphia. They rallied on the Capitol steps and in town squares across the state.

Without their enthusiasm, analysts say, it’s unlikely that Toomey — a man Rick Santorum once called “too conservative for Pennsylvania” — would have been elected.

Governor-elect Tom Corbett, though in many ways a traditional Republican, was singing the tea party’s song when he pledged not to raise taxes or fees. The boost in support for Republican candidates also delivered the state House.

In fact, nearly every person running for major political office in Pennsylvania in 2010 had to paid some deference to groups that barely existed at this time last year.

And yet, on the eve of 2011, we are living with an experiment, waiting to see where the movement goes.

2010 Newsmaker of the Year: The Tea Party | PennLive.com

I am a member of the Tea Party too lol. I have heard a lot of stuff about the Party, but what I heard at our meeting was a lot better then what the Republicans basically said. Tea Party is really working hard to get organized in Tennessee. I cannot wait till the next meeting, I met a lot of really good people their. I met some of the most politically knowing people ever there.

I see my county gets an honorable mention.:cool:

2010 Newsmaker of the Year: The Tea Party
By JEFF FRANTZ, The Patriot-News

Welcome to the political science lab, Pennsylvania.

We are now seeing what happens every few decades in American politics: The rise of a movement filled with people who consider themselves ignored, unheard and, worst of all, unrepresented in the highest and lowest levels of government.

They were the federalists, the anti-federalists, the abolitionists, the populists, the progressives, the suffragettes, the Dixiecrats, the religious right.

And now, perhaps, the tea party movement.
Yeah.....let's HEAR IT, for the Stone Age!!!!

Back, when Bill Clinton was running for the Presidency, James Carville (Clinton's campaign-manager) described Pennsylvania as being....Pittsburgh....and, Philadelphia....with Alabama, in-between.....and, he was absolutely-CORRECT!!! Too-many long-time PA-residents pride themselves on their ignorance!!! (...So, their evolution to being 'Baggers is hardly any kind o' change, for them. :rolleyes: )

Long-time/life-time PA residents like to say "This is the way my family's ALWAYS done it....and, so will I!!!" They're (typically) culturally lazy-as-Hell (i.e. "conservative"). They resist any-and-all change (as being unnecessary)....'cause they're too-damned-lazy to accept change.

When Gov. Ed Rendell suggested a Black Presidential-candidate might not garner a majority-vote, in PA....and, all "conservatives" went ballistic....I recognized the "conservatives'" ire as being bullshit, immediately!!! Racism & lying seem to manage that "magical"-link....no matter where you go.

People, in this state (and, my reference is primarily Central-PA, where I live....Northern Central, to be specific) whine & moan & complain about high-taxes....and, it's their OWN, FUCKIN' FAULT!!! Our taxes are so HIGH, because....our infrastructure is goin'-to-SHIT....'cause most-of-it is so fuckin' OLD....and, no reasonable/progressive-person wants STAY here, and pay to FIX IT!!! Most younger-people (who have ANY sense of progress) take their education and HEAD WEST....where the REAL money is!!!!!

Our present financial-situation is a DIRECT-RESULT of Pennsylvania-Think; we're backwards & we LIKE-it-that-way!!!!!

Hell.....what younger/progressive-person....with any sense of pioneering....would WANT to live here??!!!! PA is hardly a hot-bed of intellectual-stimulation!!!!!

I am a member of the Tea Party too lol. I have heard a lot of stuff about the Party, but what I heard at our meeting was a lot better then what the Republicans basically said. Tea Party is really working hard to get organized in Tennessee. I cannot wait till the next meeting, I met a lot of really good people their. I met some of the most politically knowing people ever there.
....As-long-as any-and-all specificity is AVOIDED!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevga9jUC48&feature=channel[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Mjkj40lZE&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyT_M3aEJKc&feature=related[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

What will Toomey do for PA?

Go to China and bring back all those good paying union jobs in industry that used to be the heart and soul of Pennsylvania?

lol

Let's not go overboard here. :lol:

I'd be happy enough with somebody willing to stop the bleed of what we have left. 20%+ unemployment in my little PA county, and they're more concerned about making a show of reading the constitution into the record than getting our jobs back.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Go to China and bring back all those good paying union jobs in industry that used to be the heart and soul of Pennsylvania?

lol
Exactly!!!!!!!

He'll tap-dance around what really needs to be done.....and, "conservatives" will more-than-likely enable him (to avoid any-and-all o' those scary-changes, in their lives)....just like they did with George Bush.​

lol

Let's not go overboard here. :lol:

I'd be happy enough with somebody willing to stop the bleed of what we have left. 20%+ unemployment in my little PA county, and they're more concerned about making a show of reading the constitution into the record than getting our jobs back.
Bingo!!!!!!

I always enjoyed this documentary; Steeler Nation.

What it demonstrates is what I'D experienced; personally.

They say that Steelers Fans "travel, well". The fact IS....when the steel-industry (and, industry, in-general) started dying-off, in PA....those folks who had a genuine sense of pioneering/challenge...SPLIT, from PA!!!!

The people, left-behind (i.e. present-day 'Baggers & spawn-of), were the ones scared-SHITLESS of change/challenge!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM9Obe7DLW0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7vAPzVmOCg[/ame]​

Last edited:
Is there a way to put certain members on ignore so that I won't even see their posts?

Sheman's multi-colored moronic posts give me a migraine just scanning past them.

Is there a way to put certain members on ignore so that I won't even see their posts?

Sheman's multi-colored moronic posts give me a migraine just scanning past them.

Go to your control panel.

Click on Edit Ignore List.

Type his name in the "Add a member to your list" field, then click the "Okay" button.

Just like I did when I got tired of seeing the multi-colored mumbo-jumbo.

You'll be surprised how quickly your eyes will stop hurting.

Go to your control panel.

Click on Edit Ignore List.

Type his name in the "Add a member to your list" field, then click the "Okay" button.

Just like I did when I got tired of seeing the multi-colored mumbo-jumbo.

You'll be surprised how quickly your eyes will stop hurting.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Fiscal sanity, work against the genocide known as abortion, etc.

Nice bumper sticker. But it doesn't answer the question.

Let's start with the term "fiscal sanity". What exactly do you mean by that, how exactly will he work for it, and how will his efforts benefit Pennsylvania? Being in the godforsaken shithole that is Reading you should have some clue how depressed most of this State is and what people are going through with their jobs being exported left and right.

If you have an actual answer that wouldn't fit on a postage stamp, I'd be interested in hearing it. It would be a first from anyone on or off this board.

Let's start with the term "fiscal sanity". What exactly do you mean by that, how exactly will he work for it, and how will his efforts benefit Pennsylvania? Being in the godforsaken shithole that is Reading you should have some clue how depressed most of this State is and what people are going through with their jobs being exported left and right.

If you have an actual answer that wouldn't fit on a postage stamp, I'd be interested in hearing it. It would be a first from anyone on or off this board.

You're right, Reading is sadly that shithole you speak, thanks to lefty governing. It aint always used to be like this tho. Used to actually be prosperous, it was a railroad hub back when that industry thrived statewide. But then it went bottom up, and so, gradually did this city when property values nose dived, jobs left, etc.

That said tho, I want him to work for keep the Bush Tax Cuts, which has benefited all Pennsylvanians. I want him to work to end the outsourcing of ANY PA jobs to ANYWHERE ELSE.

I want him to be a voice for the rural, agricultural middle of PA, not just Philly and Pittsburgh, but he is from the middle I speak of, as am I.

Does that answer your question? Or do you want more examples?

Where do you live?

........work against the genocide known as abortion......
.....With bombers & sharp-shooters; aka terrorism.

:cuckoo:

There's a good reason you're now on my pwned belt. Moronic, sad, spam like this is yet another.
Get yourself a dictionary, Skippy. :rolleyes:

spam: unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses

Go find someone's else thread to drag down with your low IQ, k?

You should be a little-more concerned with your masochistic-nature.....​

"The majority of anti-abortion violence has been committed in the United States of America."

You're right, Reading is sadly that shithole you speak, thanks to lefty governing. It aint always used to be like this tho. Used to actually be prosperous, it was a railroad hub back when that industry thrived statewide. But then it went bottom up, and so, gradually did this city when property values nose dived, jobs left, etc.

That said tho, I want him to work for keep the Bush Tax Cuts, which has benefited all Pennsylvanians. I want him to work to end the outsourcing of ANY PA jobs to ANYWHERE ELSE.

I want him to be a voice for the rural, agricultural middle of PA, not just Philly and Pittsburgh, but he is from the middle I speak of, as am I.

Does that answer your question? Or do you want more examples?

Where do you live?

I know Reading and its history pretty well, and most of the rest of your region too. It's a hillbilly thing. ;)

The railroads servicing the steel mills and coal mines have been gone a long time, as have the canals. Nothing in your neck of the woods has arisen to take their place. I'm in the agricultural, rural middle of the state where mining died, then transportation died, then textiles died, and the last of the industries mostly closed their doors one after another over the last 3 years. Truck and dairy farming ain't what it used to be as far as family income either.

What I want to know isn't the history of the long slow Ag and Rust Belt decline over the last 40-50 years in most of the state or to blame it on one party, both parties have catered to the money and votes in the cities and ignored the rest of us. What I want to know is what Toomey or any of the others plan to do as a voice to make it better. Plans, strategies, goals, real policy proposals....we hear all kinds of bumper sticker bs, but when it comes right down to it what if anything do we have from these folks that's concrete? They ALL pay occasional lip service and then vote party line. Who gives a fuck about party when there are no jobs?

So...you're championing Toomey. Personally I see him as Santorum Lite, and remember his days as a straight religious righty wedge issue culture warrior before his businesses failed and he was steered into Club for Growth to be remade as a fiscal con. For the record, I didn't like Sestak either. Just another party line hack IMO. I prefer a "leader" who's at least shaken hands at some point with an independent thought - something severely lacking in the 2012 elections on both sides of the aisle.

But you seem to like the guy, so what exactly has he proposed to help PA that gives you a basis for your faith in him? 'Cuz I've heard nuttin' but slogans.

Forum List

Back