Tea Party or Main Street: Who Rules?

The richest 1% of Americans have increased their "fair" share of national wealth by ten percent since 1979.

They accomplished this feat primarily by bribing Republicans AND Democrats to write favorable tax policy.

Are they expecting too much from government?

Or not enough?

Government is NOT giving them money. They are merely being allowed to keep more of what is theirs.
Government has given the richest 1% of citizens a ten-percent increase of total national income (not wealth, sorry) since 1979. Each of the five population quintiles have sacrificed, on average, 2% of their income over the last 40 years for the richest one percent of Americans.

Republicans AND Democrats have lowered tax rates and generously provided other tax incentives to ship US jobs to China and Mexico. This has decimated the blue-collar middle class across this country.

The richest 1% have not earned their bigger slice of the pie.
They have bribed corrupt politicians to give it to them.

A Simple Look...

Mother Jones, really?

You mean a portion of everyone's income is taken under threat of violence and incarceration and used to fund all sorts of ill conceived ham handed government programs in social engineering, graft, corruption and pay offs.

Well, that's the cynical never-will-be-happy-ever way to look at it.

Of course, the extreme opposite of that is ridiculous - no Government thus no taxes "forcefully" taken - that's just stupid.

Threat of violence? Really? Where's the PHYSICAL-violence penalty written in any Law regarding tax delinquency? Psychobabble.

Don't pay your taxes and refuse to allow the government to seize your property and you'll see violence.

You'll get arrested, met with equal force. That's not the threat of violence, that's the invitation of it. Thjat's the most disengenuous shit ever posted on here.

Well, that's the cynical never-will-be-happy-ever way to look at it.

Of course, the extreme opposite of that is ridiculous - no Government thus no taxes "forcefully" taken - that's just stupid.

Threat of violence? Really? Where's the PHYSICAL-violence penalty written in any Law regarding tax delinquency? Psychobabble.

Don't pay your taxes and refuse to allow the government to seize your property and you'll see violence.

You'll get arrested, met with equal force. That's not the threat of violence, that's the invitation of it. Thjat's the most disengenuous shit ever posted on here.

You'll get armed men in body armor breaking down your door all over a few dollars.

You progressives can bus union folk into Wisconsin for "show" protests from here until the recall election and that isn't going to change what's happened in the State since Walker took over.

Gov. Walker has erased a 3 billion dollar deficit without raising taxes or laying off teachers, firefighters or cops since taking office...all the while having to deal with Democratic lawmakers who did things like leaving the State so that legislation couldn't be passed. So explain to me why any rational Wisconsinite who ISN'T a hardcore liberal or in a public sector union would want to vote in another Democrat to mess things up again? Sorry, but I can't see it...

Yeah refusing to pay unjust taxes is frowned upon in the U.S of Avarice.

Each individual doesnt get to ho humm decide which taxes are unjust. That's retarded.

Yeah it's especially tough when more than half of the sheep get a free pass on income taxes.
Thanks to the GOP tax cuts!!! Bush's tax cuts doubled the number who pay no income tax and the CON$erviNutzis who bitch about it the most want to also make the Bush tax cuts permanent!!! :cuckoo:

Each individual doesnt get to ho humm decide which taxes are unjust. That's retarded.

Yeah it's especially tough when more than half of the sheep get a free pass on income taxes.
Thanks to the GOP tax cuts!!! Bush's tax cuts doubled the number who pay no income tax and the CON$erviNutzis who bitch about it the most want to also make the Bush tax cuts permanent!!! :cuckoo:

Arguing that an unjust tax code is a good thing is insane.

BTW in case you haven't noticed both Dimwitcraps and Repugnantcans are guilty of creating and enforcing the totally fucked up abomination of a tax code under which we all suffer.

The TEA Parties are Main Street, you moron.

Still, please do carry on making a total fool of yourself. It's fun to watch.

I almost fell off my chair laughing on Cal Girl's theory.
I call the Tea Party the Corporate Party as their agenda absolutely does nothing for Main Street America, (See Paul Ryan's budget).
If the Tea Party is made up of Main Street type of folks, well there pushing for policies that are against their own interests.

Last edited:
You progressives can bus union folk into Wisconsin for "show" protests from here until the recall election and that isn't going to change what's happened in the State since Walker took over.

Gov. Walker has erased a 3 billion dollar deficit without raising taxes or laying off teachers, firefighters or cops since taking office...all the while having to deal with Democratic lawmakers who did things like leaving the State so that legislation couldn't be passed. So explain to me why any rational Wisconsinite who ISN'T a hardcore liberal or in a public sector union would want to vote in another Democrat to mess things up again? Sorry, but I can't see it...

I didn't bus anyone, moron. How much tax money did union workers contribute to that state?

Forum List

Back