Tea Party - Don't let renters vote.

I have pissed off many people on the net because of my stance against drug use. But, sorry, they still have the same right to vote that I have and I would not deny them that.

Now what the fuck does religion have to do with home ownership or voting?

Do you think that retards should be able to vote? Drunk and stoned people are just temporary retards.

What religion has to do with home ownership and voting is RESPONSIBILITY! Christians are responsible people because they work hard to own a home and don't waste their time on stupid crap like Global Warming and saving the spotted owls.

You have cable TV? You have a cell phone?

No I don't

Do you think that retards should be able to vote? Drunk and stoned people are just temporary retards.

What religion has to do with home ownership and voting is RESPONSIBILITY! Christians are responsible people because they work hard to own a home and don't waste their time on stupid crap like Global Warming and saving the spotted owls.

You have cable TV? You have a cell phone?

No I don't

Your parents are cruel! Does becky have a cell phone?

I have pissed off many people on the net because of my stance against drug use. But, sorry, they still have the same right to vote that I have and I would not deny them that.

Emma, you are an idiot.

Excuse me Betty Lou but why do you think my name is Emma?

Emma, you are an idiot.

Because that was your old handle here, Rebecca.

Now again, why don't you share your other litmus tests for voting? Do we have to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior? Do we need to be Pentecostals? Must we own a home and pay at least 50 percent of the principal and have proof of such before we are eligible to vote? Must we submit to a drug test at the polling place? Please share, I am fascinated to know how a Ritalin junkie views society.

Emma, you are an idiot.

Because you are... or are you claiming multiple personality disorder?

Yup...

Voting for tenants was at the state and local levels, where the had their say-so in the makeup of the Senate (pre-17th Amendment).

If you have nothing to lose, you should have no say-so in policy, anyways.

So tenants never pay sales taxes and income taxes?

You really don't think through what you type do you?

Excuse me. Can I just point out that - absolutely nowhere in that quote from the TP Nation does it say anything about not letting renters vote. Not one. At least, not in the quote provided.

Here’s a new Tea Party plank: Don’t let renters vote.

“The Founding Fathers originally said, they put certain restrictions on who gets the right to vote. It wasn’t you were just a citizen and you got to vote. Some of the restrictions, you know, you obviously would not think about today. But one of those was you had to be a property owner. And that makes a lot of sense, because if you’re a property owner you actually have a vested stake in the community. If you’re not a property owner, you know, I’m sorry but property owners have a little bit more of a vested interest in the community than non-property owners.”

Where in that quote does he say we should not allow renters to vote? Nowhere.

Does it explicitly say we should go back to that restriction? No. Does it suggest that such a restriction was justified and might be a good idea to reconsider? I think it does.

Emma, you are an idiot.

Because your not clever enough to post in a different style or mind set from Emma, Emma.

As long as renters have established residency and meet all the other qualificaitons I see no problem. I'm kind of a fan of just one voter registration card though.

Emma, you are an idiot.

Here's a litl. tr011in' advise for u. U see, dis here is amateur, for realz, but I l00k just a bit like a n00b who ain't quyte me, yeah? U should change ur style, ur game, ur FRONT! Front it, bitch! Git low!

Excuse me. Can I just point out that - absolutely nowhere in that quote from the TP Nation does it say anything about not letting renters vote. Not one. At least, not in the quote provided.

“The Founding Fathers originally said, they put certain restrictions on who gets the right to vote. It wasn’t you were just a citizen and you got to vote. Some of the restrictions, you know, you obviously would not think about today. But one of those was you had to be a property owner. And that makes a lot of sense, because if you’re a property owner you actually have a vested stake in the community. If you’re not a property owner, you know, I’m sorry but property owners have a little bit more of a vested interest in the community than non-property owners.”

Does it explicitly say we should go back to that restriction? No. Does it suggest that such a restriction was justified and might be a good idea to reconsider? I think it does.

Does it? How do we know that? We have no context for the comment. We have only the comment. It depends on what led to the comment. You see that right? This happens constantly in the media.... which is exactly why I do not consider the media a reliable source. We don't know what he was responding to and how that topic came about. However, he makes a valid point... I don't agree with taking away the right of any citizen to vote.... but he's still right... owners have a vested interest in the community that renters do not.

Does it? How do we know that? We have no context for the comment. We have only the comment. It depends on what led to the comment. You see that right? This happens constantly in the media.... which is exactly why I do not consider the media a reliable source. We don't know what he was responding to and how that topic came about. However, he makes a valid point... I don't agree with taking away the right of any citizen to vote.... but he's still right... owners have a vested interest in the community that renters do not.

There might be some context to it. I'm just taking it as it stands, admittedly, and noting that I have in fact heard several people argue for this in real-life conversations as well as over the Interwebs, so I know there are people who think this way.

As Dagoose said earlier in this thread though, even if we're renters, we end up paying that property tax through increased rents. The only way I can see someone avoiding that "vested interest" is if they're homeless or on publicly subsidized housing.

There might be some context to it. I'm just taking it as it stands, admittedly, and noting that I have in fact heard several people argue for this in real-life conversations as well as over the Interwebs, so I know there are people who think this way.

As Dagoose said earlier in this thread though, even if we're renters, we end up paying that property tax through increased rents. The only way I can see someone avoiding that "vested interest" is if they're homeless or on publicly subsidized housing.

How can you take it without context? Without context, there is no depth to the comment. I could, very easily, go find one of your old posts and, by removing the context of the posts before and after it.... make it look completely different to what you were actually saying. You understand that, right?

Further, even without context, the headline is bullshit and he did not say he agreed with it. In fact, quite the opposite. He acknowledged that it would not be right to do it. In short, it is bullshit about nothing. Because he didn't say it.

The fact is people who own their own homes are more responsible, smarter and cleaner living type of people. A home owner is less likely to be a drunk or to do drugs. Most home owners tend to have well behaved Christian family who are more responsible thinkers people who rent and jump from job to job. Drunk and stoned hippies shouldn't be allowed to vote!

:lol: You are one funny troll.

The fact is people who own their own homes are more responsible, smarter and cleaner living type of people. A home owner is less likely to be a drunk or to do drugs. Most home owners tend to have well behaved Christian family who are more responsible thinkers people who rent and jump from job to job. Drunk and stoned hippies shouldn't be allowed to vote!

What an amazingly hateful POV.

Jesus would be so proud.

Hi Jim:

Tea Party: Don’t Let Renters Vote - CBS MoneyWatch.com

Yeah, that will take those low life, low income Democrats out of the equasion!

The right to vote is meaningless when all sides are corrupt and bought-and-paid-for by corporate fascists destroying America on purpose. Here we have a Department of Homeland Security like Nazi Germany under Hitler 'and' 20 million goddamned Illegal Aliens running around loose EVERYWHERE stealing identities and jobs from real Americans. Bush and Obama are two sides of the same fascist coin and any replacement you find will sing the same song of corruption and lawlessness and bailouts for their fascist bankster buddies. So, you have the right to vote for bankster politician A or bankster politician B. :cuckoo:

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Yup...

Voting for tenants was at the state and local levels, where the had their say-so in the makeup of the Senate (pre-17th Amendment).

If you have nothing to lose, you should have no say-so in policy, anyways.

That's fucking absurd.

My wife and I rent as we are both in professional school. As I am finishing medical school and don't know where I will be for residency in 18 months, buying a house would be the most fiscally irresponsible move we could make at this point.

Six years ago at this time, I was in Afghanistan serving my nation.

I don't deserve a say in public policy because I don't own property? Owning property is the litmus test now? That's as fucking stupid as people who say that only veterans should be able to vote.

You guys really should run with this.

You are aware, are you not, that the title is somewhat disingenuous.... The TEA Parties have not said it, nor is it a principle of the TEA Parties. One guy made a comment, for which we have not context... and.... he did NOT say that renters should not be allowed to vote.

This is, again, a made up piece of shit.... and, again, instead of asking questions, people just assume it's accurate and rant.

Critical thinking - it is your friend.
You are aware, are you not, that GTG was responding directly to OddBall's radical claim that renters shouldn't be able to vote because they have no stake in the game.

That's fucking absurd.

My wife and I rent as we are both in professional school. As I am finishing medical school and don't know where I will be for residency in 18 months, buying a house would be the most fiscally irresponsible move we could make at this point.

Six years ago at this time, I was in Afghanistan serving my nation.

I don't deserve a say in public policy because I don't own property? Owning property is the litmus test now? That's as fucking stupid as people who say that only veterans should be able to vote.

You guys really should run with this.

You are aware, are you not, that the title is somewhat disingenuous.... The TEA Parties have not said it, nor is it a principle of the TEA Parties. One guy made a comment, for which we have not context... and.... he did NOT say that renters should not be allowed to vote.

This is, again, a made up piece of shit.... and, again, instead of asking questions, people just assume it's accurate and rant.

Critical thinking - it is your friend.
You are aware, are you not, that GTG was responding directly to OddBall's radical claim that renters shouldn't be able to vote because they have no stake in the game.

I am aware of that. Thanks. I'm also aware that the title of the article claiming that the TEA Parties advocate removing the right to vote from renters is bullshit. Are you aware of that? Do you understand that the individual quoted did not, in fact, say that. And, are you aware that the quote has no context? Do you understand why context is important?

Like I said, the Tea Baggers are America's best hope for returning to the 19th century.

Forum List

Back