Tea Party - Don't let renters vote.

The 'TEA PARTY'...people who fashion themselves after the Boston tea party...are calling for revoking people's voting rights, which would remove their right to choose REPRESENTATION...

I sure hope the 'TEA PARTY' also call for these people to be exempt from TAXATION...

Last edited:
i know its possible to get a refund over and above what you paid in taxes even if you don't have kids. but you really really really don't make much money during the year in order to get it. same thing happened to me when i had my first job when i was 15.
How? My kids have been on the company payroll since they were old enough to empty the trash. They were always paid a low wage so they didn't get taxes deducted (other than FICA) and they never got a "refund" ...

Ran the numbers. This year, if someone is single, makes $7,000 in a year they get back all they paid in plus $400 (making work work tax credit or something).

So yeah, zero taxes paid, plus a refund over and above what they paid. This year.

Back when I was 15, :dunno: obviously this tax credit wasn't there, but it was going on 20 years ago. I may be misremembering, or there may have been a quirky tax credit then too.

This is absolutely hilarious. One person talks about agreeing with a 200 year old law and the Democrats go ape shit.

No one with any level of intelligence could possibly believe that we would ever go back to property owners only voting. Not only that but (and I could be wrong here) I seem to remember learning that one of the reasons for that stipulation way back when was because most property owners at the time were the more educated. Now if I'm remembering right (and I'm sure someone here will tell us) then this guys statement is even more screwed up.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for the laughs.

i know its possible to get a refund over and above what you paid in taxes even if you don't have kids. but you really really really don't make much money during the year in order to get it. same thing happened to me when i had my first job when i was 15.
How? My kids have been on the company payroll since they were old enough to empty the trash. They were always paid a low wage so they didn't get taxes deducted (other than FICA) and they never got a "refund" ...

Ran the numbers. This year, if someone is single, makes $7,000 in a year they get back all they paid in plus $400 (making work work tax credit or something).

So yeah, zero taxes paid, plus a refund over and above what they paid. This year.

Back when I was 15, :dunno: obviously this tax credit wasn't there, but it was going on 20 years ago. I may be misremembering, or there may have been a quirky tax credit then too.
Yes, I've conceded that a special tax credit would do the trick. But this isn't business as usual and normally only those that overpay or qualify for EITC get a refund.

I'll rep you for running the numbers though. :)

Yes, I've conceded that a special tax credit would do the trick. But this isn't business as usual and normally only those that overpay or qualify for EITC get a refund.

Thanks. :)

I think the original point still stands though. Even without the special tax credit, this mythical guy would have gotten back 100% of what he paid in. Meaning he paid zero federal taxes outside of that bastard FICA.

I think the original point still stands though. Even without the special tax credit, this mythical guy would have gotten back 100% of what he paid in. Meaning he paid zero federal taxes outside of that bastard FICA.
Was that the point? I thought the point was that he got money back even though he didn't pay in. I would have a problem with that.

I don't have a problem with the progressive tax system, though. Not really. But I'd rather see everyone taxed 10 percent of all income with no loopholes.

Was that the point? I thought the point was that he got money back even though he didn't pay in. I would have a problem with that.

I don't have a problem with the progressive tax system, though. Not really. But I'd rather see everyone taxed 10 percent of all income with no loopholes.

The point was that in addition to receiving back any taxes he had paid in for the year, he received additional money. Therefore, he paid no taxes since he received them back in full.......and received additional money that from other people's taxes. This is wealth redistribution. Taking money from someone who worked for it and giving it to someone who didn't. It exists and it is wrong.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/tea-party/151642-tea-party-dont-let-renters-vote-4.html#post3234564

The fact is people who own their own homes are more responsible, smarter and cleaner living type of people. A home owner is less likely to be a drunk or to do drugs. Most home owners tend to have well behaved Christian familys who are more responsible thinkers than people who rent and jump from job to job. Drunk and stoned hippies shouldn't be allowed to vote!

Last edited:
The fact is people who own their own homes are more responsible, smarter and cleaner living type of people. A home owner is less likely to be a drunk or to do drugs. Most home owners tend to have well behaved Christian family who are more responsible thinkers people who rent and jump from job to job. Drunk and stoned hippies shouldn't be allowed to vote!

I have pissed off many people on the net because of my stance against drug use. But, sorry, they still have the same right to vote that I have and I would not deny them that.

Now what the fuck does religion have to do with home ownership or voting?

The fact is people who own their own homes are more responsible, smarter and cleaner living type of people. A home owner is less likely to be a drunk or to do drugs. Most home owners tend to have well behaved Christian familys who are more responsible thinkers than people who rent and jump from job to job. Drunk and stoned hippies shouldn't be allowed to vote!

Most of what you posted is pure generalizations.

Tea Party: Don’t Let Renters Vote - CBS MoneyWatch.com

Yeah, that will take those low life, low income Democrats out of the equasion!

:lol: They don't want any-freaking-body to vote. Besides, the teapartiers probably have one big flop house they rent. It'll never work.

Mo chara, nobody said not to let renters vote. True that. It's a headline.... it's not fact. All you have is a quote, with no context, of one person (one.... not the TEA Parties, just one person)... and he said

“The Founding Fathers originally said, they put certain restrictions on who gets the right to vote. It wasn’t you were just a citizen and you got to vote. Some of the restrictions, you know, you obviously would not think about today. But one of those was you had to be a property owner. And that makes a lot of sense, because if you’re a property owner you actually have a vested stake in the community. If you’re not a property owner, you know, I’m sorry but property owners have a little bit more of a vested interest in the community than non-property owners.”

Where in that quote (for which we have no context... ie we don't know what he was responding to).... does he say 'the TEA Party wants to remove the right of renters to vote'?

Fact. He does not say it. This whole thing is bullshit in order to make idiots think something that is not true. Happens a lot.

*I have highlighted the salient part for the terminally stupid. Sarah G is NOT one of the terminally stupid.

Last edited:
The fact is people who own their own homes are more responsible, smarter and cleaner living type of people. A home owner is less likely to be a drunk or to do drugs. Most home owners tend to have well behaved Christian family who are more responsible thinkers people who rent and jump from job to job. Drunk and stoned hippies shouldn't be allowed to vote!

I have pissed off many people on the net because of my stance against drug use. But, sorry, they still have the same right to vote that I have and I would not deny them that.

Do you think that retards should be able to vote? Drunk and stoned people are just temporary retards.

What religion has to do with home ownership and voting is RESPONSIBILITY! Christians are responsible people because they work hard to own a home and don't waste their time on stupid crap like Global Warming and saving the spotted owls.

Do you think that retards should be able to vote? Drunk and stoned people are just temporary retards.

What religion has to do with home ownership and voting is RESPONSIBILITY! Christians are responsible people because they work hard to own a home and don't waste their time on stupid crap like Global Warming and saving the spotted owls.

Im no Christian and I paid off my house 10 years early. Global warming is happening whether you believe or not. I dont care about the owl at this moment.

You have cable TV? You have a cell phone?

Emma, you are an idiot.

OK, go tell your mother she wants you.

Well, those Catholic priests were very Christian-like when they slept with the little boys weren't they?

Please share your other silly litmus tests with the coffee clatch.

Emma, you are an idiot.

Actually I think she's a brilliant comedienne! I've no reason to think Rebecca believes the things she types.

Forum List

Back