Taylor Swift awarded Person of the Year, and MAGAs are frantic.

I don't read that Leftest trash rag Time Magazine and I don't go to Tay-Tay concerts so I really don't give a crap.

However, my 13 year old granddaughter loves Tay-Tay and who knows, she may even buy a copy of the magazine.
Every generation has their pop stars when they are growing up

But if we’re lucky we eventually outgrow them

View attachment 870353

BTW - thousands of your youth wisdom gurus were Tide Pods before they moved on to jumping out of speeding cars.

Well someone is certainly triggered:

Only 86 teenagers ate Tide Pods, fool. 81,000,000 Americans voted for Donald Trump a second time. THOSE are the morons you should be worrying about.

That particular contingent of her voters are mad at her for not "speaking out" about Palestine.

Enjoy that side of your voter group.
Sounds like envious bullshit to me. That’s the problem, cry wolf enough and nobody cares, least of all the Swiftees.

Well someone is certainly triggered:

Only 86 teenagers ate Tide Pods, fool. 81,000,000 Americans voted for Donald Trump a second time. THOSE are the morons you should be worrying about.
About time you admit the election was rigged. Thx.

“In 2017, about 10,500 of the 12,300 estimated exposures to laundry pods occurred in children younger than five, according to the AAPCC.”

That leaves 1,800 in one year. A bit later it was jumping from speeding from vehicles for your intellectual superiors.

Leftard Snopes:
“A spokesperson for the American Association of Poison Control Centers told us that in the first 11 days of 2018, there had been 40 reported exposures to liquid laundry detergent pods by 13- to 19-year-olds. That figure represents 20 percent of the total number of similar incidents in all of 2017.“

No wonder you fascists want 16 year olds to vote.

Every generation has their pop stars when they are growing up

But if we’re lucky we eventually outgrow them
To me, the little I have seen of her, Tay-Tay doesn't have any real talent and she is not all that good looking. I can't name even one song of hers.

However, my 13 year old granddaughter really loves her.

You are correct, it is a generational thing.

Not so fast my friends,
GA64LErX0AEQlnk

If nobody cares, why are so many MAGAs melting down on social media?
Maybe it's because most MAGAs actually appreciate real music? You know. Music that has strong meaningful lyrics, memorable melody that gets pleasantly stuck in your head, that inspires you, comforts you, moves you, that you can relate to, and real vocal styling?

Taylor is apparently a brilliant entertainer that she can command a million dollar paycheck for each of her concerts. That plus royalties from the songs she writes and her recordings and paraphernalia has made her a billionaire. All for a striking appearance on stage and a pretty mediocre and mostly untrained voice. But influential enough to be person of the year? She wouldn't be my choice.

Taylor Swift

Real Music

Maybe it's because most MAGAs actually appreciate real music? You know. Music that has strong meaningful lyrics, memorable melody that gets pleasantly stuck in your head, that inspires you, comforts you, moves you, that you can relate to, and real vocal styling?

Taylor is apparently a brilliant entertainer that she can command a million dollar paycheck for each of her concerts. That plus royalties from the songs she writes and her recordings and paraphernalia has made her a billionaire. All for a striking appearance on stage and a pretty mediocre and mostly untrained voice. But influential enough to be person of the year? She wouldn't be my choice.

Taylor Swift

Real Music

All of those song are good. The Susan Boyle story is a great story too.

But that doesnt change my opinion on Taylor's Political views. Im against much of what I hear there. Sounds like Democratic Underground pravda.

All of those song are good. The Susan Boyle story is a great story too.

But that doesnt change my opinion on Taylor's Political views. Im against much of what I hear there. Sounds like Democratic Underground pravda.

If I rated artistic ability on political views I would have to throw away most of the DVD and blu ray movies I own and a good deal of my extensive music collection on CDs.

I can't believe the God of reason, logic, and the high road is in their politics. Jesus rejected politics and dogma in favor of common sense and what is just and right.

But I do believe the extraordinary talent some of these people have is God given and why should I reject what God gives us just because I don't share somebody's political beliefs?

In Taylor Swift's case, I do not share her political views and I am not moved, inspired, or entertained by her music which I rate at best as mediocre. So I don't have a single Taylor Swift recording in my music collection and wouldn't go to one of her concerts if I received free tickets plus valet transportation to and from.

That isn't because of her politics. I just don't enjoy her music.

(One of our favorite movies is "Ghosts of Mississippi", a true story in which the widow of Medgar Evers, civil rights activist, and a Jackson MS attorney team up to try and convict Evers' murderer a quarter century after the fact. Brilliantly done, acted, edited. The two main stars? Whoopie Goldberg and Alec Baldwin. You can ignore the politics and accept the God given talent.)

I have no idea why Taylor Swift being awarded the Person of the Year Award should be a political issue, but it's plain to see MAGAs are determined to make it a political issue. I suspect the fact that Ms swift has more social media followers than trump, and regularly draws crowds that dwarf trump's rallies makes her an enemy of MAGAs. For what ever reason, the right wing is all aflutter over the award, and are making their displeasure well known on social media. Oddly, it doesn't seem to be an issue for non MAGA posters. Exactly why is the right dragging her into the political relm?

22 posts on X and this idiot thinks that means Trump supporters are worried about this.

What a clown BULLDOG is.

22 posts on X and this idiot thinks that means Trump supporters are worried about this.

What a clown BULLDOG is.
Couldn't be too much of an issue. I'm on X pretty much every day and I haven't seen any Taylor Swift posts for quite some time. The last I remember was somebody trying to unload tickets they had to one of her concerts.

To me, the little I have seen of her, Tay-Tay doesn't have any real talent and she is not all that good looking. I can't name even one song of hers.

However, my 13 year old granddaughter really loves her.

You are correct, it is a generational thing.
2028 she’ll be voting. Who got her to register in the first place? For many it’s Swift.

Couldn't be too much of an issue. I'm on X pretty much every day and I haven't seen any Taylor Swift posts for quite some time. The last I remember was somebody trying to unload tickets they had to one of her concerts.
Censorship on X?!?! :dunno:

Taylor Swift is awful! :auiqs.jpg:

I'm cutting that off. :oops:

She's about as bad as the Friday girl.

Last edited:
2028 she’ll be voting. Who got her to register in the first place? For many it’s Swift.
Her father, mother and grandparents are teaching her about Civics. That is in addition to the private school she is attending that puts an emphasis on patriotism.

She enjoys Tay Tay just like my generation enjoyed the Beach Boys and all the other 1960s Rock stars but hopefully she doesn't take them seriously about anything.

If she lets Tay-Tay or anyone else in pop culture influence her in politics then her parents, grandparents and education would have failed her.

Forum List

Back