Taxing just the rich is a futile effort.

Be a little more clear about whatever specific program you are talking about and I might have an answer but I suspect you are blaming all deficit spending on just one man in four years rather than thirty years of bad policy by both parties.

You aren't very bright.

Obama is havng the Fed print 41 Billion dollars month in and month out, why isn't this helping with the poverty you are so keenly concerned with?

Obama has control of the fed? Wow he is even more awesome than I thought since no president has ever been able to directly dictate their actions.

(smile) As I said, you aren't real bright ;)

You are way over your head here.

You haven't a clue as to why printing money to buy your own is "bad" do you?

I am probably older than you and unless you are exceptionally wealthy I don't want anything from you, if you are exceptionally wealthy then quit yer bitchin and go ride a jet ski instead hanging around here moaning about taxes. If the billionaires are unhappy it's their own damned fault.

If YOU want more money go earn it, it really is that simple.

I make more than enough to meet my needs and I do not begrudge my taxes on merely ideological grounds as you do, I see them as a necessary evil just like the utility bills, they could be lower but I would have to turn off the heat and live in the dark just as lower taxes means that my road might not get paved for twenty years or the government goes into more debt.

Most roadwork is done on the local dime, grants withstanding. And now utilities are evil?

You aren't very bright.

Obama is havng the Fed print 41 Billion dollars month in and month out, why isn't this helping with the poverty you are so keenly concerned with?

Obama has control of the fed? Wow he is even more awesome than I thought since no president has ever been able to directly dictate their actions.

Obama did it, Obama did it lol. These hate mongers are the best campaign the democrats have going for them. Republicans cannot under stand why their hate and blame does not get them elected. It rained here last night it must be Obama's fault. The FED is a private bank the government does not control. It's amazing how the hate monger never say a thing about the world record debt Bush created by giving elfare to the wealthy and shipping our jobs to China. :eusa_boohoo:

You aren't very bright.

I realize that just printing money is bad but I am surprised that you think any president has direct control of Federal Reserve policy, they would be doing just what they are doing no matter who is president, besides, when they print money they just give it to banks, that might be a clue right there.

If YOU want more money go earn it, it really is that simple.

I make more than enough to meet my needs and I do not begrudge my taxes on merely ideological grounds as you do, I see them as a necessary evil just like the utility bills, they could be lower but I would have to turn off the heat and live in the dark just as lower taxes means that my road might not get paved for twenty years or the government goes into more debt.

Most roadwork is done on the local dime, grants withstanding. And now utilities are evil?

I live in a red state, nothing gets paved without some federal assistance, they have been widening a stretch near my house for twenty years that shuts down for years at a time when the fedral money runs out. And yes, in this highly manipulated energy economy utility rate hikes usually have little to do with actual energy costs and are in effect arbitrary tax hikes imposed by corporate America on everyone who burns a lightbulb.

The infrastructure bullshit again.
You guys are sad little one trick ponies, its always either the "roads and bridges" or the "police, fire dept, teacher" shit.

...and there you go making silly assumptions again.

Here is a sad little factoid you are too ignorant to learn,

You morons have been making this "feed the poor" argument for 50 years, poverty levels have gone up no matter how much of other peoples money you throw at it.

ITS the spending, no nation can use more than 50% of it's budget for "entitlements" and continue for very long, Obama is printing 41 Billion a month kid...why isn't that helping?

The argument could also be made that poverty has increased because until now neither party has required results for their handouts to the wealthy. As a nation we have given them an obscene amount in tax cuts as an incentive to create jobs and it has not worked, if any other government policy was that expensive and such an incredible failure you would be all over it demanding it be discontinued, that is exactly what allowing the Bush tax cuts to finally expire is, an end to a deficit exploding government program that does not work as advertised.

How is it a "handout" to let people keep money they've earned?

You guys are sad little one trick ponies, its always either the "roads and bridges" or the "police, fire dept, teacher" shit.

You morons have been making this "feed the poor" argument for 50 years, poverty levels have gone up no matter how much of other peoples money you throw at it.

ITS the spending, no nation can use more than 50% of it's budget for "entitlements" and continue for very long, Obama is printing 41 Billion a month kid...why isn't that helping?

The argument could also be made that poverty has increased because until now neither party has required results for their handouts to the wealthy. As a nation we have given them an obscene amount in tax cuts as an incentive to create jobs and it has not worked, if any other government policy was that expensive and such an incredible failure you would be all over it demanding it be discontinued, that is exactly what allowing the Bush tax cuts to finally expire is, an end to a deficit exploding government program that does not work as advertised.

Because it is a government program that makes the deficit go up, no different than spending, and in this case does not seem to be generating employment as it was allegedly intended to do. Are you more concerned with the deficit or how much the wealthy get to hoard and not actually create jobs?

That's just quirky about demon raps you work your ass off and it's a handout to let you keep your earnings!

Everyone will continue to get the tax cut on the first $250,000 of their income. Why is that so difficult for those on the right to understand? Eliminating the tax cuts to everyone is sure to slow the economy. That is so self evident only the willfully ignorant and the mendacious will question its veracity.

That is the first step on the road to deficit reduction.

Next, cut the home mortgage deduction on all but the primary residence;

Next, add a fee to all stock transactions of .10 cents;

next; eliminate the practice of 'riders' and make all bills to come out of the Congress and sent to the President's desk a single issue bill.

next; replace all federal fleets with hybrid or all electric vehicles by attrition; require all federal buildings to replace or upgrade roofs with solar panels; purchases of made in America units only.

next, invest in the repair, replacement and upgrade of our electrical grid;

next; take Marijuana off the Schedule I list and allow each state to regulate or outlaw it as they see fit. Doing so will allow for a reduction in the costs to the Criminal Justice System and provide a massive influx of revenue to the states currently going to the criminal enterprise - both foreign and domestic.
I see not a single cut listed.

Cut the fucking spending FIRST.....then we'll take a look at tax increases.

Because it is a government program that makes the deficit go up, no different than spending, and in this case does not seem to be generating employment as it was allegedly intended to do. Are you more concerned with the deficit or how much the wealthy get to hoard and not actually create jobs?

No, spending makes the deficit go up, not allowing people to keep money they've earned.
Try again, Einstein.

Everyone will continue to get the tax cut on the first $250,000 of their income. Why is that so difficult for those on the right to understand? Eliminating the tax cuts to everyone is sure to slow the economy. That is so self evident only the willfully ignorant and the mendacious will question its veracity.

next; eliminate the practice of 'riders' and make all bills to come out of the Congress and sent to the President's desk a single issue bill.

next; replace all federal fleets with hybrid or all electric vehicles by attrition; require all federal buildings to replace or upgrade roofs with solar panels; purchases of made in America units only.

next; take Marijuana off the Schedule I list and allow each state to regulate or outlaw it as they see fit. Doing so will allow for a reduction in the costs to the Criminal Justice System and provide a massive influx of revenue to the states currently going to the criminal enterprise - both foreign and domestic.

Why? We have been cutting taxes for years without cuts to offset them. It would have been better to cut spending and then pass the savings on billionaires all these years but the republican policy of allegedly stimulative tax cuts and spending increases has exploded the deficit like nothing else has. It's time to get back some of that lost revenue since spending seems to have so much political inertia in both parties that cutting our way to deficit reduction is an impossibility.

Why? We have been cutting taxes for years without cuts to offset them. It would have been better to cut spending and then pass the savings on billionaires all these years but the republican policy of allegedly stimulative tax cuts and spending increases has exploded the deficit like nothing else has. It's time to get back some of that lost revenue since spending seems to have so much political inertia in both parties that cutting our way to deficit reduction is an impossibility.

The government is getting back all the revenue they "lost". Receipts are higher now than they were in 2007. Spending is the problem. Spending is the problem. Spending is the problem.

No, spending makes the deficit go up, not allowing people to keep money they've earned.
Try again, Einstein.

Nope, not when they are not accompanied by spending cuts. When we extend a tax cut and borrow that money instead it is spending, the worst kind of spending since we can't demand that they actually create some jobs in return.

It would barely raise enough money to get FEMA out of its deficit. If they want to raise taxes I say let all the cuts expire. Fair is fair

But it makes the Libs feel oh sooo good to get their way on this.
They have been moist in the pants for a long time now.
I say let them have it.
Go ahead Libs stick it to all those small business owners making just over $250k
and keep this suck ass Obama economy just they way you like it ...
Stagnant. :clap2:

Try again, Einstein.

Nope, not when they are not accompanied by spending cuts. When we extend a tax cut and borrow that money instead it is spending, the worst kind of spending since we can't demand that they actually create some jobs in return.

There have been no spending cuts. None.
Anf gov't demanding is the problem, not the solution.

The government is getting back all the revenue they "lost". Receipts are higher now than they were in 2007. Spending is the problem. Spending is the problem. Spending is the problem.

Really? So what do like that you are willing to cut? I can guess what you hate to spend on but the way this works is that everyone has to give something up. For example, how much defense spending are you willing part with? How much money for your state and district? How about that hospital or road project in your town? It does not matter if your congressman is dem or pub they are not going to shoot their own district in the foot. It's why I said that spending has it's own inertia and nothing will ever be cut deeply enough to make the slightest difference in the deficit. America likes the current level of spending, they just don't want to pay for it and putting it on the national credit card is just so damned easy.

Try again, Einstein.

Zero spending cuts, none.

Bingo, people like occupied see everyone's money as belonging to the Gov...

Try again, Einstein.

See, none of those tax cuts were preceded or accompanied by spending cuts so they were just deficit spending on people who really did not need it and had no intention of creating jobs, an expensive spending program that did not accomplish it's goals.

See, none of those tax cuts were preceded or accompanied by spending cuts so they were just deficit spending on people who really did not need it and had no intention of creating jobs, an expensive spending program that did not accomplish it's goals.

Who's money is it occupied?

Forum List

Back