Taxes: 1%ers -> PAY UP!!!

Where did you get that the top 1% of incomes own only 34% of the wealth? Its actually closer to 90%.

Here is the wikilink Social class in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And in THIS country we don't tell people "youve had enough"

that is why THIS is legal.

really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg

PS Bert needs to go a diet, wouldn't you say?

And who decides what their fair share is?

1. The people of this country get to decide.

2. You see we are a democracy and when these assholes Fuck us all to up their bottom line and in doing crash the economy we can take back what they took through slimey means (republican butt licking) we vote and take their power away.

3. I dont care if the assholes leave this country because of it, I have faith in the rest of the American people to fill their jobs and do them better.

I dont consider these Americans irreplaceable if they chose to move out of the country because they cant make 400% profit anymore.

4. I know alot of Americans who would be just fine with a mere 100% profit.
1. You mean the ones with less money that pay ZERO taxes? :lol:

2. You see, we're a constitutional republic founded on free enterprise, you fucking asshole.

3. Let them take all the jobs with them too :clap2:

4. You don't "know" a single REAL American, you fucking liar.
:cuckoo:

And who decides what their fair share is?

2. You see we are a democracy and when these assholes Fuck us all to up their bottom line and in doing crash the economy we can take back what they took through slimey means (republican butt licking) we vote and take their power away.

3. I dont care if the assholes leave this country because of it, I have faith in the rest of the American people to fill their jobs and do them better.

I dont consider these Americans irreplaceable if they chose to move out of the country because they cant make 400% profit anymore.

2. You see, we're a constitutional republic founded on free enterprise, you fucking asshole.

Exactly , they can't figure out that a couple who makes $40K a year and has three kids can essentially get away with paying ZERO taxes in a year. That isn't right. If you make $1 you should have to pay your taxes on that dollar. Or under my system if you SPEND one dollar you should have to pay taxes on that dollar. How much you make is irrelevant.

Exactly , they can't figure out that a couple who makes $40K a year and has three kids can essentially get away with paying ZERO taxes in a year. That isn't right. If you make $1 you should have to pay your taxes on that dollar. Or under my system if you SPEND one dollar you should have to pay taxes on that dollar. How much you make is irrelevant.

How about the example of the corporation that makes $40 billion a year and manages to pay no taxes?

That mindset is driven by the notion that ALL money belongs to the government.

Could I have a link where ANYONE has ever said that?

Nice reach there....returning 3% in tax rate becomes the government taking ALL the money
Not what I said. I said you believe government owns all the money -- they just let people keep some of it.

Oh...that clears things up Dave

Show where I ever posted that the government owns all the money...or admit that you are full of shit

How about the example of the corporation that makes $40 billion a year and manages to pay no taxes?

I'm all for clsong all loopholes that allow anyone to avoid taxes. EXACTLY why I would go with a sales tax.

Could I have a link where ANYONE has ever said that?

Nice reach there....returning 3% in tax rate becomes the government taking ALL the money
Not what I said. I said you believe government owns all the money -- they just let people keep some of it.

Show where I ever posted that the government owns all the money...or admit that you are full of shit
"That mindset is driven by the notion that ALL money belongs to the government."

Of course you'd never admit it. But your views of money suggest it's true.

"That mindset is driven by the notion that ALL money belongs to the government."

Once again Dave the burden of proof is on you..

Show where I ever said that "All the money belongs to the Government" or anything close to that. Supporting a ballanced tax structure does not come close to saying all money belongs to the Government

Then why did a conservative icon like Ron Reagan triple the deficit.........leaving his bills to be paid by his progeny?
I don't feel obligated to defend a policy I oppose.

OK....you didn't support Reagan

Can you provide a single Conservative President that ran a balanced budget?

Psst, you do realize that they are actually called Proposed Budgets and that Congress isn't obligated to pay any attention to them don't you?

But to answer your question, there have been a total of THREE Presidents who presided over a balanced budget in the last 60 years. Ike, LBJ, and Clinton. In other words, it doesn't happen often.

I don't feel obligated to defend a policy I oppose.

Psst, you do realize that they are actually called Proposed Budgets and that Congress isn't obligated to pay any attention to them don't you?

But to answer your question, there have been a total of THREE Presidents who presided over a balanced budget in the last 60 years. Ike, LBJ, and Clinton. In other words, it doesn't happen often.

Exactly my point, None of them were conservatives

To claim that either Conservatives or Liberals are fiscally responsible is misleading

To claim that either Conservatives or Liberals are fiscally responsible is misleading

No, true conservatives are fiscally responsible, You just don't see them being elected to office. Do you run your household the way these buffoons run our country? NO of course not b/c you can't just print more money when your bank account gets low.

The mistake is when morons label idiots like Dubya as conservatives LOL he's not and wasn't conservative, well i suppose compared to Obama he is, but you know what I mean.

No, true conservatives are fiscally responsible, You just don't see them being elected to office. Do you run your household the way these buffoons run our country? NO of course not b/c you can't just print more money when your bank account gets low.

The mistake is when morons label idiots like Dubya as conservatives LOL he's not and wasn't conservative, well i suppose compared to Obama he is, but you know what I mean.

Once you are elected, there are no true conservatives or true liberals.

To get anything done in DC you have to deal with the opposition which means legislating to the center. Conservatives have not done a better job of balancing the budget than liberals. They just have different agendas they want to spend it on

US Wealth Distribution

US Wealth Distribution
One way to ‘see’ the distribution of wealth in the U.S. is to imagine a group of 100 people who have a $100 between them. Evenly distributed each would have one dollar of wealth. Alas, that is far from the actual distribution. According to the most recent study, Currents and Undercurrents, by the Survey of Consumer Finance (Federal Reserve, Department of Treasury, 2006) wealth is distributed accordingly:

50 individuals at the bottom have a nickel. ($0.05 times 50 = $2.50)

The next 40 each have $0.70 of wealth (40 times $0.70 - $28.00).

The next 9 each have $4.00 of wealth (nine times $4.00 = $36.00)

The last richest individual has $33.40 (one time $33.40).

Combined, you have $100.00.

The question is......

In looking to raise more revenue, why would you go after the people who only have 5 cents of available wealth instead of the 1% of the population that has $33.40 of the available wealth?

EXACTLY!! That doesn't even take account of the wealth moved off-shore or into Swiss Bank accounts, etc. The only chumps that actually pay taxes are the "little people".

Show where I ever said that "All the money belongs to the Government" or anything close to that. Supporting a ballanced tax structure does not come close to saying all money belongs to the Government
Do pay attention. You said you want the rich to "earn" the right to keep the money they've already earned. Why should anyone have to earn the right to keep something that's theirs? They shouldn't. They'd have to earn the right to keep something that ISN'T theirs, though.

Understand now?

Actually, all businesses simply pass on their tax burden to the customers.

To ConHog; that's not really a "loophole" that can be closed....

You confuse social liberalism with fiscal liberalism. Clinton was very much a social liberal, but he was always a very fiscally conservative politician. He believed in responsible spending. That's not to say he didn't spend a lot, but he spent it wisely. And he collected taxes accordingly. That's why I wanted Hillary in office. I would think she would be equally responsible.

Do pay attention. You said you want the rich to "earn" the right to keep the money they've already earned. Why should anyone have to earn the right to keep something that's theirs? They shouldn't. They'd have to earn the right to keep something that ISN'T theirs, though.

Understand now?

If the rich are not "keeping their money" why is their percentage of wealth increasing in a downward economy while the working class standard of living is diminishing? They are not creating more wealth for everyone, the rising tide is only lifting the yachts

Stop trying to make me feel sorry for the 1%

Understand now?

If the rich are not "keeping their money" why is their percentage of wealth increasing in a downward economy while the working class standard of living is diminishing? They are not creating more wealth for everyone, the rising tide is only lifting the yachts

Not what I'm doing. I'm just curious why you think people should have to earn the right to keep what they already earned.

Understand now?

Not what I'm doing. I'm just curious why you think people should have to earn the right to keep what they already earned.

Its quite simple Dave...

We belong to a great society and draw much more off of that society than we contribute. As members of a society, we are expected to contribute. In return, we benefit from what that society has to offer.

Forum List

Back