Taxes: 1%ers -> PAY UP!!!

And who decides what their fair share is?

The people of this country get to decide.

You see we are a democracy and when these assholes Fuck us all to up their bottom line and in doing crash the economy we can take back what they took through slimey means (republican butt licking) we vote and take their power away.

I dont care if the assholes leave this country because of it, I have faith in the rest of the American people to fill their jobs and do them better.

I dont consider these Americans irreplaceable if they chose to move out of the country because they cant make 400% profit anymore.

I know alot of Americans who would be just fine with a mere 100% profit.

First; We're a Republic. Good job passing Civics in High School.

Second; by "These Assholes" You're also talking about Kerry & Co. who are probably one of the richest politicians around right? Or just the Republicans?

I don't know if it was you but, I remember you thought when Republicans have money they cheated their way to get there.. But when a Democrat has money they earned it.

Republican Riches = Bad.

Democrat Riches = Good?

Agree with the first sentence

Disagree with the second.

Here's an idea, instead of taking away cuts, just actively go what is actually owed already, but doesn't get paid...

Well if you don't want to give them back their tax cut that is your right. I say let them earn it. Let them bring back jobs, let them spur the economy.
Right now, they are just sitting on their money and holding back

so you want to let them "earn' the right to keep the money they earned?

interesting way to look at it.

Everyone pays taxes, everyone is expected to contribute to society. The top 1% draw more from society and receive more benefit. We gave them a break and actually borrowed money to reducve their taxes.

We got nothing in return

That mindset is driven by the notion that ALL money belongs to the government.

Could I have a link where ANYONE has ever said that?

Nice reach there....returning 3% in tax rate becomes the government taking ALL the money

That mindset is driven by the notion that ALL money belongs to the government.

Or perhaps it is driven by the notion that we ought to pay our bills instead of leaving them to be paid by our progeny?
Conservatives have always believed that. The Democrats at the GOP, however, have not.

Then why did a conservative icon like Ron Reagan triple the deficit.........leaving his bills to be paid by his progeny?

Well if you don't want to give them back their tax cut that is your right. I say let them earn it. Let them bring back jobs, let them spur the economy.
Right now, they are just sitting on their money and holding back

Everyone pays taxes, everyone is expected to contribute to society. The top 1% draw more from society and receive more benefit. We gave them a break and actually borrowed money to reducve their taxes.

We got nothing in return

That's a flat lie and you know it. 41% of AMericans in fact pay NOTHING in taxes.

The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Paying Zero Federal Income Tax Grows to 43.4 Million

We got nothing in return

That's a flat lie and you know it. 41% of AMericans in fact pay NOTHING in taxes.

The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Paying Zero Federal Income Tax Grows to 43.4 Million

Everyone pays taxes

Everyone who buys something in a store pays taxes, anyone who makes a phonecall pays taxes, anyone who buys gas pays taxes

We got nothing in return

This is so devoid of any common sense, knowledge and basic understanding of economics that it gets....

DUMBFUCK POST OF THE MONTH!!!!

We got nothing in return

Everyone pays taxes

Everyone who buys something in a store pays taxes, anyone who makes a phonecall pays taxes, anyone who buys gas pays taxes

You're not paying taxes when you income tax liability is $0 and you're buying goods with taxpayer provided assistance.

We got nothing in return

Everyone pays taxes

OH come on, we were talking about INCOME tax in this thread, not the gas tax. and that doesn't consider the fact that most people who pay zero income tax are on welfare and so don't pay the other taxes out of their pockets anyway.

Are you another dishonest fuck? If so just tell me now, and I'll jump on out of the thread b/c I'm sick of it.

Everyone pays taxes

OH come on, we were talking about INCOME tax in this thread, not the gas tax. and that doesn't consider the fact that most people who pay zero income tax are on welfare and so don't pay the other taxes out of their pockets anyway.

Are you another dishonest fuck? If so just tell me now, and I'll jump on out of the thread b/c I'm sick of it.

We are talking the big picture......The top 1% control 33% of the wealth. Of the thousands of pages of tax code.....95% is written by the wealthy for the wealthy to protect them and shield their wealth from taxation

I will make an offer right now......lets give the wealthy back their 3% cut and all they have to do is throw away their tax exemptions....sounds fair to me

Everyone pays taxes

We are talking the big picture......The top 1% control 33% of the wealth. Of the thousands of pages of tax code.....95% is written by the wealthy for the wealthy to protect them and shield their wealth from taxation

I will make an offer right now......lets give the wealthy back their 3% cut and all they have to do is throw away their tax exemptions....sounds fair to me

I reject your offer, because if it were me, I'd do awy with the entire tax code in favor of a natinal sales tax with no exemptions for ANYONE.

However , to your point, do you realize that the top 5% wage earners already pay 53% of the income tax paid in this country?

Top 50% of Wage Earners Pay 96.03% of Income Taxes

How is that fair man? I know what you want to say is that those who earn little shouldn't have to pay an equal percentage as those who earn a lot , but that isn't fair. EQUAL protection under the law would mean equal. In other words everyone pays X% no matter their income.

I am perfectly willing to give the top 1% their tax cut back once the deficit has been paid down and the economy is on sound footing

Why is the deficit the responsibility of the rich? If you want to solve this problem you need to get to the root of it. Either one of two things are going on here; 1) Either our government is spending our money as frugally and wisely as they can and they still aren't generating enough revenue to do things it seems to thing it MUST do, or 2) It isn't.

I reject your offer, because if it were me, I'd do awy with the entire tax code in favor of a natinal sales tax with no exemptions for ANYONE.

However , to your point, do you realize that the top 5% wage earners already pay 53% of the income tax paid in this country?

How is that fair man? I know what you want to say is that those who earn little shouldn't have to pay an equal percentage as those who earn a lot , but that isn't fair. EQUAL protection under the law would mean equal. In other words everyone pays X% no matter their income.

Hell yes its FAIR...

It is an Income Tax......It reflects the fact that they are taking in 53% of available income....too bad they have to pay tax on it

I am perfectly willing to give the top 1% their tax cut back once the deficit has been paid down and the economy is on sound footing

Why is the deficit the responsibility of the rich? If you want to solve this problem you need to get to the root of it. Either one of two things are going on here; 1) Either our government is spending our money as frugally and wisely as they can and they still aren't generating enough revenue to do things it seems to thing it MUST do, or 2) It isn't.

Because we are borrowing money to pay for a tax cut that provided no jobs and a crashed economy

Hell yes its FAIR...

It is an Income Tax......It reflects the fact that they are taking in 53% of available income....too bad they have to pay tax on it

You better look at the chart again. They are taking FIVE percent of the available income and paying 53% of the income tax. That is NOT fair.

Hell yes its FAIR...

You better look at the chart again. They are taking FIVE percent of the available income and paying 53% of the income tax. That is NOT fair.

Not in the chart I saw

Please post what you are talking about. Can we get a better source than Ole Rush?

He is known to be less than credible on his comedy show

Hell yes its FAIR...

Not in the chart I saw

Please post what you are talking about. Can we get a better source than Ole Rush?

He is known to be less than credible on his comedy show

Give me a bit and I'll try to find a more acceptable source

Because we are borrowing money to pay for a tax cut that provided no jobs and a crashed economy

We are borrowing orders of magnitude more to pay for the Stimulus, bail outs, and vast expanse of government intrusion into our lives.

Just sayin'.

We are borrowing orders of magnitude more to pay for the Stimulus, bail outs, and vast expanse of government intrusion into our lives.

Just sayin'.

See that is the part rightwinger and other loons don't want to acknowledge, they blame the rich but the truth is that welfare is responsible for 46% of our government's expenditures, how do the rich benefit from welfare?

So, let me get this straight. Taking more money from private individuals to bail out Wall Street, GM, unions, fund various vote buying schemes, etc.... OK.

Allowing people to keep more of that which a person owns..... BAD.

As to tax cuts creating the mess that we're in....

It's a little early to be getting high, isn't it?

Buh bye.

Forum List

Back