Taxes: 1%ers -> PAY UP!!!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
I realize you clowns see your income as nothing-more than a "score" (when comparing-notes with other greedy-assholes)....and, you've got the "conservative"-based convinced God wants you to be so wealthy, but....it's time you PAY YOUR FAIR-SHARE....AGAIN!!!!!!

slap_3f.gif

"According to Fareed Zakaria, letting the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of this year would reduce the deficit by 30%."​

"With the George Bush tax cuts about expire, the issue of what tax rate the upper class should pay has been on a lot of peoples' minds. The current issue of BusinessWeek looks at the widsom and folly of the Bush cuts. For a while it looked certain that tax breaks put in place for couples earning $250,000 or more under Bush would disappear. The Obama administration has said that it is for extending the tax cuts for those making less than that. But lately, more and more lawmakers are saying that even the richest Americans should get their tax breaks too.

That's why I found James Surowiecki's column in this week's New Yorker timely and interesting. Surowiecki proposes not just reinstituting pre-Bush era tax rates on the rich, but going a step further and creating a super tax bracket for those making the mega buck$. Say 50% for those making $10 million or more. At a time when Washington and voters, if not the market, are growing increasingly worried about the deficit, I think the idea of a super tax rate for the super rich makes a lot of sense. Here's why:......http://curiouscapitalist.blogs.time.com/2010/08/10/time-for-super-taxes-for-the-super-rich/

Last edited:
another dummy who doesnt understand the Laffer Curve..............
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......the justification-for/benefits-of tax-cuts, huh?​

"I decided to ask some tax experts and political activists where, in the current personal income tax, and particularly in the top tax bracket, they think that Laffer curve peaks -- that is, what that revenue-maximizing rate is. The responses were varied, to say the least. Let's start with the experts."

Bruce Bartlett, columnist, Forbes.com; former adviser to Reagan and Bush I:

"I would hate to venture a specific number.... I would, however, say that I think the top rate could be quite a bit higher than it is without significantly impairing incentives or leading to excessive amounts of tax avoidance. I think 50 percent is an important threshold and I would be very reluctant to go higher even if it raised net revenue...."

Republican Politicians

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY):

His office declined to answer.

Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC):

Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN):

Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI):

His office declined to answer.​

:lol:

Last edited:
And who decides what their fair share is?

The people of this country get to decide.

You see we are a democracy and when these assholes Fuck us all to up their bottom line and in doing crash the economy we can take back what they took through slimey means (republican butt licking) we vote and take their power away.

I dont care if the assholes leave this country because of it, I have faith in the rest of the American people to fill their jobs and do them better.

I dont consider these Americans irreplaceable if they chose to move out of the country because they cant make 400% profit anymore.

I know alot of Americans who would be just fine with a mere 100% profit.

You idiot fucking troll...

What you and your ilk propose has nothing to do with fairness.. it has everything to do with someone else paying your share for you because you have an inherent need to punish for success... Funny that we don't see you calling for the nearly 50% that do not pay federal income taxes to start paying their 'fair share' as compared to other citizens... funny that you don't go away from your system of selective equality to have each taxpayer taxed the exact same % on every last dollar earned, regardless of income level..

And lest we forget to not that you are indeed using uber-biased huffy puffy opinions as fact, when nothing could be further from the truth

Yet another thread that belongs in the "stupid shit" sub-forum

You see we are a democracy and when these assholes Fuck us all to up their bottom line and in doing crash the economy we can take back what they took through slimey means (republican butt licking) we vote and take their power away.

I dont care if the assholes leave this country because of it, I have faith in the rest of the American people to fill their jobs and do them better.

I dont consider these Americans irreplaceable if they chose to move out of the country because they cant make 400% profit anymore.

I know alot of Americans who would be just fine with a mere 100% profit.

see, i knew you didn't have a problem remembering stupid shit. :thup:

The problem is the definition of fair. People like truth and the OP don't know what that is. Fair to them is the more you make the more you pay in taxes. I still don't understand how that fits any defintion of fair. How does being more succesfull somehow obligate one to shoulder more of the tax of burden?

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Even funnier, the pro-tax crowd are the most vocal in demanding the most free stuff from the "1 per-centers"

But, we're greedy. Too funny.

I dont consider these Americans irreplaceable......
YOUCH!!!!!!

:eek:

HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

You DARE dispute a "conservative"-ABSOLUTE??!!!!

The problem is the definition of fair. People like truth and the OP don't know what that is. Fair to them is the more you make the more you pay in taxes. I still don't understand how that fits any defintion of fair. How does being more succesfull somehow obligate one to shoulder more of the tax of burden?

Was the tax rate for this sector fair under reagan?

Forum List

Back