Taxes: 1%ers -> PAY UP!!!

This is why we have to repeal the 16th Amendment and go to a VAT.
No vat. Flat tax % no exemptions. Consumption taxes hurt the poor just as bad.

As for paying "my fair share", fine, spend your constitutional fair share.

In looking to raise more revenue, why would you go after the people who only have 5 cents of available wealth instead of the 1% of the population that has $33.40 of the available wealth?

Wealth =/= income. It is often held in illiquid, long term, or tax free instruments (municipal bonds).

That's why.

You guys are getting off-topic. This post by rightwinger nailed it /thread

US Wealth Distribution
One way to ‘see’ the distribution of wealth in the U.S. is to imagine a group of 100 people who have a $100 between them. Evenly distributed each would have one dollar of wealth. Alas, that is far from the actual distribution. According to the most recent study, Currents and Undercurrents, by the Survey of Consumer Finance (Federal Reserve, Department of Treasury, 2006) wealth is distributed accordingly:

50 individuals at the bottom have a nickel. ($0.05 times 50 = $2.50)

The next 40 each have $0.70 of wealth (40 times $0.70 - $28.00).

The next 9 each have $4.00 of wealth (nine times $4.00 = $36.00)

The last richest individual has $33.40 (one time $33.40).

Combined, you have $100.00.

In looking to raise more revenue, why would you go after the people who only have 5 cents of available wealth instead of the 1% of the population that has $33.40 of the available wealth?

did you ever ask, why is there a $100 to begin with instead of, say $50, or $25?

You idiot fucking troll...

What you and your ilk propose has nothing to do with fairness.. it has everything to do with someone else paying your share for you because.....blah.....blah.....blah.....blah....

GR2010081106717-thumb-454x592-23659.gif

'Nuff said....

826.gif

Number of citizens who pay zero in income tax... ~50%

NUFF SAID

You guys are getting off-topic. This post by rightwinger nailed it /thread

US Wealth Distribution
One way to ‘see’ the distribution of wealth in the U.S. is to imagine a group of 100 people who have a $100 between them. Evenly distributed each would have one dollar of wealth. Alas, that is far from the actual distribution. According to the most recent study, Currents and Undercurrents, by the Survey of Consumer Finance (Federal Reserve, Department of Treasury, 2006) wealth is distributed accordingly:

50 individuals at the bottom have a nickel. ($0.05 times 50 = $2.50)

The next 40 each have $0.70 of wealth (40 times $0.70 - $28.00).

The next 9 each have $4.00 of wealth (nine times $4.00 = $36.00)

The last richest individual has $33.40 (one time $33.40).

Combined, you have $100.00.

did you ever ask, why is there a $100 to begin with instead of, say $50, or $25?

Ummmm...

Maybe because its a nice round number?

Wealth =/= income. It is often held in illiquid, long term, or tax free instruments (municipal bonds). That's why.

Wrong. Its held off-shore to avoid paying taxes. You don't seem to grasp the simple math of 1% of incomes own 90% of everything, thats all liquid and illiquid assets.

You don't remember the "only little people pay taxes" quote by Leona Helmsley? Ooops...a rich bimbo let the truth skip out...

Last edited:
so you gonna explain how that owner benefits more from the roads than the dishwasher?

Not what I'm doing. I'm just curious why you think people should have to earn the right to keep what they already earned.

Its quite simple Dave...

We belong to a great society and draw much more off of that society than we contribute. As members of a society, we are expected to contribute. In return, we benefit from what that society has to offer.

i am just curious as to what you mean by "drawing" off of society?

how does one contribute to society?
how does one draw from society?
I always hated the phrase, "giving back to society".
How did society help me gain what I have?

Its quite simple Dave...

We belong to a great society and draw much more off of that society than we contribute. As members of a society, we are expected to contribute. In return, we benefit from what that society has to offer.

i am just curious as to what you mean by "drawing" off of society?

how does one contribute to society?
how does one draw from society?
I always hated the phrase, "giving back to society".
How did society help me gain what I have?

It depends...what do you have?

Did you go to school?
Do you drink clean water?
Do you have a flush toilet?
Were you born in a hospital?
Who pays for the roads and bridges you drive on?
Where do you keep your money? What is money if there is no society?
Are the food and drugs you take safe?

Wealth =/= income. It is often held in illiquid, long term, or tax free instruments (municipal bonds).

That's why.
End liberalism. tax trustfunds and wealth.

OK...lets look at the guy in the restaurant

- He gets uncontaminated food
- He gets police and fire protection
- He gets roads so that supplies and customers can reach his restaurant
- He gets sewers, water, electric, gas...
- he gets protection from unfair business practices from his competetors

That is what he gets from society. He does not get a right to succeed. The business that is successful pays taxes on its profits ....the business that fails, he gets the right to declare bankruptcy and blow off all his creditors and he will be protected by society

everyone,poor or rich, gets uncontaminated food.
everyone, poor or rich, gets police/fire protection.
everyone,poor or rich, gets roads,
everyone, poor or rich, gets sewers, water, electirc, gas

i really don't understand the point you're making. how does that show that the rich aren't paying enough in taxes?

so in your opinion, the guy who owns a restaurant, employs 15 people and makes 200K a year, draws more from society than the line cook who makes 10 buck an hour, gets food stamps, takes public transporation to work and doesn't pay any income tax?

Yes he does...The owner of the restaurant needs roads for his customers and supplies to reach his store....the worker only needs to get to work
If the worker buys contaminated food, his family gets sick....If the restaurant owner buys contaminated food....he is out of business
The restaurant owner needs police protection more than the worker...Theives know where the money is

the dishwasher needs roads for his customers and supplies to readch the stores..not to mention to get towrk
if the restaurant doesn't have police protection...the restaurant loses business and the owner can't pay the dishwasher

so how does the owner benefit more from society than the dishwasher?

everyone,poor or rich, gets uncontaminated food.
everyone, poor or rich, gets police/fire protection.
everyone,poor or rich, gets roads,
everyone, poor or rich, gets sewers, water, electirc, gas

i really don't understand the point you're making. how does that show that the rich aren't paying enough in taxes?

so in your opinion, the guy who owns a restaurant, employs 15 people and makes 200K a year, draws more from society than the line cook who makes 10 buck an hour, gets food stamps, takes public transporation to work and doesn't pay any income tax?

Yes he does...The owner of the restaurant needs roads for his customers and supplies to reach his store....the worker only needs to get to work
If the worker buys contaminated food, his family gets sick....If the restaurant owner buys contaminated food....he is out of business
The restaurant owner needs police protection more than the worker...Theives know where the money is

the dishwasher needs roads for his customers and supplies to readch the stores..not to mention to get towrk
if the restaurant doesn't have police protection...the restaurant loses business and the owner can't pay the dishwasher

What the hell are you babbling about?

Roads and transportation supports commerce, commerce = money, money= profit

Business owners make more of profit than employees

What the hell are you babbling about?

Roads and transportation supports commerce, commerce = money, money= profit

Business owners make more of profit than employees

exactly, you have a problem with some people making more than others. why should an owner make more than a dishwasher? the dishwasher probably works harder, right? without the dishwasher, there would be no owner...

you said that the rich man draws more from society, then you pointed to roads, and sewers and police and electricity, etc...

and i pointed out both the rich and the poor benefit equally from society

it seems like you're making the argument, my commute to work is 20 miles and yours is 10, therefore i benefit more from paved roads than you do.

Sewer work pays really well and we find alot of coins. Accumulating a Mil over 30 plus years is not that hard. Home, retirement fund, investments....it all adds up over time

So that's a no, you're not a millionaire. Even if you did own your home outright, you might be a third to halfway there.

They pay the bulk of the taxes because they have the bulk of the income......sounds fair to me.

I guess bizaro liberal world really does exist where words have different meanings than they do here in reality.

They also benefit more from society. As the Golden Rule says....He who has the gold makes the rules

True it would be fair if they were using the bulk of the benefits derived from taxes, but can you show that is actually true.

In this case, the rules were changed to allow the wealthy to pay at a lower tax rate. The justification was...more jobs, trickle down, rising tide lifts all boats, more jobs, stimulate the economy, trickle down

Guess what? It never happened....Was that FAIR?

The last time (and only time in history) the marginal tax rate was lower for the highest income earners then the next lowest tax bracket was 87-90. The difference was 5%. You're going to tell me we learned some major lesson about under taxing the rich over a mere 4 years?

We are not talking about people who make 20-30% more than you or I. We are talking people who make a thousand times what we make.

We are talking about the top 1% of the country who control 35% of the wealth. They are beyond rich. They control enough money to influence the processs. Literally "He who has the gold, makes the rules"
So you much do you want to steal from them?

We are not talking about people who make 20-30% more than you or I. We are talking people who make a thousand times what we make.

We are talking about the top 1% of the country who control 35% of the wealth. They are beyond rich. They control enough money to influence the processs. Literally "He who has the gold, makes the rules"

Sorry pal

Taxes are not stealing...

Actually, I'm wrong. Borrowing money to pay for tax cuts to the super wealthy was stealing from our children and grandchildren

Sorry pal

Actually, I'm wrong. Borrowing money to pay for tax cuts to the super wealthy was stealing from our children and grandchildren

Taxing them to redistribute entitlement to others who pay no income tax is indeed stealing from one to give from another

Sorry pal

Taxing them to redistribute entitlement to others who pay no income tax is indeed stealing from one to give from another

We did have a redistribution of wealth 10 years ago. Seems we borrowed $2 Trillion to provide tax cuts that would spur the economy, create jobs and increase GDP.

The rising economic tide was supposed to lift all boats......it only lifted the yahts

Forum List

Back