Taxes: 1%ers -> PAY UP!!!

Why is the deficit the responsibility of the rich? If you want to solve this problem you need to get to the root of it. Either one of two things are going on here; 1) Either our government is spending our money as frugally and wisely as they can and they still aren't generating enough revenue to do things it seems to thing it MUST do, or 2) It isn't.

Because we are borrowing money to pay for a tax cut that provided no jobs and a crashed economy

We are borrowing orders of magnitude more to pay for the Stimulus, bail outs, and vast expanse of government intrusion into our lives.

Just sayin'.

$2 trillion borrowed to pay for tax cuts

$800 Billion in the Stimulus (40% of which went for tax cuts)

Just sayin'

Because we are borrowing money to pay for a tax cut that provided no jobs and a crashed economy

We are borrowing orders of magnitude more to pay for the Stimulus, bail outs, and vast expanse of government intrusion into our lives.

Just sayin'.

See that is the part rightwinger and other loons don't want to acknowledge, they blame the rich but the truth is that welfare is responsible for 46% of our government's expenditures, how do the rich benefit from welfare?

Haven't you heard? The rich use more services.... the EVIL rich! They're behind everything from nasal warts to chlamydia.

I wonder who's gonna support Rightwingnut when there are no rich?

You never hear them address spending.... it's always a matter of we just need to confiscate more.. from somebody else.

When you forty percenters start paying your taxes.... call me. We'll talk.

Till then; you got nothing but a bunch of class warfare, Marxist claptrap created especially for the sheeple such as yourselves.

Just sayin'.

Just sayin'

how about some oh i don't know , actual facts?

You never hear them address spending.... it's always a matter of we just need to confiscate more.. from somebody else.

yeah, its like when my kid was 10 and made an allowance and one day he came to me and said he deserved a higher allowance, he was getting $50 a week, and I asked him why, and his response was that he spent more a week than his allowance was. Well son, I guess you need to stop spending so much. DUH

Just sayin'.

Just sayin'

how do we come up with the $2 trillion borrowed to pay for tax cuts?

Just sayin'.

Just sayin'

Ignore rightwinger, he's being more than stupid here. His contention is that 5% should pay more than 50% of the taxes in this nation while 43% pay nothing at all.

That's just retarded.

" but the truth is that welfare is responsible for 46% of our government's expenditures," --NOT SO.

"USgovernmentspending.com lists 2009 expenses budgeted for Welfare at 395.4 billion compared to 736.2 billion for pensions, 784.2 billion for health, 821.7 billion for defense (not including emergency requests for Iraq), and 91.7 for education (other data not listed) with a total of 3,997.2 billion of a total federal expense." WikiAnswers - What percentage of the U.S. federal budget is spent on entitlements

Welfare is 9.9% (395/3997.2) of the all federal expenditures.

Just sayin'.

Just sayin'

$200 billion a year for the 10 years of the tax cuts

Just sayin'

Ignore rightwinger, he's being more than stupid here. His contention is that 5% should pay more than 50% of the taxes in this nation while 43% pay nothing at all.

That's just retarded.

Just Retarded?

How do you figure that when 5% of our population commands over 50% of the available wealth that they should not be coughing up 50% of the taxes

What IS Retarded is the people who believe that people with NO WEALTH should be coughing up more of the taxes

US Wealth Distribution

One way to ‘see’ the distribution of wealth in the U.S. is to imagine a group of 100 people who have a $100 between them. Evenly distributed each would have one dollar of wealth. Alas, that is far from the actual distribution. According to the most recent study, Currents and Undercurrents, by the Survey of Consumer Finance (Federal Reserve, Department of Treasury, 2006) wealth is distributed accordingly:

50 individuals at the bottom have a nickel. ($0.05 times 50 = $2.50)

The next 40 each have $0.70 of wealth (40 times $0.70 - $28.00).

The next 9 each have $4.00 of wealth (nine times $4.00 = $36.00)

The last richest individual has $33.40 (one time $33.40).

Why are you going after the people who have 5 cents of the wealth to pay more taxes?

What was the word you used? Retarded?

Last edited:

That's just retarded.

Just Retarded?

How do you figure that when 5% of our population commands over 50% of the available wealth that they shhould not be coughing up 50% of the taxes

What IS Retarded is the people who believe that people with NO WEALTH should be coughing up more of the taxes

People with NO wealth should be coughing up SOMETHING? Wouldn't you agree? No of course you wouldn't.

By the way 43% of the people in this country pay NOTHING in income tax in the US, but there is NOWAY 43% of the people in the US are poor.

I'm done with you, you're an idiot. Enjoy arguing in this thread with someone who doesn't mind a babbling , uneducated hack.

The wealthy put their wealth in Swiss banks and other off-shore tax shelters. Sen Wellstone tried to go after the off-shore tax dodgers and got his family whacked. What happened to Obama's attempts to get the off-shore tax evaders?

just google "offshore tax shelters" and you can see the slimeballs.

That's just retarded.

Just Retarded?

How do you figure that when 5% of our population commands over 50% of the available wealth that they shhould not be coughing up 50% of the taxes

People with NO wealth should be coughing up SOMETHING? Wouldn't you agree? No of course you wouldn't.

By the way 43% of the people in this country pay NOTHING in income tax in the US, but there is NOWAY 43% of the people in the US are poor.

I'm done with you, you're an idiot. Enjoy arguing in this thread with someone who doesn't mind a babbling , uneducated hack.

The tax rates have been established for decades. The fact that 43% of the people pay no federal tax reflects the fact that our economy sucks and millions of Americans are struggling to survive, It used to be you could support a family on one salary. Now, two salarys are needed to provide a basic standard of living.
People are working paycheck to paycheck (if they are working at all)....And you want them to pay MORE in taxes so that the 1% who have 34% of the wealth will not see their standard of living decline?

so you want to let them "earn' the right to keep the money they earned?

interesting way to look at it.
That mindset is driven by the notion that ALL money belongs to the government.

Could I have a link where ANYONE has ever said that?

Nice reach there....returning 3% in tax rate becomes the government taking ALL the money
Not what I said. I said you believe government owns all the money -- they just let people keep some of it.

Or perhaps it is driven by the notion that we ought to pay our bills instead of leaving them to be paid by our progeny?
Conservatives have always believed that. The Democrats at the GOP, however, have not.

Then why did a conservative icon like Ron Reagan triple the deficit.........leaving his bills to be paid by his progeny?
I don't feel obligated to defend a policy I oppose.

US Wealth Distribution

US Wealth Distribution
One way to ‘see’ the distribution of wealth in the U.S. is to imagine a group of 100 people who have a $100 between them. Evenly distributed each would have one dollar of wealth. Alas, that is far from the actual distribution. According to the most recent study, Currents and Undercurrents, by the Survey of Consumer Finance (Federal Reserve, Department of Treasury, 2006) wealth is distributed accordingly:

50 individuals at the bottom have a nickel. ($0.05 times 50 = $2.50)

The next 40 each have $0.70 of wealth (40 times $0.70 - $28.00).

The next 9 each have $4.00 of wealth (nine times $4.00 = $36.00)

The last richest individual has $33.40 (one time $33.40).

Combined, you have $100.00.

The question is......

In looking to raise more revenue, why would you go after the people who only have 5 cents of available wealth instead of the 1% of the population that has $33.40 of the available wealth?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back