Taxes: 1%ers -> PAY UP!!!

This guy is nuts, the sad thing is no other lefttie EVER comes out and says so about there extremists , even though you and I both know that most leties don't agree with Karl here that anyone should be saying "you're worthless so you don't deserve your money." It makes their whole agenda look ridiculous. Just once i'd like to see a reasonable left wing person come in and say "shut the fuck up" to these morons.

Wait, first you were defending rich people because the accomplish so much. I pointed one out that is pretty much useless - there are a lot more like her. Then you defend her for being useless because she's rich? Do you think she REALLY deserves her (grandfather's) money? No one is suggesting it be taken away, but it's not like she (or her father) worked for it. What you are saying, then is that the rich can do no wrong and deserve to control 90% of this country's wealth... just because they're already rich? Hmmm.

there are people suggesting it be taken away.

if we are simply animals whose main goal is to procreate and pass our genes down to the next generation, being wealthy puts you in a bit of a pickle.

on the one hand, being able to supply many many generations with financial security goes a long way in enabling your genes can be passed on. in theory, the less you have to work the more you can focus your time on raising a family.

however, the more wealth you pass on to your heirs, the more likely they are to become utter douche bags with a lazy work ethic that will just pass on shitty genes to your descendants. i have to imagine the original hilton would throw up if he knew how much of his money went to paris' party habits.

see, the rich have it tough too.

Wait...which one of you bozos is always saying liberals make more money than conservatives? Your chart doesn't agree with that.

Wha? That chart is the size of tax breaks according to Dems and Reps.... not income.

Not even sure what a 1 percenter is anymore... But I will say this, at the heart of your argument is the tired old "From each according to his means, to each according to his needs" bullshit.

Marxist dogma through and through. Again, go become a 1 percenter and quit being so bitter towards those that have accomplished something.
He can't. The Man is keeping him down. :(

Of course, nobody can really point to anything The Man has done to keep them down. They just know he's doing it. Maybe stuff like making them party instead of getting educated; making them pick a fluffy, worthless major instead of something salable; making them watch TV instead of working overtime; or making them be lazy instead of starting their own business.

Darn that The Man! :mad:

no i am not defending paris, geez you're dishonest.

Let's look at this way. Let's say your grandfather bought a 1957 chevy convertible brand new and he babied that car and kept it in like brand new condition. Now let's say he passed that car on to you, now let's say your neighbor came down the road and said "you know mr peepers, that's a lovely 1957 chevy convertible you have sitting in your garage, and i see you have another car, 2 in fac,t sitting in your driveway, and well i have no car and seeings as how you didn't do anything to earn that 1957 chevy convertible anyway i think i'll take it. Besides you're worthless."

how would you react? I'd tell the guy to piss off.

NO ONE suggested taking anything away? How on earth are you righties even injecting that into this converstation???

Last edited:
He can't. The Man is keeping him down.

Of course, nobody can really point to anything The Man has done to keep them down. They just know he's doing it. Maybe stuff like making them party instead of getting educated; making them pick a fluffy, worthless major instead of something salable; making them watch TV instead of working overtime; or making them be lazy instead of starting their own business.

Darn that The Man!

Are you high? Who said anything about the "man" keeping anyone down. Isn't "the man" the government???

Wow,talk about a tired old talking-point. Is this all you Dems got? You guys better get back to your endless Race-Baiting and wishing death on politicians. You might have a better chance with that chit. Yea the iceberg in now in sight. See ya Dems. :)

He's just another Marxist dipshit who thinks we should all be dragged down to the same level. The stupidity of it is, everyhthing they profess depends on achievers to accomplish.

First off, I'm a she and I am not in any way a Marxist. I have actually studied Marx, and it's obvious that you have not. Who suggested anyone being dragged down? Did I suggest that someone take her money away? No, I did not. Here you are again with the "achievers". Many people work very hard and achieve great things, but they are not wealthy - you mean "the uber rich", I think. Oh, and how much you want to bet that miss Hilton pays less in taxes than I do? I can almost guarantee it. Do you think that is fair or right?

I trust you are kidding when you say, with nearly 100% certainty, that you pay more in taxes than the amount of taxes paid on the money Paris Hilton uses per year. WHether she is given that money or paid it as a salary from the estate, it is taxed. If it is given, there is a gift tax...not to mention that whoever earned it to begin wih was taxed on it.

Family wealth is a good thing. I dont see the problem whatsoever. I would have loved to have been able to earn enough so that my children will never need to worry financially.

I smell jealousy...and to be frank Peepers....most of your posts talk about what others have and why they shouldnt.

That is jealousy.

Funny how these people forget why this country was founded.

It was to give the average Joe a chance to build his own wealth.

When you allow wealth to be passed down and consolidated into fewer and fewer families you build a upper class that holds all the marbles just like the kings and queens created.

There is a reason you can only pass on so much wealth without taxes, its to avoid creating new kings and queens.

You idiots are fighting to protect the new kings and queens.

How is that relevant? Other than the fact that you just announced to USMB that you think that you and you alone should be the sole arbitrator of how much someone is worth.

What good did her grandfather do? Well he founded a company that employes roughly 105,000 people today

Hilton Worldwide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But hey, that's not important because YOU don't like him.

What size jackboot should I order you?

Whatever. I was just commenting on the fact that people who really do contribute to the betterment of society often seem to go uncompensated while people who own a bunch of hotels have more money that god. Just an observation, you can unclench now.
How many musicians employ 105,000 people full-time?

He can't. The Man is keeping him down.

Darn that The Man!

Are you high? Who said anything about the "man" keeping anyone down. Isn't "the man" the government???
Beats me. The Man isn't keeping me down.

Yea doze evooooool rich baaasterds!! They're probably RAAAAAAACEEEEEEESSTS too! And dat BOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!! lol! Yea you Dems are pretty much out of material at this point. That stuff is pretty old & tired. Pulling out the old "1% Evil Rich People" card is just plain lame. Hey good luck with all that though. Bye Bye Dems. :)

Last edited:
Funny how these people forget why this country was founded.

It was to give the average Joe a chance to build his own wealth.

When you allow wealth to be passed down and consolidated into fewer and fewer families you build a upper class that holds all the marbles just like the kings and queens created.

There is a reason you can only pass on so much wealth without taxes, its to avoid creating new kings and queens.

You idiots are fighting to protect the new kings and queens.
How many people do you employ? The Hiltons sign 105,000 paychecks.

so paris hilton is equivalent to the queen of england, circa 1775?

I trust you are kidding when you say, with nearly 100% certainty, that you pay more in taxes than the amount of taxes paid on the money Paris Hilton uses per year.

I meant to say more of a percentage of my income goes to taxes than hers, so yes, I can be pretty sure of that.

I smell jealousy...and to be frank Peepers....most of your posts talk about what others have and why they shouldnt.

That is jealousy

How so, I didn't say I want to be wealthy like her? I just pointed out that she is not an "achiever". Yeah, I'm jealous of that nitwit. That's rich. I'd rather live in a dumpster than to be a brainless bimbo.

Last edited:
no i am not defending paris, geez you're dishonest.

Let's look at this way. Let's say your grandfather bought a 1957 chevy convertible brand new and he babied that car and kept it in like brand new condition. Now let's say he passed that car on to you, now let's say your neighbor came down the road and said "you know mr peepers, that's a lovely 1957 chevy convertible you have sitting in your garage, and i see you have another car, 2 in fac,t sitting in your driveway, and well i have no car and seeings as how you didn't do anything to earn that 1957 chevy convertible anyway i think i'll take it. Besides you're worthless."

how would you react? I'd tell the guy to piss off.

NO ONE suggested taking anything away? How on earth are you righties even injecting that into this converstation???

raising taxes because you feel they aren't paying enough = taking money away from , duh!

Forum List

Back