Taxes: 1%ers -> PAY UP!!!

If the rich are not "keeping their money" why is their percentage of wealth increasing in a downward economy while the working class standard of living is diminishing? They are not creating more wealth for everyone, the rising tide is only lifting the yachts

Stop trying to make me feel sorry for the 1%
Not what I'm doing. I'm just curious why you think people should have to earn the right to keep what they already earned.

Its quite simple Dave...

We belong to a great society and draw much more off of that society than we contribute. As members of a society, we are expected to contribute. In return, we benefit from what that society has to offer.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!

"A common, and misguided, criticism of the estate tax is that individuals who work hard and save their money should be entitled to pass on the fruits of that labor to their family. I am not against working hard, saving money, or taking care of your family.

However we must acknowledge that the person who accumulates wealth in this country was not able to do that independently. The simple fact of living in America, a country with stable markets and unparalleled opportunity fueled in part by government investment in technology and research (something my family has plenty of firsthand experience of), provide an irreplaceable foundation for success and have created a society which makes it possible for some men, women and their children to live an elegant life.

I attended the University of Washington under the G.I. Bill, and then became a lawyer enjoying a successful career that allowed me to provide well for my family so that they in turn were able to create their own wealth. So I believe that those of us who have benefited so greatly from our country's investment in our lives should be asked to give a portion of our wealth back to inve$t in opportunities for the future."

Not what I'm doing. I'm just curious why you think people should have to earn the right to keep what they already earned.

Its quite simple Dave...

We belong to a great society and draw much more off of that society than we contribute. As members of a society, we are expected to contribute. In return, we benefit from what that society has to offer.

i am just curious as to what you mean by "drawing" off of society?

how does one contribute to society?
how does one draw from society?
"Get it".....yet???​

Its quite simple Dave...

Bingo!!!!!!!!!

"A common, and misguided, criticism of the estate tax is that individuals who work hard and save their money should be entitled to pass on the fruits of that labor to their family. I am not against working hard, saving money, or taking care of your family.

However we must acknowledge that the person who accumulates wealth in this country was not able to do that independently. The simple fact of living in America, a country with stable markets and unparalleled opportunity fueled in part by government investment in technology and research (something my family has plenty of firsthand experience of), provide an irreplaceable foundation for success and have created a society which makes it possible for some men, women and their children to live an elegant life.

I attended the University of Washington under the G.I. Bill, and then became a lawyer enjoying a successful career that allowed me to provide well for my family so that they in turn were able to create their own wealth. So I believe that those of us who have benefited so greatly from our country's investment in our lives should be asked to give a portion of our wealth back to inve$t in opportunities for the future."

And some draw INFINITELY more... as they don't have a stake in the game because they DON'T PAY ANY FREAKING INCOME TAXES

Sorry pal

Taxes are not stealing...

Actually, I'm wrong. Borrowing money to pay for tax cuts to the super wealthy was stealing from our children and grandchildren

Taxing them to redistribute entitlement to others who pay no income tax is indeed stealing from one to give from another

We did have a redistribution of wealth 10 years ago. Seems we borrowed $2 Trillion to provide tax cuts that would spur the economy, create jobs and increase GDP.

The rising economic tide was supposed to lift all boats......it only lifted the yahts

1. I don't support huge government spending this way no matter what party writes it up
2. It is not redistribution of wealth when you are cutting the extraordinary high tax rates of some down to still high levels when ~50% still pay ZERO in income taxes

I would support no income tax cuts.. if indeed we equaled it out so that those paying no income taxes payed the same rate on every dollar earned as those in the highest tax bracket.... no exceptions...

When you get benefits and entitlements and you pay NOTHING, that is indeed redistribution, you fucking leftist buffoon

Why is the deficit the responsibility of the rich? If you want to solve this problem you need to get to the root of it. Either one of two things are going on here; 1) Either our government is spending our money as frugally and wisely as they can and they still aren't generating enough revenue to do things it seems to thing it MUST do, or 2) It isn't.

Because we are borrowing money to pay for a tax cut that provided no jobs and a crashed economy

How is that the fault of the rich?
Gee......let's try to figure-that-out...... :rolleyes:
"When George W. Bush took office, his Administration loudly touted its corporate credential$. In place of Clinton's policy wonks, the Bush economic team featured real businessmen, who knew how the world worked, and who appreciated, in a visceral and practical way, the value of free markets. Bush had more former C.E.O.$ in his Cabinet than any previous President."

You really believe the tax cut is why the economy crashed?
Gee....let's seeeeeee.

The folks (heavily-invested in our oil/weapons-industries) made the mo$t money....from TWO WARS....yet, they got tax-cuts....helping them avoid too-much o' the co$t$ of War. They allowed the rest-of-us to cover that expense....while they convinced the Bank O' Bejing our credit was still good.​

Taxing them to redistribute entitlement to others who pay no income tax is indeed stealing from one to give from another

We did have a redistribution of wealth 10 years ago. Seems we borrowed $2 Trillion to provide tax cuts that would spur the economy, create jobs and increase GDP.

The rising economic tide was supposed to lift all boats......it only lifted the yahts

1. I don't support huge government spending this way no matter what party writes it up
2. It is not redistribution of wealth when you are cutting the extraordinary high tax rates of some down to still high levels when ~50% still pay ZERO in income taxes

I would support no income tax cuts.. if indeed we equaled it out so that those paying no income taxes payed the same rate on every dollar earned as those in the highest tax bracket.... no exceptions...

When you get benefits and entitlements and you pay NOTHING, that is indeed redistribution, you fucking leftist buffoon

The reason they pay no income tax is that they fall below the pre-mandated income levels for the number of people in their household

This means their money goes for food, housing, heat, transportation and they have little extra cash so that mega-millionaires can pay less

Two questions.....

1. Would you trade places with that family of four that struggles to survive and pays no taxes?

2. Would you trade places with the mega millionaire who has to pay an additional 3% in income taxes?

The reason they pay no income tax is that they fall below the pre-mandated income levels for the number of people in their household

This means their money goes for food, housing, heat, transportation and they have little extra cash so that mega-millionaires can pay less

Two questions.....

1. Would you trade places with that family of four that struggles to survive and pays no taxes?

2. Would you trade places with the mega millionaire who has to pay an additional 3% in income taxes?

Again... you support a system based on unequal treatment, when it benefits you

Whether I would trade places with someone is not relevant... as I set my path.... I determine my income... this does not take away from what you are indeed supporting, being unequal treatment under law

Whether you are successful or not, have extra or not, is not a concern of the government...

Your only idea of fair share is having your share paid by someone else who you are jealous of

Two questions.....

Again... you support a system based on unequal treatment, when it benefits you

Whether I would trade places with someone is not relevant... as I set my path.... I determine my income... this does not take away from what you are indeed supporting, being unequal treatment under law

Whether you are successful or not, have extra or not, is not a concern of the government...

Your only idea of fair share is having your share paid by someone else who you are jealous of

Your "Fair Share" is determined by your elected officials.

In this case, our elected officials decided to cut taxes on the wealthy ten years ago and give them a smaller "fair share"

Now, since that tax cut did not deliver what was promised, that "fair share" is determined to be higher.

America...What a country!

We are not talking about people who make 20-30% more than you or I. We are talking people who make a thousand times what we make.

We are talking about the top 1% of the country who control 35% of the wealth. They are beyond rich. They control enough money to influence the processs. Literally "He who has the gold, makes the rules"
So you much do you want to steal from them?

Sorry pal

Actually, I'm wrong. Borrowing money to pay for tax cuts to the super wealthy was stealing from our children and grandchildren
How about borrowing money to pay back Democratic special interest groups and to buy votes for Democratic candidates? Is that stealing?

Sorry pal

And the Stimulus Package, that was designed to lift all boats...and hasn't...has redistributed wealth to Dem supporters.

Lest we forget the 'equal treatment under the law' that far lefties like you only seem to support when it benefits you.. but when unequal treatment benefits you, then it is ok

Liberals do not support equal treatment under the law. They support special treatment mandated by law for their special interest groups.

Isn't increasing debt by $2 trillion to pay for a tax cut during wartime...."Special Treatment"?

And the Stimulus Package, that was designed to lift all boats...and hasn't...has redistributed wealth to Dem supporters.

40% of the stimulus was tax cuts.......

Sounds familiar doesn't it?

As members of a society, we are expected to contribute.

oh REALLY....? So I'll be seeing you at church woshiping in the front row yes? It's where I expect you as a moral member of society contributing to our very important spiritual health as a nation.

You and your fellow moral relativists have no authority or credibility to speak about what is moral and good in society since you yourself act as if feelings makes right. I don't have to help any of my fellow men I do not feel worthy of my help and you have no right to tell me I have to by dint of force (taxation) if it is not constitutionally mandated. And don't try to handle me that bullshit misinterpretation of the good n' plenty clause of general welfare and interstate commerce. Those are false definitions supported by those getting graft and power from it.

Last edited:
Lest we forget the 'equal treatment under the law' that far lefties like you only seem to support when it benefits you.. but when unequal treatment benefits you, then it is ok

Liberals do not support equal treatment under the law. They support special treatment mandated by law for their special interest groups.

Isn't increasing debt by $2 trillion to pay for a tax cut during wartime...."Special Treatment"?

Isn't increasing the debt by much more than $2T to funnel money to unions and cronies "Special Treatment"?

At least with tax cuts, they apply to everyone who pays income taxes.

As members of a society, we are expected to contribute.

oh REALLY....? So I'll be seeing you at church woshiping in the front row yes? It's where I expect you as a moral member of society contributing to our very important spiritual health as a nation.

You and your fellow moral relativists have no authority or credibility to speak about what is moral and good in society since you yourself act as if feelings makes right. I don't have to help any of my fellow men I do not feel worthy of my help and you have no right to tell me I have to by dint of force (taxation) if it is not constitutionally mandated. And don't try to handle me that bullshit misinterpretation of the good n' plenty clause of general welfare and interstate commerce. Those are false definitions supported by those getting graft and power from it.

What does church have to do with morality?

Spiritual health as a nation? Haven't you seen the Constitution?

Isn't increasing the debt by much more than $2T to funnel money to unions and cronies "Special Treatment"?

Can you provide any information on where "unions and cronies" have received in excess of $2 trillion? Should be interesting

Ahh yes,the old "Evil 1%ers" rant. Now you know the Democrats are desperate. Playing the old "Evil rich people" card? What's next,the old & tired Race-Card? Yea,dark days ahead for Dems. They're really scraping the bottom now. It's pretty damn hilarious. :)

Can you provide any information on where "unions and cronies" have received in excess of $2 trillion? Should be interesting

So Easy:

- The Stimulus bill of $862B was largely aimed at propping up state and local public employee unions.

- ObamaCare is $940B (actually much larger) of funding to the benefit of Big Insurance, Big Pharma and the Public Employee Bureaucracy.

- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are into the U.S. taxpayer for $150-$160B as of now. Congress removed the $400B ceiling earlier this year. It is quite likely that when all is said and done, U.S. taxpayers will bail out these two Obamanations for $1T. And yet, they are not mentioned in the Financial Reform Bill. Why? They're stuffed with political cronies (that's how Rahmbo made his $millions) and benefit financial sector cronies.

Forum List

Back