Tax the rich, lose the rich

Yeah, none of these things are true.

"Marxism" is a anarco-collectivist philosophy. As in, there is no "government" to own anything.

Learn the definitions of words before you use them.
Call it what you like. It's anti-freedom, and history has shown it to be an utter failure.
"History" has shown nothing, there has never been a "Marxist" society on this planet, ever. Marxism is a utopian pipe dream, that has never occured. Just like laissez-faire capitalism. That's never worked either.
But that doesn't stop fools from wanting to try Marxism, insisting it'll work. Freedom is the human default mode. Any system that limits that freedom too much will fail. Ever single time.

Plus, I don't think you've ever actually met a "leftist". Name one person on this board who is in favor of what you call "rigid speech and thought control".
Any one of you wannabe totalitarians who want Fox News shut down.

Show me a single post that advocates shutting down fox news by a non-troll poster.
You really think there aren't people here who want Fox shut down? :lol:

But here's a group of people who think it should be shut down.

American workers have... and for less money too.

Enter problem number two of the liberal mindset: Everything is predestined. You have no control over your future, your opportunities for making money float in the wind and luck cloud may land on you or it may not....according to liberals.

yea bern.. go tell that to all those starving humans in Ethiopia who, apparently, just need to learn where their own bootstraps are located.

:cuckoo:
How much of your own money are you sending them?

Enter problem number two of the liberal mindset: Everything is predestined. You have no control over your future, your opportunities for making money float in the wind and luck cloud may land on you or it may not....according to liberals.

yea bern.. go tell that to all those starving humans in Ethiopia who, apparently, just need to learn where their own bootstraps are located.

:cuckoo:
How much of your own money are you sending them?

clearly you missed my point in regard to what I replied to. It doesn't shock me that you miss nuance like a fat chick walking a tightrope.

I do not see it as you see it.
You see it as saving the rich.
I see it as allwoing the job creators to have the capital TO CREATE JOBS.
Once we start creating jobs, we have an increase in tax revenue. Once we have an increase in tax revenue, we start working on our debt.

Yeah it would be nice if such a fictional world worked with reality but the reality, that most of the right continues to ignore, is the fact that the job creators have been allowed to have their capital but they haven't created jobs with it. Why is it that you continue to ignore this FACT?

Bush's tax cuts are still in effect and have been this whole time and yet where are the jobs?? Why should we give MORE or even extend the taxcuts to get them to create jobs if they haven't done so already?? They had the motivation to do so and chose not to and now the right is arguing that we should allow them to keep the motivation in the HOPES that they will do what they said they would do when they got the motivation the first time around.

We are in a recession.
We were told that our cost to employ is going up due to healthcare reform.
We are in a recession.
We are told that our taxes are going up due to the tax cut roll backs.
We are in a recession.

Example....real example...

I own a small business.
I made good money up until 2 years ago.
My house value went down so I can not count on capital from my house.
I have not laid off.
Business is slow (recession).
I take home less now than one of my employees as I did not lower her salary...I opted to take less home.
I was told that my cost to employ is going up due to healthcare.
I will NOT lower her salary or anyone elses in my empoly, so if business does not pick up I will take home even less than I am now making it real tight.
I am now going to have my taxes raised...giving me even LESS to take home.
Business is still slow.
Taking even less home may put me in a position to have to lay off so I can meet my bills.
If I dont meet my bills, I go bankrupt and ALL of my employees lose their jobs.

So call it what you want. Call me evil. Tell me I hate the working class.

Say whatever you want.

You tell me excactly what I should do?

Pay your fair share, you should have seen this mess coming, I did and I prepared.

Call it what you like. It's anti-freedom, and history has shown it to be an utter failure.
"History" has shown nothing, there has never been a "Marxist" society on this planet, ever. Marxism is a utopian pipe dream, that has never occured. Just like laissez-faire capitalism. That's never worked either.
But that doesn't stop fools from wanting to try Marxism, insisting it'll work. Freedom is the human default mode. Any system that limits that freedom too much will fail. Ever single time.
We've already determined that you don't know what "Marxism" means. Tell me, how does "Marxism" limit freedom?

Any one of you wannabe totalitarians who want Fox News shut down.

Show me a single post that advocates shutting down fox news by a non-troll poster.
You really think there aren't people here who want Fox shut down? :lol:

But here's a group of people who think it should be shut down.
I did say "on this board".

It is up to you to strive to go to the next level.

One needs to strive to better themselves to get to the next level.

Except that levels one, two and three don't exist in this country anymore. Now what?

How very true, they seemed to completely ignore my post about the shrinking middle class.

Placing less value on individual freedoms than collective interests. Centrally planned economy. Government run or owned industry. Rigid speech and thought control.

You know...all the things leftists love.

"Marxism" is a anarco-collectivist philosophy. As in, there is no "government" to own anything.

Plus, I don't think you've ever actually met a "leftist". Name one person on this board who is in favor of what you call "rigid speech and thought control".

The closest thing in modern times to a worker's society as leftist philosophies dictate(d) would be parts of Spain during the Spanish Civil War. It didn't last long.
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

More Rich Americans Renounce U.S. Citizenship over Taxes - DailyFinance

Keep in mind that wealthy people represent the dynamic force in our economy, starting businesses, expanding existing businesses or investing in new or starting companies. That they want to take their marbles and leave is a bad sign for us.
All you "don't let the screen door hit you where the good Lord split you" liberal class warriors can just STFU now.

Yeah and despite the fact that bush's tax cuts which were supposed to spur growth are still active while the wealthy that you are referring to chose and are choosing to pocket the tax breaks and have not used them to act as the dynamic force in our economy and are now asking for MORE.

Sometimes you have to say enough is enough. If they have the tax cuts but haven't used them for what they claimed they would use them for then why should they get more or even keep what they got??

You mean the tax cuts that are expiring in January? The ones Geithner said he would oppose renewing?
Do you think wealthy people wait around until taxes hit them before they do something?
The economy expanded for 7 years after the tax cuts. To pretend otherwise is the mark of a partisan retard.
Of course look who I'm responding to.

Ah it's the troll, I saw that you never came back to that other thread after chiming in to attack me and accusing me of saying things I never said. Not that I expected you to have the integrity to do admit that you were wrong but I at least expected a response. LOL Looks like I expected too much from a troll like you. Don't worry I won't make the same mistake twice. lol

Yeah in january but how long have they been in place and what excuses do offer as to why they haven't done what the right said these job creators would do and what assurances can be offerend that they will follow through in the future??

My how hilarious it is when dishonest trolling hacks try to give the credit for the growth only to the tax cuts ingoring all else that happened. Thanks for exposing yourself as nothing but a partisan retard who makes things up as he goes along. BTW the tax cuts were initially passed in 2001 and estended in 2003 so are you actually trying to claim that economy expanded until 2008??

They lower the cost of IT sector and telecomunication services, like your internet and cable or satellite TV.

That's funny. Really funny. The cost of both of those (cable and internet) has gone up about 40% since I've had the service (4 years). Nice try, though.

Yeah and despite the fact that bush's tax cuts which were supposed to spur growth are still active while the wealthy that you are referring to chose and are choosing to pocket the tax breaks and have not used them to act as the dynamic force in our economy and are now asking for MORE.

Sometimes you have to say enough is enough. If they have the tax cuts but haven't used them for what they claimed they would use them for then why should they get more or even keep what they got??

You mean the tax cuts that are expiring in January? The ones Geithner said he would oppose renewing?
Do you think wealthy people wait around until taxes hit them before they do something?
The economy expanded for 7 years after the tax cuts. To pretend otherwise is the mark of a partisan retard.
Of course look who I'm responding to.

Ah it's the troll, I saw that you never came back to that other thread after chiming in to attack me and accusing me of saying things I never said. Not that I expected you to have the integrity to do admit that you were wrong but I at least expected a response. LOL Looks like I expected too much from a troll like you. Don't worry I won't make the same mistake twice. lol

Yeah in january but how long have they been in place and what excuses do offer as to why they haven't done what the right said these job creators would do and what assurances can be offerend that they will follow through in the future??

My how hilarious it is when dishonest trolling hacks try to give the credit for the growth only to the tax cuts ingoring all else that happened. Thanks for exposing yourself as nothing but a partisan retard who makes things up as he goes along. BTW the tax cuts were initially passed in 2001 and estended in 2003 so are you actually trying to claim that economy expanded until 2008??

YOUUUUUUUU ARE HITTLERRRRRRRZZZZ!!!!

zell-miller.jpg

Yeah it would be nice if such a fictional world worked with reality but the reality, that most of the right continues to ignore, is the fact that the job creators have been allowed to have their capital but they haven't created jobs with it. Why is it that you continue to ignore this FACT?

Bush's tax cuts are still in effect and have been this whole time and yet where are the jobs?? Why should we give MORE or even extend the taxcuts to get them to create jobs if they haven't done so already?? They had the motivation to do so and chose not to and now the right is arguing that we should allow them to keep the motivation in the HOPES that they will do what they said they would do when they got the motivation the first time around.

We are in a recession.
We were told that our cost to employ is going up due to healthcare reform.
We are in a recession.
We are told that our taxes are going up due to the tax cut roll backs.
We are in a recession.

Example....real example...

I own a small business.
I made good money up until 2 years ago.
My house value went down so I can not count on capital from my house.
I have not laid off.
Business is slow (recession).
I take home less now than one of my employees as I did not lower her salary...I opted to take less home.
I was told that my cost to employ is going up due to healthcare.
I will NOT lower her salary or anyone elses in my empoly, so if business does not pick up I will take home even less than I am now making it real tight.
I am now going to have my taxes raised...giving me even LESS to take home.
Business is still slow.
Taking even less home may put me in a position to have to lay off so I can meet my bills.
If I dont meet my bills, I go bankrupt and ALL of my employees lose their jobs.

So call it what you want. Call me evil. Tell me I hate the working class.

Say whatever you want.

You tell me excactly what I should do?

Pay your fair share, you should have seen this mess coming, I did and I prepared.

And so did I. That is why I am taking home less now and still paying my bills.
AND I did not need to layoff anyone even though most of them sit around twittling their thumbs all day as business is very slow.

So give me an answer that makes sense. I am a business owner. I can do it the easy way and close down and take all of the payroll capital and retire if I want.
But I wont. I want to "do my part"..and keep things going.
But now you want to make it even TOUGHER for me to stay open and make me give even MORE.
ANd I will be forced to lay off.

So give me a rational answer. Not one that supports your argument but makes no sense.

They lower the cost of IT sector and telecomunication services, like your internet and cable or satellite TV.

That's funny. Really funny. The cost of both of those (cable and internet) has gone up about 40% since I've had the service (4 years). Nice try, though.

You in NY?

If yes, you are lying.

Cable and internet prices have plummeted opver the last 4 years.

sure it does. You assume that individuals are the sum total influence in their personal income. You can't deny that opportunity is starkly limited in Ethiopia like you can when ignoring the reality of a starved middle class in America. Feel free to either admit you are wrong or dance around the facts some more.

I did previously admit that the playing field is not even for everyone. And indeed quite up hill for the avg. Ethiopian I would imagine. But we're not talking about Ethiopia. We're talking about America. The middle class is not starving in America. Hell be current statistical measurements i would be considered poor on my salary. Making it even more amazing what I am able to afford even though I am technically 'poor'. Yes there is some middle ground. But you seem to believe exactly as I said that where people wind up financially as all about fate and that individuals can't possibly be responsible for the position they find themselves in life. The fact is all it takes is some simple observation of the people around you. If you aren't motivated to do what it takes to become more than a phone rep. then you have no right to expect that you'll be more than that and make more than the pay said skill set deserves.

Indeed, those beggars on the streets of calcutta probably have no idea where their own bootstraps are too, RIGHT BERN?

Don't know, don't care. YOU are whining about the plight of people in this country. Stay on subject.

The closest thing in modern times to a worker's society as leftist philosophies dictate(d) would be parts of Spain during the Spanish Civil War. It didn't last long.

You vote Democrat then? Because the Anarchist-Marxist-leftist society that failed, didn't fail because of their own policies.

They failed because Stalin and the Soviet Union, as well as the government of the Spanish Republic actively worked against it.

Funny coming from the party that hates history so much they try to rewrite it all the time

He should have----do you have a problem with any of those principles ?

Funny. I was thinking the same thing.

Just becuase someone never said it means that the principles themselves are not valid and worthy of following?

It is like...

"Because Glen Beck is the one who found it out, it is not worth worrying about"

SO If I am in a building and a guy I dont like screams "fire"....I will say..."who cares since you are the one warning me"

What is with people these days? Has logic become outlawed and I missed it?

Whether he should have said it or not really isn't the point. The fact is that falsely attributing a quote to someone in a desperate attempt to give that quote validity is dishonest.

So you definitely did miss something.

I did respond to the good Rev Boetcker in post 75. Trying to attribute the quote to Lincoln is an attempt to give it false credibility. Lincoln actually respected the working man

You in NY?

If yes, you are lying.

Yes I am and NO they haven't. I went from paying 39.99 a month to $72 a month for cable alone. The fees and taxes go up all the time. The only cable I have access to is ^&%$* cablevision.

From your own article

As many as 743 people with American citizenship or legal resident status renounced their U.S. citizenship in 2009 -- three times as many as in 2008 -- which resulted in a waiting list for people to say farewell to the red, white and blue at the U.S. Embassy in London, according to the Financial Times. That represents a tiny fraction of the 7 million or so Americans living abroad, but does underscore the growing unease about the Obama administration's taxation policies among the wealthy, according to experts.

Many of those leaving the U.S. behind have dual nationality and may not have lived in the country for years. Others have lived overseas for so long that America no longer feels like home.

So the claim that they are RICH and are leaving the country for tax purposes is a little less than honest don't you think?? Especially since the article itself counters that claim.

Thanks for the "worthless opinon presented as fact post".

So you mischaracterize what I wrote and then proceed to try to say that is false? Nice work if you can get it.
In fact the article makes two things clear: the number of people renouncing citizenship has doubled and will continue to increase. The number of people leaving to preserve their wealth is increasing.
Doubtless you will again misconstrue what I wrote, try to show it was wrong, and call me names.

What was mischaracterized HACK?? You make the claim and the fail completely to support it, not that I wonder why but it would be nice if you could provide some substance for a change.

Yeah the article makes it clear that it has TRIPLED from 08 to 09 (do you even read what you cut and paste??) but it doesn't show anything of substance to support that they are leaving due to taxes. In fact it shows that Many of those leaving the U.S. behind have dual nationality and may not have lived in the country for years. Others have lived overseas for so long that America no longer feels like home.

As to your second claim yeah the OPINION that you linked to does make the CLAIM that the number of people leaving to preserve their wealth is increasing but it provided NOTHING of substance to support that OPINION.

BTW In this post I quoted the article and was talking about ITS content, so unless you wrote it then STFU moron. LOL However, even then my argument is spot on and the FACT is that the article that you linked to offers nothing to support it's conclusion that "the growing unease about the Obama administration's taxation policies among the wealthy" is the reason that these people are leaving.

Got any more BS spin?

You in NY?

If yes, you are lying.

Yes I am and NO they haven't. I went from paying 39.99 a month to $72 a month for cable alone. The fees and taxes go up all the time. The only cable I have access to is ^&%$* cablevision.

I am paying 29.99 for cablevision.
I am paying $100 for cable, internet and phone.
It is called "the triple play" or something like that.

My cable used to be $49.....my internet used to be $49...and my phone used to be $129.

SO I dont get it. You should speak to cablevision.

Forum List

Back