"Tax the rich" code for crush the middle class. Why do the left wingers deny this?

You really want to pay the fuel taxes that it would actually cost to pay for those? How about would you be willing to charge for the damage any single vehicle does to the roads it uses? I pay registrations fees. They are figured, for the most part, by vehicle weight. It costs me about 92 bucks a year for my F-250 due to it's GVW. My RV weighs in at about 13,000 lbs and I pay about 130 bucks a year registration. Using those figures, if an 18 wheeler were to actually pay for registration on the damage they did to the highways, they would pay in the excess of 4000 bucks a year instead of the couple of hundred they do pay. What happens is, the cost is spread out to the cars and light vehicles to offset the cost. The same goes for the fuel taxes. When you total all of these together, they still only pay for a fraction of the actual costs. The rest have to come from other taxes like property taxes, income taxes, sales taxes, etc.. When a road construction happens, the City, County and State. And sometimes, it might also include Federal. The same goes for water works and a lot of other services. We used the 70 to 90% tax to build them but those funds are gone. Not only that, we lowered the tax from the rich from 35% down to 28% without lowering the loopholes which means they end up paying little or no taxes now if they have a good Tax Advisor and most of them do have. The Scam isn't by the middle class. The middle class is being scammed.
You really have NFI how much in taxes that truckers pay, do you ?

Simple answer and I will use your Orange Individual 1 for this answer.
Do truckers pay enough for highways? White House suggests not

Simple answer and I will use your Orange Individual 1 for this answer.
Do truckers pay enough for highways? White House suggests not
He's not my "Orange Individual 1", Karl....And that still doesn't address the monies from the highway trust fund that are being misallocated and squandered buy urban do-gooders.

And exactly what are those misallocations and squandered things those really bad urban do-gooders are doing again? Be specific.

So, you never go to the cities/ You just stay in the sticks?
Many out-state people grab the train to ride into the city for ball games, concerts,shopping and many other purposes. Also, mass transit cuts down on traffic, thus extending the life of the infrastructure. 62% of the American population, live in the cities and that trend keeps on growing.
Living in the sticks, means your infrastructure is not used as heavily verses the infrastructure in the cities. Cry me a river.
I couldn't care less....Highway trust fund monies are supposed to be for roads and bridges, not as a redistributionist slush fund for urban mass transit scams, that do nothing but hemorrhage money.

Freebooter.
Yeah, we all know, all you care about is yourself. Sorry dude, you are just a pebble in the sand. You don't matter when it comes to the Big Picture.:boohoo:

THe best growth of the middle class is when the wealthy had a tax rate of 70% +

How did a 70% tax rate create that?
One of the reasons was 1944 GI bill providing for college/business/mortgage. The reason is that consumer demand is responsible for 70 percent of GDP.
But its not just tax policy that boosted middle class. Labor unions protected wages back in those days. Then in the 80s, reaganomics put end to all that.

"LET'S BAN FOSSIL FUELS, MAKE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE UNEMPLOYED, BUILD ENERGY CHARGING STATIONS EVERYWHERE FOR CARS PEOPLE DON'T HAVE, AND THEN LAUNCH THE MOST AGGRESSIVE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN. GREEN NEW DEAL!"

One of the reasons was 1944 GI bill providing for college/business/mortgage. The reason is that consumer demand is responsible for 70 percent of GDP.
But its not just tax policy that boosted middle class. Labor unions protected wages back in those days. Then in the 80s, reaganomics put end to all that.
Certainly having every other industrialized nation in the world being bombed back to pre-industrial revolution levels had nothing to do with any of it. :rolleyes:

My taxes went up 100 bucks from 2017 to 2018. And I made more money.

So you only made an extra $100 last year?

That tax decrease I was supposed to have never happened. Instead, I paid more taxes federally.

We paid about $2,000 less last year.

I said I made more. I didn't say how much more. I made the normal Cola on my two Pension Plans. But I should not have gotten back less. I should have gotten back more. But I have noticed even with the cola increases, for the last 3 years, until the 2018 year, it's been the same amount so the tax has gone up a bit each time as well.

I have noticed that the Single payer is the one that got hit the hardest. That could explain it all. We get nailed while you get the tax break. The tax breaks have to come from somewhere. It isn't free no matter what the Orange Individual 1 says.

Yet the left deny these mass regulations along with calls for mass tax increases on "the rich" means something? Do I need to remind the morons on the left that post here that their democrats ARE RICH!? You don't think they will always put loopholes for themselves and the corporations that contribute to their party? Answer that you morons.

So, what or how do they pass the tax increases if they will be insulated? Go ahead morons. Answer it.

Yesterday i had a poll and asked which liberals would WANT $10 dollars per gallon for gas. Half of them said yes.

Which tells you what about them? Number one, the rich can afford that. You think the middle class can? Please, explain.

That, is what will be happening to the middle class. Get ready.

Tax breaks for the rich are one of the reasons why the gap between the rich and rest of us is growing. And there is no denying that gap is a problem.

You know who said he would raise taxes on the rich? Candidate Donald Trump.

Trump: My tax plan is 'going to cost me a fortune'

Trump went around to all the talk shows and told the American people that taxes on the wealthy would go up. Was he lying? Admit he was lying please.

And this got a lot of people to vote for him. They shouldn't vote for him again. Do you know who they should vote for? Beto

Beto said he would support taxing the wealth of the country’s super-rich. And before you conservatives lose your shit, Trump said the same thing when he was running. Maybe Beto means it though.

Fundamental to this experiment of America and democracy is ensuring we don’t have princes and princesses, kings and queens, a concentration of wealth and power and privilege, and that’s exactly what we have in this country right now. So both for reasons of generating the revenue that we need and reasons to achieve the political democracy by having an economic democracy, some part of that wealth that has been built up and continues to be built up and receives favorable preferential treatment in the tax code must be taxed for our common benefit,” he added.

Most Democrats support rolling back all or a portion of President Donald Trump’s tax cuts. Hell Beto, don’t just roll back the Trump tax breaks, roll back the Bush tax breaks too, then Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts if you really want to make America great again.

Forum List

Back