Tax cuts for the rich, no money for schools

Is this a great country or what?

Given the unemployment rate, it would seem that getting children's parents employed would be the priority now. Regardless of your personal animosity towards people who have more money then you do, cutting taxes for the people who create jobs is the way to get it. What is having a new text book if your parent's aren't working?

Demand for goods and services is what creates jobs. Cutting taxes for the Rich does not create meaningful demand for goods and services.

Given the unemployment rate, it would seem that getting children's parents employed would be the priority now. Regardless of your personal animosity towards people who have more money then you do, cutting taxes for the people who create jobs is the way to get it. What is having a new text book if your parent's aren't working?

The stock market is up 87% in the last 2 years. That's a massive investment in business.

Why isn't that creating massive numbers of jobs?

Has the educational system in the country deteriorated in the last 30 years?

Have the rich paid progressively lower taxes over the past 30 years?

And I'll ask you the same question the other two have avoided so far. Maybe the third time is a charm.

The USA spends more money on public education than any other nation in the world (with pitiful results). So if that's not enough money, how much is?

The fight is against education cuts. How are better results obtained by spending less? What gets better when you pay teachers less? The quality of teaching? Are more of the best and brightest attracted to the teaching profession when they hear all the stories of how teachers are overpaid, greedy, when they see all the anti-teacher propaganda in the media?

Is that the way you improve the quality of a product? By chasing off the best candidates from becoming producers of that product?

Last edited:
And you whine about being attacked.

Let's all make a point of remembering that when Stephanie attacks the government workers leeching off the poor taxpayer,

she's talking about herself. Stephanie, the government parasite.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:
you are an idiot
you don't see me whining about HOW MUCH MONEY I make. and I can tell you, It's NOT A salary a teacher makes.
but hey, you got me.

Don't take it personally.

LOL, so we are right back to If you pay teacher MORE, the childreeeeeen will LEARN more.

My department takes cuts ALL THE TIME and we are short handed, but we manged to get OUR JOBS DONE, for the children.

Demand for goods and services is what creates jobs. Cutting taxes for the Rich does not create meaningful demand for goods and services.

Wow, your knowledge as demonstrated by a platitude is superior to the entire field of economics. I bow to your wisdom...

:bow3:

The stock market is up 87% in the last 2 years. That's a massive investment in business.

Why isn't that creating massive numbers of jobs?

How is the stock market being up a massive investment in business?

As for the stock market and jobs, the stock market is forward looking, jobs are based on present needs and confidence, you can't compare them.

Let's all make a point of remembering that when Stephanie attacks the government workers leeching off the poor taxpayer,

she's talking about herself. Stephanie, the government parasite.

:lol::lol::lol:

you are an idiot
you don't see me whining about HOW MUCH MONEY I make. and I can tell you, It's NOT A salary a teacher makes.
but hey, you got me.

Don't take it personally.

watching you breaking an arm patting yourself on your back as if you WON something is good enough for me.

Has the educational system in the country deteriorated in the last 30 years?

Have the rich paid progressively lower taxes over the past 30 years?

And I'll ask you the same question the other two have avoided so far. Maybe the third time is a charm.

The USA spends more money on public education than any other nation in the world (with pitiful results). So if that's not enough money, how much is?

The fight is against education cuts. How are better results obtained by spending less? What gets better when you pay teachers less? The quality of teaching? Are more of the best and brightest attracted to the teaching profession when they hear all the stories of how teachers are overpaid, greedy, when they see all the anti-teacher propaganda in the media?

Is that the way you improve the quality of a product? By chasing off the best candidates from becoming producers of that product?

So you're saying teachers are only motivated by greed? Actually the best teachers are probably not motivated by greed, so cuts will get rid of the greedy ones who will be self selecting that they weren't the best teachers. Then the greedy ones can go get capitalist jobs where they belong.

holy mother of god

the author of this thread is the most naive asshole on the board.............by far.............and thats saying something. Jackass thinks additional monies actually go to the schools and children!!!:gay::gay::gay:

Rich people earned their money, why do you think it's ok for the government steal it from them? They derive a great deal more benefit from the existence of government than average people. What's "Their" money worth outside the framework of government? Fireplace kindling.

Teachers earned their budget cuts. America has the worst primary education system in all the industrialized world.

Yeah education sucks... So lets gut it some more... Idiot.

because money will solve any problem, right?

hey it solved the Education problem in my State.....Cali kids should be the smartest in the Country by now.....

How are better results obtained by spending less?

That should be a fairly easy question for you to answer. People like you are always telling us how much "better" European health care is while they spend a fraction of the cost we do. So is that a dishonest argument?

The fact of the matter is the European education system is by and large outperforming the U.S. and they spend far less money on it. Finland is consistently ranked number one in the world year after year. They don't start school until age 7, they have virtually no homework, and the teachers are basically education entrepreneurs. They aren't under all the bureaucratic control that teachers are here in the U.S.

What gets better when you pay teachers less? The quality of teaching? Are more of the best and brightest attracted to the teaching profession when they hear all the stories of how teachers are overpaid, greedy, when they see all the anti-teacher propaganda in the media?

In some states, yes, teachers are overpaid, states like New Jersey, California, NY, states where unions have run out of control. But the teachers' salaries by and large aren't the issue. It's the benefits and the pensions that the tax dollars are being spent on. You also aren't looking at the bigger picture. There are a lot of administrators and wasteful bureaucrats in the school systems that can be eliminated as well as government mandates that simply interfere in the education process.

Ultimately, it is a parent's responsibility to see to it that their child is getting educated and there is no amount of money you can throw at the government schools that will make up for a lack of parental involvement.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back