Tax cuts for the rich, no money for schools

Ok, I think I got it now. This country will improve if we:

- Continue to give as many tax breaks as possible to the wealthy
- Cut teachers salaries
- Maintain military spending
- Repeal the healthcare legislation and prevent 45 million people from being able to get healthcare coverage.

Seems like a solid plan.

- Tax the wealthy into the poor house
- Unionize teachers and pay them whatever they demand
- Slash the military budget
- Establish national health care system (See Canada, Great Britain)

Seems like a solid plan

Who said anything about taxing the rich in to the poor house? LOL, a bit dramatic, no? Just rolling back their tax cuts to the levels of 2000 is all we are talking about. Still nowhere near where they have been in many other years of our country, including what it was under the Conservative hero Reagan.

Pay teachers whatever they demand? Again, who said that? That's where bargaining comes in.....but that was stripped away as well.

Slashing the military budget would go a long way towards helping our debt crisis. No?

This legislation is FAR from national healthcare, but keep spreading that lie.

The Republicans are selling out the future of this country for short term gains.

Look I do believe in SOME tax cuts. Corporations, not the top 2%. I understand that business want incentives to grow jobs. I believe the incentive should be to give people work and make more money but apparently thats not enough anymore. Whatever.

But when you cut education spending to give a tax cut to the rich for a potential economic growth, its selling out the long term future of this country for potential short term gains. Are educational system is bad, less money isn't going to make it better. You can argue teachers, parents, whatever but less money per student with cost rising rapidly isn't a recipe for success. Old textbooks aren't updated and falling apart. Can't afford new textbooks because their is no money in the budgets. Good teachers get fed up because of all the cuts, leave the system, and the bad ones stay.

We have to invest in our education. You don't invest in the education system, kids are being taught with outdated textbooks, teachers feel less incentive to work hard because instead of getting paid more for good work, they get paid less because school budgets keep decreasing.

Now here is where republicans will make their non-sensical rants about unions decreasing motivation to work hard. But its not always unions. You keep slashing the budget, teachers keep getting paid less no matter what. Then you create the disinterest in working hard because they aren't getting a raise. Unions put in place a method in getting the raise, getting tenure. Take that away, you take away any incentive for college students to want to become teachers. So is that your goal?

So back to the post:

We can't keep decreasing education budgets and say we care about education. You either increase the budget and care about education. Or you decrease and say you don't care.

- Cut teachers salaries
- Repeal the healthcare legislation and prevent 45 million people from being able to get healthcare coverage.

Seems like a solid plan.

- Tax the wealthy into the poor house
- Unionize teachers and pay them whatever they demand
- Slash the military budget
- Establish national health care system (See Canada, Great Britain)

Seems like a solid plan

1. 39% of 250k means they take home 152,000. Yeah I would like to live in that poor house for sure.

2. Versus paying them less and giving them no incentive to work harder to get a higher salary because you will always decrease their salary. Sounds like a great plan.

3. Unneccesary Military spending needs to be eliminated. Alot of times military personnel throw out things that are like new for newer things so they don't lose their funding. That is waste and needs to be eliminated.

4. Considering those health care system are better than ours and spend way less than us. Sounds like that what we should do.

But when you cut education spending to give a tax cut to the rich for a potential economic growth, its selling out the long term future of this country for potential short term gains. Are educational system is bad, less money isn't going to make it better. You can argue teachers, parents, whatever but less money per student with cost rising rapidly isn't a recipe for success. Old textbooks aren't updated and falling apart. Can't afford new textbooks because their is no money in the budgets. Good teachers get fed up because of all the cuts, leave the system, and the bad ones stay.

We have to invest in our education. You don't invest in the education system, kids are being taught with outdated textbooks, teachers feel less incentive to work hard because instead of getting paid more for good work, they get paid less because school budgets keep decreasing.

I'll pose you the same question. The USA spends more money on public education than any other nation in the world (with pitiful results). So if that's not enough, how much is?

- Cut teachers salaries

Seems like a solid plan.

Assuming you actually 'got it'. Which judging by your list there you still don't.

-who gets tax breaks is not the point. What government does with those taxes and thus how it needs to be collected is.
-cutting teachers salaries is not the point. Assuming that injecting money and smarting kids is a cause and effect scenario is
-maintaining a functinal military capable of defending the country is not the issue, what it does that does not meet the criteria is.
-whether 45 million people should be covered by health care is not the point. Of course they should. Assuming obamacare is the only way to do that and shutting yourself off to any other ideas that isn't goernment is.

Last edited:
The Republicans are selling out the future of this country for short term gains.

Look I do believe in SOME tax cuts. Corporations, not the top 2%. I understand that business want incentives to grow jobs. I believe the incentive should be to give people work and make more money but apparently thats not enough anymore. Whatever.

Now here is where republicans will make their non-sensical rants about unions decreasing motivation to work hard. But its not always unions. You keep slashing the budget, teachers keep getting paid less no matter what. Then you create the disinterest in working hard because they aren't getting a raise. Unions put in place a method in getting the raise, getting tenure. Take that away, you take away any incentive for college students to want to become teachers. So is that your goal?

So back to the post:

We can't keep decreasing education budgets and say we care about education. You either increase the budget and care about education. Or you decrease and say you don't care.

You people that only talk about who should pay what in taxes are totally missing the point. This isn't about who should pay how much in taxes or who deserves to have the most tax burden on them. It's about government SPENDING........unless everyone agrees that everything government is currently spending money on is legitimate. Then we can talk about who should pay them.

My gawd, you notice MONEY is the MAJOR thing liberals whine about..

It's always, we "DON'T HAVE ENOUGH" and you hard working stiffs should be DONATING more.

They would suck the life blood from you if they could.

I work for a school and they have BUDGETS just like the rest of us peons.

They also have a LOTTERY in this state that is SUPPOSED to go to funding schools.

Yet that is NEVER ENOUGH for a whiny assed liberal.

Wait a minute.

When you say you work for a school, you work for the government???

Uhm, I don't know if you are aware of this, but, there are private schools.

That's why I asked, instead of assuming, you moron.

And then I got attacked for asking, instead of assuming.

You people are proof that while Evolution is real, it's often inefficient.

So back to the post:

You people that only talk about who should pay what in taxes are totally missing the point. This isn't about who should pay how much in taxes or who deserves to have the most tax burden on them. It's about government SPENDING........unless everyone agrees that everything government is currently spending money on is legitimate. Then we can talk about who should pay them.

We're complaining about money for education in this country while we're building schools in Iraq and Afghanistan,

and defending Europe and half of Asia for free, which allows them to pass their savings along to their own superior educational systems.

Has the educational system in the country deteriorated in the last 30 years?

Have the rich paid progressively lower taxes over the past 30 years?

That's all the left has ever done tax and spend. This is why we are in this situation.
More money for schools,teachers,workers on and on and on.
Washington has a spending problem, and that is all the left know how to do, they don't have any real solutions. How are they going to run if they don't run on - If I get elected I will get you this and that and so on and so on.

What about all the people who have paid taxes for decades yet never used the public school system?

The rich don't use it yet they pay for it.

People who have no kids don't use it yet they pay for it.
They may not use the public school system but they benefit from it. Taxation is based on benefit as much as it is use. You don't use the military, the FBI, FDA inspectors, or the boarder patrol but you benefit from it's existence.

That seems to be a concept they can't see.
To them if we didn't have a daddy federal Government, we people COULD NEVER survive.

And that's the difference between them and me. I dont rely on government to survive. I put my trust in God and in the gifts He has given me.
Did god or government teach you to read?

If you awake some night with a burglar in your residence, are you dialing jesus or 911?

What if god is just another lie the rich tell?

To them if we didn't have a daddy federal Government, we people COULD NEVER survive.

And that's the difference between them and me. I dont rely on government to survive. I put my trust in God and in the gifts He has given me.

If you awake some night with a burglar in your residence, are you dialing jesus or 911?

wtf? Did the government teach him to read.
maybe his parents taught him to read. Remember them folks, I suppose you have some or maybe you were born by the GUBERMENT.
and if a burglar was in my residence I'd shoot first then call 911.

good grief.

Last edited:

maybe his parents taught him to read. Remember them folks?

good grief.

Your AV reminds me of THIS :p

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

maybe his parents taught him to read. Remember them folks?

good grief.

Your AV reminds me of THIS :p

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Your problem, not mine

This is about the dumbest fucking thing yet.

Forum List

Back