Tax cuts for the rich, no money for schools

Is this a great country or what?

Given the unemployment rate, it would seem that getting children's parents employed would be the priority now. Regardless of your personal animosity towards people who have more money then you do, cutting taxes for the people who create jobs is the way to get it. What is having a new text book if your parent's aren't working?

Has the educational system in the country deteriorated in the last 30 years?

Have the rich paid progressively lower taxes over the past 30 years?

And I'll ask you the same question the other two have avoided so far. Maybe the third time is a charm.

The USA spends more money on public education than any other nation in the world (with pitiful results). So if that's not enough money, how much is?

Is this a great country or what?

Given the unemployment rate, it would seem that getting children's parents employed would be the priority now. Regardless of your personal animosity towards people who have more money then you do, cutting taxes for the people who create jobs is the way to get it. What is having a new text book if your parent's aren't working?
I have heard this argument for years. It's more important to create jobs, reduce government spending, and provide for other needs than improve education. It's critical that kids learn reading, math, and writing. Not just sometime in their lifetime but in 1st thou 4th grade. If they don't master these skills at that time, they will fall further and further behind in school. Education is all about building a foundation for learning and you a have limited time to do it. You can't just put all other problems ahead of education, if you expect this country to succeed in the future.

Last edited:
And who's fault is it if they aren't learning reading, math and writing?

The MONEYS?

man oh man.:lol:

Last edited:
What about all the people who have paid taxes for decades yet never used the public school system?

The rich don't use it yet they pay for it.

People who have no kids don't use it yet they pay for it.
They may not use the public school system but they benefit from it. Taxation is based on benefit as much as it is use. You don't use the military, the FBI, FDA inspectors, or the boarder patrol but you benefit from it's existence.

We benefit from the border patrol? Then how are so many illegals in the country?

That seems to be a concept they can't see.
To them if we didn't have a daddy federal Government, we people COULD NEVER survive.

And that's the difference between them and me. I dont rely on government to survive. I put my trust in God and in the gifts He has given me.
Did god or government teach you to read?

If you awake some night with a burglar in your residence, are you dialing jesus or 911?

What if god is just another lie the rich tell?

My parents taught me how to read for the most part. The rest was self taught. The Federal Government had absolutely nothing to do with it.

If there is a burglar in my residence, I would be relying on God. Not the Federal government who wouldnt even be called if the police were brought it.

The fact that you haven't learned about God makes me sad. But He isn't a lie and far more reliable than the Federal Government. He created me. He created you. He has given us our minds. The ability to think. The ability to work with our hands. He has given us our hearts to love with. All good things come from God.

And that's the difference between them and me. I dont rely on government to survive. I put my trust in God and in the gifts He has given me.

If you awake some night with a burglar in your residence, are you dialing jesus or 911?

My parents taught me how to read for the most part. The rest was self taught. The Federal Government had absolutely nothing to do with it.

If there is a burglar in my residence, I would be relying on God. Not the Federal government who wouldnt even be called if the police were brought it.

The fact that you haven't learned about God makes me sad. But He isn't a lie and far more reliable than the Federal Government.He created me. He created you. He has given us our minds. The ability to think. The ability to work with our hands. He has given us our hearts to love with. All good things come from God.

:eusa_eh:

Link?

The fact that you haven't learned about God makes me sad. But He isn't a lie and far more reliable than the Federal Government.He created me. He created you. He has given us our minds. The ability to think. The ability to work with our hands. He has given us our hearts to love with. All good things come from God.

Link?

stop being an ass.

Link?

stop being an ass.

I thought that was the standard thing to do here. Someone posts something that you think is ridiculous, so you ask for a link proving their claim. No?

The MONEYS?

A legislatures that puts 38 kids in a 1st grade class
Teachers that are allowed to teach with AA degrees
Parents that are too busy to involve themselves in their kids education
A community that more interested in school football than they are they are the kids education
A school district staff that's overpaid and more interested in protecting their jobs than serving the schools

It's a bit off topic, but if you want a link fine. Ill even provide quotes:

12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.

13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God. (Moroni 7:12-13)

Now, of course, I'd be foolish to think that you'd believe it merely because I provide a link and quote a source. Especially one you likely have no knowledge of. But it is true. And I would hope that you would be encouraged to find out for yourself through study and prayer.

The MONEYS?

A community that more interested in school football than they are they are the kids education
A school district staff that's overpaid and more interested in protecting their jobs than serving the schools

I find it somewhat amusing and, likewise, sad, that you neglected the most important person. Are you honestly suggesting that the student has no responsibility in failing to learn to read, do math. or write?

All our money went to Iraq, Wall Street, and tax cuts for the rich.

Now we are having to fire teachers.

How fucked up is that?

All thanks to the Republican Party.

The MONEYS?

I find it somewhat amusing and, likewise, sad, that you neglected the most important person. Are you honestly suggesting that the student has no responsibility in failing to learn to read, do math. or write?
Hold 1st and 2nd graders responsible? Nope, they aren't the problem.

Last edited:
Last edited:

wtf? Did the government teach him to read.
maybe his parents taught him to read. Remember them folks, I suppose you have some or maybe you were born by the GUBERMENT.
and if a burglar was in my residence I'd shoot first then call 911.

good grief.

Stephanie works for the government. Stephanie's entire paycheck is stolen from the taxpayers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, the irony.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So you're kind of the female Ron Swanson, from 'Parks and Recreation'...

....dang that's hilarious.

And you whine about being attacked.

Let's all make a point of remembering that when Stephanie attacks the government workers leeching off the poor taxpayer,

she's talking about herself. Stephanie, the government parasite.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:
you are an idiot
you don't see me whining about HOW MUCH MONEY I make. and I can tell you, It's NOT A salary a teacher makes.
but hey, you got me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back