Tax cut benefits

so first month the tax cuts have been in play and lo and behold the treasury collected more in taxes.

Who would have thought cutting taxes would raise revenues? I mean other than everyone who understands economics

The tax cuts didn't raise revenues. January revenues were actually down from last January.
show us

I showed you in the first thread on this topic, which, btw, this thread should be merged with.

/----/ I'm a business major and ran a successful sales territory for Fortune 50 companies. Please explain what part of economics I don't understand. TIA

A business major? Hey me too! One of the top 10 most useless degrees out there!

Being a good salesman does not equate to understanding basic economics, just means you are good at talking people into doing things

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
/----/ I wish I could talk you into getting a clue. BTW I went to a highly competitive private college on Long Island. Now what part of economics do I not understand?

You do not understand that 15% growth is better than 6% growth.

But I guess that is more of a math failing than economics. So I take it back, what you do not understand is basic math.

And it does not matter where you went, a business degree is a waste of time and money

dude, we get it. the fact is that wasn't moving anything in the country and you seem to be ok with high unemployment. I'm not. so let's just agree to disagree with your path to failure.

Feel free to offer some evidence that tax cuts lower unemployment

ok, here - lower employment

Amazon is cutting hundreds of corporate jobs, according to a new report

musta not got the memo ..

Being a good salesman does not equate to understanding basic economics, just means you are good at talking people into doing things

/----/ I wish I could talk you into getting a clue. BTW I went to a highly competitive private college on Long Island. Now what part of economics do I not understand?

But I guess that is more of a math failing than economics. So I take it back, what you do not understand is basic math.

And it does not matter where you went, a business degree is a waste of time and money

dude, we get it. the fact is that wasn't moving anything in the country and you seem to be ok with high unemployment. I'm not. so let's just agree to disagree with your path to failure.

Examples of individual companies either hiring or firing are useless.

so first month the tax cuts have been in play and lo and behold the treasury collected more in taxes.

Who would have thought cutting taxes would raise revenues? I mean other than everyone who understands economics

Well except for the fact the cuts had not been implemented till at best till then end of the month it is hard to tie them to the increase in revenue, which rally was not all that great. Last Jan saw a larger percent of growth

Hope you let them know at CBS.
Feds Collect Record Taxes in First Month Under Tax Cut; Run Surplus in January
you posted a link from CNS which is not CBS????

Examples of individual companies either hiring or firing are useless.

you mean Trumps magic tax cut wand was useless [[[[[[[[[[[ SHOCKING ]]]]]]]]]]

Well except for the fact the cuts had not been implemented till at best till then end of the month it is hard to tie them to the increase in revenue, which rally was not all that great. Last Jan saw a larger percent of growth

Yup, someone already pointed that out. Second post was suggesting gator let CBS know also. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=17044620011&tag=ff0d01-20
hero-1500900-hq2candidates.jpg

/----/ Is the Daily wire acceptable? Don't expect this on CNN. TRUMPONOMICS: Tax Revenues Up Big After GOP Tax Cut
The [CBO report] says that revenues for the first four months of the current fiscal year — which started last October — were $46 billion higher than the same period the year before.

Individual income and payroll taxes, it says, rose by $68 billion. "That change largely reflects increases in wages and salaries," the CBO says.

Those gains in wages and salaries are likely to continue, if not accelerate, under the tax cuts.

/----/ Is the Daily wire acceptable? Don't expect this on CNN. TRUMPONOMICS: Tax Revenues Up Big After GOP Tax Cut
The [CBO report] says that revenues for the first four months of the current fiscal year — which started last October — were $46 billion higher than the same period the year before.

Individual income and payroll taxes, it says, rose by $68 billion. "That change largely reflects increases in wages and salaries," the CBO says.

Those gains in wages and salaries are likely to continue, if not accelerate, under the tax cuts.
how the fk is that possible?

/----/ What confuses me is the dems non stop rant that the rich need to pay their fair share. Then Trump's tax cuts go in effect that limits the rich's property taxes to $10k and the democRAT governors in blue states look for ways to shield the rich from these tax cuts.
From income taxes to payroll taxes: What to know about Cuomo's plan
ALBANY - The Cuomo administration on Monday proposed a new payroll tax system and a charitable contribution program to shield New Yorkers who will be limited in how much they can deduct in state and local taxes.

The major overhaul has been discussed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo for weeks after the federal government in December limited state and local tax deductions to $10,000 a year.

Cuomo has railed against the deduction cap, saying it unfairly targets high-tax states like New York and hurts the state's tax base. New York and neighboring states are also planning to sue over the federal law.
anytime, someone from the left can tell me what 'fair share' means other than a fked up talking point.

It is possible because revenue goes up 90% of the time regardless of cuts it no cuts. It is also possible because each month there are more people working than the month before, thus their are more individuals paying into the system

It is possible because revenue goes up 90% of the time regardless of cuts it no cuts. It is also possible because each month there are more people working than the month before, thus their are more individuals paying into the system

it's always going to be up and down, just like the stock market. Projects end and money moves constantly. Resources follow the money and projects.

/----/ What confuses me is the dems non stop rant that the rich need to pay their fair share. Then Trump's tax cuts go in effect that limits the rich's property taxes to $10k and the democRAT governors in blue states look for ways to shield the rich from these tax cuts.
ALBANY - The Cuomo administration on Monday proposed a new payroll tax system and a charitable contribution program to shield New Yorkers who will be limited in how much they can deduct in state and local taxes.

The major overhaul has been discussed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo for weeks after the federal government in December limited state and local tax deductions to $10,000 a year.

Cuomo has railed against the deduction cap, saying it unfairly targets high-tax states like New York and hurts the state's tax base. New York and neighboring states are also planning to sue over the federal law.
anytime, someone from the left can tell me what 'fair share' means other than a fked up talking point.

Here is my version of fair share.

In the spring when the POTUS submits a budget, tax rates should be adjusted on everyone in the nation so that income will match the proposed spending.

Do that and I am betting we would have a lot more people calling for spending cuts.

In the spring when the POTUS submits a budget, tax rates should be adjusted on everyone in the nation so that income will match the proposed spending.

Do that and I am betting we would have a lot more people calling for spending cuts.

the problem is that there are two parties and opposite thinkers. no way it will ever happen.

it's always going to be up and down, just like the stock market. Projects end and money moves constantly. Resources follow the money and projects.

That is not accurate. In the last 57 years revenue has only gone down 7 of those 57

the problem is that there are two parties and opposite thinkers. no way it will ever happen.

Of course it will not happen, not enough people care about debt. For about 70% of the country debt only matters when the wrong person is sitting in the White House.

People love their free shit and that is what our debt equates to

Of course it will not happen, not enough people care about debt. For about 70% of the country debt only matters when the wrong person is sitting in the White House.

People love their free shit and that is what our debt equates to

I agree.

only for one more year.

And the divide is drastic!

We don’t want to treat you differently based on how much melanin is in your skin, we want to see the economy take off, contain Iran and North Korea, have immigration laws that make sense for our country, everybody keep more of their money, we don’t want your electricity costs to skyrocket, we don’t want gasoline prices to be European level,...

...and they want the very opposite.

only for one more year.
you're exactly right! It's called balance, once the salaries level off, then the interest rates and inflation will go up nullifying the increases, and then it will be necessary to start that entire process all over again. It's circular. You should know this in order to talk about it.

You should also know that a business will never pay taxes, they will use profits to pay and increase cost of goods to make up that tax money from their take.

Forum List

Back