Tax cut benefits

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
so first month the tax cuts have been in play and lo and behold the treasury collected more in taxes.

Who would have thought cutting taxes would raise revenues? I mean other than everyone who understands economics

so first month the tax cuts have been in play and lo and behold the treasury collected more in taxes.

Who would have thought cutting taxes would raise revenues? I mean other than everyone who understands economics
/----/ Can you please post the source. Thank you

How do you get last month's revenue on a tax cut bill last month?

/----/ Can you please post the source. Thank you

Heard it on the news. Haven’t found the report online yet

I certainly hope that's the way it works out.

Will a tax cut always result in an increase in tax revenue... I say no!
Will a tax cut sometimes result in an increase in tax revenue... I say yes!

That being said, I'm happy to be keeping more of my own money. But I don't know how much longer we can continue to add to the debt.

That being said, I'm happy to be keeping more of my own money. But I don't know how much longer we can continue to add to the debt.
it's the way it always works out. it's the little secret dems hate so much and why they are always against them. Dems want to take down this country. look at them ewwing over the NK sister, a sister who's brother aims nukes at the US and they are in ahhh of her. LOL. what a bunch of treasonous beings.

/----/ What confuses me is the dems non stop rant that the rich need to pay their fair share. Then Trump's tax cuts go in effect that limits the rich's property taxes to $10k and the democRAT governors in blue states look for ways to shield the rich from these tax cuts.
From income taxes to payroll taxes: What to know about Cuomo's plan
ALBANY - The Cuomo administration on Monday proposed a new payroll tax system and a charitable contribution program to shield New Yorkers who will be limited in how much they can deduct in state and local taxes.

The major overhaul has been discussed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo for weeks after the federal government in December limited state and local tax deductions to $10,000 a year.

Cuomo has railed against the deduction cap, saying it unfairly targets high-tax states like New York and hurts the state's tax base. New York and neighboring states are also planning to sue over the federal law.

Obviously no it doesn’t always. Cut taxes to zero and it’s zero no matter how the economy grew

Well except for the fact the cuts had not been implemented till at best till then end of the month it is hard to tie them to the increase in revenue, which rally was not all that great. Last Jan saw a larger percent of growth

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Well except for the fact the cuts had not been implemented till at best till then end of the month it is hard to tie them to the increase in revenue, which rally was not all that great. Last Jan saw a larger percent of growth

Hope you let them know at CBS.
Feds Collect Record Taxes in First Month Under Tax Cut; Run Surplus in January

it's the way it always works out. it's the little secret dems hate so much and why they are always against them.

No, actually it does not, that is just a GOP myth.

The 5 years prior to the Reagan tax cut tax revenue increased at an average of 15% per year. The 5 years after the Reagan tax cut tax revenue increased an average of 6% per year.

You mean CNSNews, the far right news blog? That is where you link goes

Oops, we'll have to let them know too. I should have known CBS wouldn't report on a story like that.

Oops, we'll have to let them know too. I should have known CBS wouldn't report on a story like that.

Employers had till Feb 15th to implement the withholding changes and I do not know anyone that saw a change before the 20th, a lot of people I know didn’t see the change till the start of Feb

Employers had till Feb 15th to implement the withholding changes and I do not know anyone that saw a change before the 20th, a lot of people I know didn’t see the change till the start of Feb

I did on my 15th paycheck, hundreds of dollars more in my pocket oh man Go Trump! MAGA!! :eusa_dance:

Couple weeks ago I had heard IRS wouldn't be ready til Feb/Mar. Speculation is always a risky business.

it's the way it always works out. it's the little secret dems hate so much and why they are always against them.

The 5 years prior to the Reagan tax cut tax revenue increased at an average of 15% per year. The 5 years after the Reagan tax cut tax revenue increased an average of 6% per year.
nice spew of data that has zero credibility. nice work. your antics are slippery at best. you should post up some links that will prove your post otherwise it has poopy on it.

I did on my 15th paycheck, hundreds of dollars more in my pocket oh man Go Trump! MAGA!! :eusa_dance:
I'm getting two hundred a month more. that's yuge.

nice spew of data that has zero credibility. nice work. your antics are slippery at best. you should post up some links that will prove your post otherwise it has poopy on it.

Here is a source. Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

And here is the math. The tax cut was passed in 1981 and took effect in 82.

upload_2018-2-13_15-20-56.png

Now prove my math is wrong or kiss my ass.

I'm getting two hundred a month more. that's yuge.

For someone flipping burgers at Wendy's, that is pretty good money! I am happy for you!

New Topics

Forum List

Back