Tax cut benefits

You mean CNSNews, the far right news blog? That is where you link goes

Oops, we'll have to let them know too. I should have known CBS wouldn't report on a story like that.

Employers had till Feb 15th to implement the withholding changes and I do not know anyone that saw a change before the 20th, a lot of people I know didn’t see the change till the start of Feb

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I did on my 15th paycheck, hundreds of dollars more in my pocket oh man Go Trump! MAGA!! :eusa_dance:
I'm getting two hundred a month more. that's yuge.

Come back and let us all know how much of your savings have been eaten up by inflation and interest rates. You're going to have to give yourself a raise to offset.

Oops, we'll have to let them know too. I should have known CBS wouldn't report on a story like that.

Employers had till Feb 15th to implement the withholding changes and I do not know anyone that saw a change before the 20th, a lot of people I know didn’t see the change till the start of Feb

I did on my 15th paycheck, hundreds of dollars more in my pocket oh man Go Trump! MAGA!! :eusa_dance:

Come back and let us all know how much of your savings have been eaten up by inflation and interest rates. You're going to have to give yourself a raise to offset.
/----/ Savings???? Who keeps money in a passbook savings account beyond immediate living expenses? Mine is in the market and real estate which are up substantially.

Typical fucking zealot, would rather fall for a propaganda piece than look at the data for themselves. Always have to have someone else telling you what to think.

Lets look at the actual data, if you have the balls to do so.

Here are the actual numbers, not opinion, not propaganda, but pure, cold hard facts.

The 5 years leading up the Reagan tax cuts tax revenue increased at a rate of 15% per year. The 5 years after the tax cut revenue increased at a rate of 6%.

So, while it is true that revenue still went up, there is no denying it went up at a slower rate after the tax cuts. The numbers do not lie, even if you do.

YearTax Revenue in billionsAmount of change in billionsPercent of change
1977356+ 5819%
1978399+ 4312%
1979463+ 6416%
1980517+ 5412%
1981599+ 8216%
1982618+ 193%
1983601- 17-3%
1984666+ 6511%
1985734+ 6810%
1986796+ 62 8%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I am not going to build another table, but in the 5 years prior to the Bush II tax cut revenue increased at a rate of 7% per year and the 5 years after it increased at a rate of 4% per year.

The cold, hard fact that nobody on this forum can deny is that revenue increases slow after tax cuts, the numbers do not lie.
but more money/ revenue is received If I read your table correctly right?

Yes, more is received, what is slowed is the rate of growth at which it is received.

Let me ask you, would you rather your income grew at 15% or 6%?

it's still more revenue, and it results in a greater GDP that causes higher wages and more higher paying jobs for americans.

You did not answer the question, would you rather your income increased at 15% or 6%? Which would be better?

And please show the data proving that tax cuts result in a higher GDP

/-----/ As a commission sales rep in the legal publishing industry, whenever I wanted a raise I sold more books to lawyers. As a short term option trader, my portfolio is up 41% for the year. Sorry, your question doesn't apply to me.

Which explains why you do not understand basic economics

but more money/ revenue is received If I read your table correctly right?

Yes, more is received, what is slowed is the rate of growth at which it is received.

it's still more revenue, and it results in a greater GDP that causes higher wages and more higher paying jobs for americans.

You did not answer the question, would you rather your income increased at 15% or 6%? Which would be better?

/-----/ As a commission sales rep in the legal publishing industry, whenever I wanted a raise I sold more books to lawyers. As a short term option trader, my portfolio is up 41% for the year. Sorry, your question doesn't apply to me.

/----/ I'm a business major and ran a successful sales territory for Fortune 50 companies. Please explain what part of economics I don't understand. TIA

/----/ I'm a business major and ran a successful sales territory for Fortune 50 companies. Please explain what part of economics I don't understand. TIA

A business major? Hey me too! One of the top 10 most useless degrees out there!

Being a good salesman does not equate to understanding basic economics, just means you are good at talking people into doing things

Why are you lying?

I'm not, why are you in denial? I'm guessing butthurt over losing to Trump and now the tax reform bill wins.

Liberals will be along shorty to inform you the rich...blah blah corporations...blah blah and how you should have voted for Hillary.
to this day, there hasn't been one politician to say what is a fair share. not one. They've been spewing that for fking ever. Not once explained what it means other than it sounds nice off their tongue.

They are trying to make people feel less creepy about taking other people's money, somehow the 'rich' cheated them out of their fair share so confiscating their money is somehow righteous and okay. Meanwhile the bunch of dumb asses never get it, the 'rich' have the means to pass these tax increases right back down to the poor and middle class, the idiots are heaping tax increases on themselves.
/----/ From today's Investors Business daily: Walmart (WMT) announced in January that it was hiking base pay to $11 an hour, three years after it last announced a boost in starting pay to $9 an hour. Last week, CVS Health (CVS) said it also will adopt an $11 minimum wage in April. Both companies tied their wage hikes at least loosely to their tax cuts, but that's only part of the story. Competition for quality workers led Target (TGT) to boost its wage to $11 starting last October, when tax reform was still up in the air. At the time, Target made a commitment to raise its base wage to $15 an hour by the end of 2020. Starbucks (SBUX), JPMorgan Chase (JPM) and Wells Fargo (WFC) also are among the dozens of big employers who have hiked wages in the wake of tax cuts.

Funny how businesses not being taxed to shit now have the money to pay employees more.

Being a good salesman does not equate to understanding basic economics, just means you are good at talking people into doing things

/----/ I wish I could talk you into getting a clue. BTW I went to a highly competitive private college on Long Island. Now what part of economics do I not understand?

/----/ I wish I could talk you into getting a clue. BTW I went to a highly competitive private college on Long Island. Now what part of economics do I not understand?

You do not understand that 15% growth is better than 6% growth.

But I guess that is more of a math failing than economics. So I take it back, what you do not understand is basic math.

And it does not matter where you went, a business degree is a waste of time and money

actually my money is in retirement packages that invest through portfolios and not through a bank. I move money around based on any gains and loses.

But I guess that is more of a math failing than economics. So I take it back, what you do not understand is basic math.

And it does not matter where you went, a business degree is a waste of time and money

dude, we get it. the fact is that wasn't moving anything in the country and you seem to be ok with high unemployment. I'm not. so let's just agree to disagree with your path to failure.

Liberals will be along shorty to inform you the rich...blah blah corporations...blah blah and how you should have voted for Hillary.
to this day, there hasn't been one politician to say what is a fair share. not one. They've been spewing that for fking ever. Not once explained what it means other than it sounds nice off their tongue.

They are trying to make people feel less creepy about taking other people's money, somehow the 'rich' cheated them out of their fair share so confiscating their money is somehow righteous and okay. Meanwhile the bunch of dumb asses never get it, the 'rich' have the means to pass these tax increases right back down to the poor and middle class, the idiots are heaping tax increases on themselves.
/----/ From today's Investors Business daily: Walmart (WMT) announced in January that it was hiking base pay to $11 an hour, three years after it last announced a boost in starting pay to $9 an hour. Last week, CVS Health (CVS) said it also will adopt an $11 minimum wage in April. Both companies tied their wage hikes at least loosely to their tax cuts, but that's only part of the story. Competition for quality workers led Target (TGT) to boost its wage to $11 starting last October, when tax reform was still up in the air. At the time, Target made a commitment to raise its base wage to $15 an hour by the end of 2020. Starbucks (SBUX), JPMorgan Chase (JPM) and Wells Fargo (WFC) also are among the dozens of big employers who have hiked wages in the wake of tax cuts.

Funny how businesses not being taxed to shit now have the money to pay employees more.
well that's not ok with them, they want unemployment and revenues of 15% only by the government not by individuals.

dude, we get it. the fact is that wasn't moving anything in the country and you seem to be ok with high unemployment. I'm not. so let's just agree to disagree with your path to failure.

Feel free to offer some evidence that tax cuts lower unemployment

are more folks now back at work? Are folks able to get jobs that are higher wage jobs in private sector vs government? answer to both is yes. Not sure your point, let's monitor it for a year and see. K?

are more folks now back at work? Are folks able to get jobs that are higher wage jobs in private sector vs government? answer to both is yes. Not sure your point, let's monitor it for a year and see. K?

Once again, I deal in facts and figures not opinions. I provide data to support my claims, is it too much to ask that you people do the same thing?

Once again, I deal in facts and figures not opinions. I provide data to support my claims, is it too much to ask that you people do the same thing?

the tax cuts just occurred, I will once a quarter or two goes by, k?

This is not the first time taxes have been cut in this country. Did the previous tax cuts have an impact on unemployment?

This is not the first time taxes have been cut in this country. Did the previous tax cuts have an impact on unemployment?

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_1975_2018_all_period_M01_data.gif

so first month the tax cuts have been in play and lo and behold the treasury collected more in taxes.

Who would have thought cutting taxes would raise revenues? I mean other than everyone who understands economics

The tax cuts didn't raise revenues. January revenues were actually down from last January.

Forum List

Back